See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The rooms are dirty. Carpets dirty, walls stained and battered. Sheets thin. I found hair in my sheets (Large clumps). Bedspreads are filthy and have not been cleaned in years. Shower floor is grey with soap scum. I would not stay here again. Front desk moved me but said the problem is not the room, but the cleaning service. So no, they would not let me find a cleaner room in the hotel. It is noisy being close to the freeway. I would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. Anything has to be better. If you must stay here, ask for a room facing the parking lot and not the freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Agirltraveler
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to express your concerns to the Travelodge Toronto East., room quality, comfort and customer service is of the utmost importance to us. Guest rooms are inspected prior to guest arrival from a housekeeping supervisor after the rooms have been cleaned. I am disappointed to hear that you did not receive consistent service throughout your stay I Apologize for the Inconvenience caused to you during the Stay. The hotel has been in the process of renovating and upgrades including wallpaper, bed spreads and Bathrooms.

Please feel free to contact us if you require any accommodations in the future

Regards

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We checked in here due to poor weather and convenient location. The bathroom could use a good cleaning in corners etc. The room as ok, bit rundown. Breakfast was terrible - worst ever experienced. Toaster was not working, tables were not wiped, Apples and bananas bruised. I looked for the least bruised apple and discovered one with dried ketchup on it - clearly no one had looked at the fruit in at least a day. I ate nothing, my husband had half of a banana. Upon checkout, I commented about the breakfast and gave the example of the apple. I got no apology, no response to acknowledge the problem or check into it or thanks for the heads up. That was very poor. Things can always go wrong, but to not respond at all was unacceptable. The only response after the comments (which were made politely) were glazed-over stares and a request for the balance owing. Do not plan to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am really disappointing that you didn’t receive the consistent service. We always care for the Guest Comfort first and we make sure that all the standards are followed as per the Travelodge.

We are investigating on the problem you have noted with our housekeeping and Food & Service department. To ensure that all the Room is in good condition and all the Guest has been given out Good Breakfast Every morning.

We will make sure all the Issue has been sorted out as Soon as Possible, Once Again Please Accept Our Apology.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Was in markham for a family funeral. The location was the selling point and the price was good too. The place could use a makeover. The air conditioner blew cold air and the toilet ran continuously, the hair dryer blew up (no harm done except bad hair). All of these things were fixed quickly and the staff were very approachable and helpful. Breakfast was pretty descent since it was right there so very convenient with busy days

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a room on the north side away from 401 traffic
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to thank you for drawing these matters to my attention. A client feedback is very important to our establishment as it assists us in monitoring our services and make appropriate improvements where necessary. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our associates exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with our entire team and On behalf of the entire team we would like to thank you for your Stay at Travelodge Toronto East.

We have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Booked last minute for business and was really disappointed. This isn't your average Travelodge. This place is far below average. King rooms with fridges booked, queen rooms with no fridges received. They only had smoking rooms left, and boy do they stink. (Hotels still have smoking rooms? What the ...?) I opened the window for a bit but didn't feel comfortable leaving it open while I slept, at which point I realized the window doesn't even lock. The light beside the bed is broken, the carpet is stained, lifting and tattered and is covered in cigarette burns and the walls have a "beautiful" tobacco tint. Breakfast was fairly limited, with no fruit, some pastries and cold eggs. Since the hotel was full and I was unable to change rooms, they gave me an extra discount coupon for the restaurant next door, which I couldn't use as the restaurant would only accept one of the two (not blaming the restaurant, I just feel that the hotel should know that, so it was a rather hollow gesture). The few positives are that staff was friendly, the linens were clean and the room appeared to be as clean as one can get a room like this. This property could use an infusion of cash to get it up to adequate, soap and a vacuum are not going to cut it.

Room Tip: Be very specific about non-smoking rooms, recognize that free breakfast doesn't always mean good breakfast. If you're religious a little prayer may be in order.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank StellaStarlight2013
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are Extremely Sorry for the Inconvenience Caused during your Stay, We will Definitely Look into the Issue you have addressed.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The rooms are not big but are clean. The pool area with a hot tub is very clean and hot. The morning Bk has lots of different foods to eat. Parking is right in front of the hotel and was free. When staying in the hotel you receive 15% off your meal from Shoesless Joes Restraunt. We would stay hear agian when visiting TO. Very easy to get onto the Hwy 401 or use the transit system.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scott B

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you experienced an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us. We look forward to extending our hospitality to your friends and thank you for the recommendation. I hope that we will see you again in the near future.