“"Old, but clean and friendly, and an excellent value"”

Travelodge Toronto East
Ranked #119 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is very old and showing wear and tear, that being said it was clean. Staff was exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Rooms are smallish, but adequate. The pool area is lovely. Free breakfast was a bonus, and was very busy, but staff worked very hard to refill items that were depleted very quickly, and yes the dining room is small, but crowding does depend on the courteousness of other customers at the hotel (if you see it is very busy, don't sip your coffee, taking up a needed table for 1/2 an hour, move on). We have paid 3 times as much for much newer, fancier hotels in the Toronto area and not had as nice of a stay. This is an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for Appreciating the Service Received by our Hotel Staff and we are Happy to see that you have Enjoyed Our Pool. When we are Busy we do have Separate Seating arrangement for the Guest for the Breakfast.

We are So Pleased that you had a nice stay and Always Value for Money.

Thanks You

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've stayed at other Travelodge's and they were great but not this one. Staff was really the only thing good about this 2 night stay. Rooms were small, rundown and very dated. Bathroom needed a complete reno. First hotel I've been to that doesn't have a fridge, that's something I would expect at a small motel not a national chain.

Their free continental breakfast was better than expecting. Eggs, sausages, toast, bagels and philly cream cheese, waffles, cereal, coffee and juices, buffet style.

The other restaurant/sportsbar that's semi-attached, Shoeless Joe's....meh, depends what you order. The wings were awful, deep fried way too long. Their 5 cheese dip was great though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jts360

Dear Guest,

We Really Appreciate Your Feedback For Your Recent stay, We Are In the Process of Renovation of Complete Renovation of the Rooms. I Am Happy to see that You Liked our Hot Continental Breakfast.

The Restaurant has Wide Varity of Choices and Also the Food Quality in Good , but we will Definitely Speak to the Kitchen staff for the Quality of Food.

Thanking You

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been going on holiday to Toronto Canada every year from 2006 I normally stay for between 3 weeks - 6 weeks (July- August) I have always stayed in the Travel Lodge East every time I visit Toronto. I have been a Council Member with Belfast City Council for over 22 years. I have seen inside a numbers of hotels in that time. I have been in much more fancy more up market hotels and of course much more expensive hotels, but I have to say this hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in for value for money, The Staff Friendliness and service is second to none. If you have a problem it is normally sorted out immediately. Shoeless Joe' Restaurant is next door. You can order any type of takeaway food to your hotel room the front desk will supply you with a number. This year the hotel Wi Fi had been upgraded and we never lost the connection once we relaxed in the pool and spa a number of times. Although we normally hire a car it only 20 minute walk to the large Town Centre Mall or the local Go Train - Subway station I have just returned after spending 1 month there and I am looking forward God Willing to next year

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

We are so glad that you felt our customer service went above and beyond your expectations. We recognize how important it is to make sure our guest’s needs are taken care of, and we are so happy to hear that we accomplished this. . It is always our goal to make sure our guest’s needs are fully met, and we are glad that we were able to accommodate all of your needs.
On behalf of the entire team we would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Travelodge Toronto East.

We have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We arrived at 7:30 and quickly tried to get comfortable, put a blanket on the dirty couch in our room and took off stained comforter. The carpets were dirty and stained, wouldn't think of going barefoot! The air conditioner didn't cool the room. When I went to the bathroom there was hair in the tub and behind the door certainly not cleaned. I went down and complained and asked if there were more rooms she gave me 2 keys to look but the rooms were smaller and still not comfortable. I was told there wasn't housekeeping there and she offered me a vacuum to clean my room, I was shocked and we left at 10:30pm to go home. We had a team buy ticket so they have not refunded me any money, I will never go there again and suggest this hotel to no one! Disgusting hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay there find somewhere else to sleep
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather928

Dear Guest,

We Apologizes for the experience you Got, But we make sure All the Rooms are being inspected before to sale for Cleanliness and Maintenance or any other issue.

Once Again we are extremely Sorry the Guest Experience you have received.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel could use a lot of tender love and care. I stayed here for a week with my husband and kids. It was booked due to the fact that it was located east of Toronto and had a pool.

The negatives - The rooms were very small for a family of four. The bathroom was old, and in need of repair - and the room/hallway carpets could are in dire need of change. There was no bath plug for our kids to take a bath in, so our young kids had to take showers all week. The walls of the hotel were filthy, and there was a crack pipe near our hotel window. Had we been druggies, I suppose that could have been a positive. We had to keep asking the front desk for towels at the pool because they were only present on rare occasion. It was very chaotic to eat breakfast in the morning with all the guests in a small room (the staff could not keep up!!!).

The positives- the Shoeless Joe was nearby - so it was an easy and convenient place to stop by for food and drinks. The hotel does supply a 15% coupon to its guests upon arrival. The location was right near the highway, so it was easy to get to the Toronto City Pass destinations. The front desk staff/cleaners were generally friendly when approached with requests - but with misfortune, it seems the hotel operates with the "minimum required to do" - so if you don't ask for something, you will never get. There are good room accommodations - fridge, coffee, microwave - that might make your life easier if you are looking to snack between meals.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a "good value". I didn't get this hotel at a 64$ a night deal like some of the others, although at that price I would have valued it at a good quality-price ratio.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mousty14

Dear Guest,

Thank you for Staying With us, we are Under Process of renovating our Rooms for Modern Facilities. I am extremely sorry for inconvenience caused; During the Rush hour we always make sure another seating Arrangement has Been Made for Guests.

Once Again thank you For Your Suggestions

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire so didn't know which hotel I had booked until the booking process was over. At regular prices I think you could find better but for $64.00 a night through Hotwire it was the winner. The hotel is not modern and the bathroom could have used some small repairs but it was quiet and clean and had the essentials. Could have used a High Definition TV which would have made the stay more enjoyable. 27" regular TVs just don't cut it anymore! The bed was comfortable, the small microwave and refrigerator were nice extras and the rate includes a complimentary breakfast which I can not comment on as I was up and out each day before breakfast started. The attached ShoelessJoe's Restaurant was convenient although the service was slow. As long as you are not expecting all the Bells and Whistles for $64.00 you will be quite happy. As for a room facing the parking lot which I think it quieter than rooms that face on Markam Road. I booked a single queen size bed, not sure if you could have gotten 2 double beds for the same price. I will definitely use Hotwire again as it saved me a fair bit of money.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the East side of the building would be quieter. I didn't have any problems...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Eagle1623

Dear Guest

Thank you Appreciating Our Cleanliness in The Hotel, We have In process of New Flat Screen TV, and some of the Room has Already Update for Modern Facilities. We do Offer Wide Range of Breakfast for All our Guest Complimentary.

If Rooms Are Available we Always Do Free Upgrades

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed for one night with our two kids. The rooms are tiny, barely enough room for your luggage and to move around comfortably. There were stains on our sheets , and the rooms were not very clean. It had rained the night we stayed and the carpet along the outside wall was soaked about 2 feet into the room, there must have been a leak somewhere in the wall or from the window. The sheets kept slipping of the mattress all through the night and there was only one large bath towel in the bathroom. On the positive side , the staff was very helpful and accommodating, the free breakfast the next morning was great and the pool facility was great. I don't think we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank R0ADTRIPPER77

Dear Guest

We Apologies for the Inconvenience, We are under Process of Renovations and Upgrading yours Rooms and Amenities, All the Rooms Are Inspected Before Checked in any Guest For the Cleanliness. We will Definitely Investigate on the Leakage in the Room.

Thanks for Appreciating our Services, Breakfast and Pool.

Thanking You