“Good for the price”

Travelodge Toronto East
Ranked #119 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I got a great deal through Expedia for a 2.5 star unnamed hotel (they give us the details after booking). The star rating seemed about right for what we got. Average looking hotel with outdated rooms. For the good price, free parking, free breakfast, free Wifi, and on site restaurant, we felt it was a good choice. But otherwise might have been disappointed due to the poor condition of the room. However we slept very well, bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Hotel lobby nice and clean, staff was pleasant. The hotel appeared to be in a safe and quiet area close to the 401 (highway), gas station across the street, and amenities nearby. Breakfast included bagels, muffins, sliced bread, jam, cream cheese, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. On site restaurant is called Shoeless Joe's. It is a sports bar and restaurant with very good food. Hotel gave us a 15% discount coupon good for one meal. We ate there every night for the convenience and good food. We did not use the pool or gym, so I cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms available. King bed or two doubles.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Grid27
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your insightful comments. It Was Great to Point out the positive you experienced with our great location and the comfortable bedding,Cleanliness,Breakfast,Swimming pool , Hot Tub and Location Close to Highway I have taken the time to share them with our team.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Toronto East

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed for two nights in the beginning of April. Dirty carpet everywhere, hallways reeked of cigarettes and BO. Staff was nice although they take a copy of your ID, ask to have it returned at the end of your stay. Everything is really outdated. Walls are not sound proof. Will not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to express your concerns to the Travelodge Toronto East. At the, Travelodge room quality, comfort and customer service is of the utmost importance to us. Guest rooms are inspected prior to guest arrival from a housekeeping supervisor after the rooms were cleaned. . Also the hotel is currently in the renovation process that will include new carpet, wallpaper, and guest room bathrooms and Total Upgrade of Rooms. I am extremely sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable during your stay.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Hotel had a busy parking wich caused some dents on the car. No help to unload the car. Hotel staff during evening/night is bad and not polite, really bad treatment. Room was comfortable enough to get a sleep but sleepd in better beds. Rooms are not so good, you can hear everything about your loud neighbours. Breakfast was horrible and extreme slow. Hotel has a beautiful pool which you can relax in. Staff during the day is polite and helpful. CONS: distance from city, night shift staff, parking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

We are Extremely Sorry for the Inconvenience caused During the Stay, We Defiantly Look into the Your Concern about the Service You have Received During Your Stay.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel as it is close to my work. It was a great price...and the room was okay...for the price....
Thats where my positivity ends....
Front desk was rude...and I cannot believe that the "indidental" charge on my credit card was MORE than the cost of the room in the first place!!!
from midnite to 4 am a room full of young ones next door were partying and must have slammed the door at least 25 times!!! after I called the front desk to complain...Iwas cut off immediately and told that security was coming up....WELLLL security never did show up and I managed to get 2 hours sleep before work...ugh!!
I think my future hotel stays will be at the other hotel across the street...a couple bux more....but MUCH more sane!!!
The ONLY good thing about my stay was the free wifi!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your insightful comments. It Was Great to Point out the positive you experienced with our great location and the comfortable I have taken the time to share them with our team. We ensure to control of noise for all of our guests, we do ask our security team to monitor hallways and noise levels after 11pm to ensure all guests in the hotel enjoy their stay.

However, if you ever need any accommodations with the Travelodge Toronto East hotel again, feel free to give us a call and we will ensure your experience is one that will restore your confidence in our hotel

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We checked the reviews of this hotel after we booked (stayed here with a group) and then worried about what our stay would be like. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff that we dealt with were all very friendly and attentive. The lobby is small but seems to have been recently renovated and was clean and welcoming. The hotel and rooms all do seem tired, but our room was clean. The pool is not very big or fancy but it did the job; the fitness room was small with poor equipment so don't plan to use it for a big work-out. While this is not a fancy hotel or one with many amenities, our room was clean, and the friendly and hard working staff won us over. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maxim550

Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear that you experienced an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us. We look forward to extending our hospitality to You and your friends and thank you for the recommendation. I hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Travelodge in July 2013.

Beware when bidding "name your own price" deals in the Toronto area. A two and a half star rated property in this area will be similar to a one and a half star property in the US (quality standards seem to be less).

Dirty and noisy. The bed was just average.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We Apologizes for the experience you Got, All the Rooms are being inspected before to sale for Cleanliness and Maintenance or any other issue.

Once Again we are extremely Sorry the Guest Experience you have received.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Booked the Travelodge because of a dealfind deal for two nights at $109. Was under the impression that the Travelodge was still located at Victoria Park and Sheppard but upon booking realized it was Markham and Sheppard. That's when I knew I was in trouble.

Absolute ghetto hotel. The room was disgusting. And I'm not a fancy, pancy guy at all. I've stayed in hostels before. It's never good when you get to a place and your first thought is to grab a vaccuum. It was disgusting. I don't know how I lasted two nights here. And of course one of the nights the cops showed up because of a domestic dispute on our floor. Big shock. I would bet me life they are there once a week. Like I said, this place is ghetto. Stay here at your risk.

And it pains me to write this review because the staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful. But there is nothing they could do to improve the quality of my room. It it must be said, Selena who works at the front desk, one of the prettiest girls you'll ever see. But other than that, stay away from this place. Trust me.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are Extremely Sorry for the Inconvenience Caused during your Stay, Before Check-in Any Guest We Inspect the Rooms for Cleanliness, We will Definitely Look into the Issue you have addressed.

Our team is consistently striving to exceed our guest expectations by being friendly yet professional. Rest assured that I will share this comment among our Team members

We will make sure all the Issue has been sorted out as Soon as Possible, Once Again Please Accept Our Apology.

Tushar Meshram

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Holiday Inn Express Toronto East
Comfort Inn Pickering
#1 of 1 in Pickering
North York
Radisson Hotel Toronto East

Been to Travelodge Toronto East? Share your experiences!