See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed two nights at this location. Check in was pleasant and efficient but after shift change the staff were not helpful or pleasant to deal with, not willing to go the extra step. The rooms are relatively clean considering the state of upkeep. Maintenance has not been done on a consistent basis. Mold around tub caulking, broken tile around tub, hole in bathroom door, windows need cleaning, loose plugs on lights. Just general maintenance needs to be done. The beds were comfortable and clean, with window open some road noise but not enough to bother. Swimming pool was relatively clean but could use some extra chairs so those supervising can have a place to sit. Restaurant was closed for renovations so had to leave hotel and few restaurants are close by since the hotel is located in an office tower area. Overall if they did some maintenance and looked at the little things then you would have an average hotel, which what Travelodge is.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bgifanc
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

So I read all these iffy recent reviews of this hotel. But we decided to take a chance anyway because of a great deal we got on booking. com. I've got to say, I don't know what all the fuss is about. We got a fifth floor room facing the parking lot. It is very quiet. After a 12 hour drive we settled down to a clean room, comfortable bed, and showered with plenty of hot water and water pressure. We were running late due to road closures, but the staff was very accommodating, even after we had to pay with U.S. funds since the exchange atm was down. The only thing keeping me from giving the highest rating is wallpaper that needs to be reglued in two spots, and Shoeless Joe's was closed for remodeling. We were in room 506. All in all a pleasant stay - well worth the time and price. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank meenajonny
TLTE, Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for your favourable review. Our staff strives to meet your expectations and accommodate your needs. I've passed on your comments about the wallpaper to the appropriate departments and we will be following up on it. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Sincerely, Tushar Meshram.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I'm not the type to complain especially after getting a great deal from Priceline but I really wished I took the bad reviews seriously and stayed else where. Only stayed overnight for a total of 8 hours and from the second I checked in there was nothing but problems. RUDE RECEPTION. Mold in room. I've had better rooms in some side of the highway dumps. Very loud -paper thin walls-doors slamming all night- bathrooms with no water pressure- old sink/tub-NO tub stopper- terrible stains-more mold. The free hot breakfast which was one of the reasons this hotel got my attention the WORST breakfast I have ever had. Frozen paper thin bad tasting waffles and powdered type scrambled eggs was the hot breakfast. Bagels, bread and a few pieces of bruised fruit round out the rest of it. . I will usually eat anything and not complain but please please read reviews. Watered down juice. Coffee was the only positive thing I can think of. I really have never seen a more pathetic looking and tasting breakfast. Also had to stand to eat since this large hotel only has a few seats in breakfast area. Many elbows and people stepping on feet to get to the little food they have. When I told reception I was running to my computer to write a review they did not care or try to make anything right. I would not stay here for free. On the positive side of this hotel I did get my wake up call and the coffee was good.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank sandrafromstthomas

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at Travelodge Toronto east. The comfort of our guests is of primary importance to us and I apologize that your stay failed to meet your expectations. You concerns and feedback have been passed on to the appropriate departments in order to improve future guest satisfaction. If you would like to stay with us again please contact me directly and I will make sure your needs are met. Sincerely, Tushar Meshram

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Toronto.
We only had breakfast at hotel and came back to sleep at night so we did not explore the hotel that much.

The bed was comfortable and the room seemed pretty clean.
Obviously you can not expect luxury for this price....

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a comfy bed for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sophie C
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. we appericiate the pleasant comments are are glad that you stay was enjoybale.
Hope to see in the near future again.Sincerely Jit tanna

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed at the Travelodge Toronto East two nights for convenience, as we were spending a full day at the Toronto Zoo. The location was perfect for this purpose (less than 10 minutes away), but I would not recommend it for someone who is planning to visit Toronto-proper.

The Travelodge itself was as expected: a budget hotel, dated but clean. The staff was very friendly and always helpful.

The complimentary breakfast was convenient, but very plain.

Some of the highlights were the attached restaurant/sports bar Shoeless Joe's, which was close and offered good grub. We also enjoyed the pool, which was clean and had a comfortable temperature.

A few improvements I could suggest would be the addition of a small changing area at the pool. Also, we could not use the coffee maker in our room without unplugging the TV or moving it.

It is an okay stay if travelling on a budget and if you have activities planned in the Scarborough area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MissGeorgiana

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Our hotel is located in a business district of a suburb. We have many restaurants close by as well as a few tourist attractions. Our front desk is knowledgeable and can assist you with directions and ideas based on your interests. We have a complimentary hot breakfast as well as a few restaurants that are open for breakfast in the surrounding area. You concerns and feedback have been passed on to the appropriate departments in order to improve future guest satisfaction. If you would like to stay with us again please contact me directly and I will make sure your needs are met. Sincerely, Tushar Meshram