“Never again!”

Ranked #116 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Sudbury, Canada
“Never again!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Still have a sore back from their very uncomfortable bed! Pool was so dirty the bottom was gross felt like you were at a beach in sand. The breakfast was nothing close to a buffet...The scrambelled eggs are cooked in the microwave, after they are cook the lady stuck her finger in them to see if they were warm. GROSS!...we were also woken up by a fire alarm in the morning. On the second night of our stay we smelt ciggarette smoke alll night,,the next day when we went out to our vehicle we looked up and the people next to our room were smoking out their bedroom window!! We booked this hotel because of the great location,

Room Tip: beds are uncomfortable
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We definitely appreciate the feedback as a gift and will look into the details of this situation. We do maintain the building and guest rooms in good shape and condition, also we do clean public area and guest rooms followed by standards. Our goal is providing excellent accommodation services to ensure your stay with us is a memorable one.

Sincerely
Tushar Meshram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montreal
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for one night with my boyfriend we only need a place to crash on New years. First thing is you walk into the lobby and you think okay its nice so hopefully the rooms are nice.. wrong!! The hotel room we stayed in had cracks it just looked horrible.. I don't think that spending 100$ for a night is worth it at all!!. One thing that bothered me is they charged 200 deposit... For wat!?!? The place looks horrible what the most that can break the tv??? The tv is the old fashion box tv.. I am not a fan of the elevator it makes way to much noise. I honestly felt deceived! their lobby and hallway was nice but the room just horrible.. I will never stay there again. What I found stupid is that they wanted on paper the name of those that will be in room on top of that they made it adametly clear that there are to be no parties in the room.. First of all Rooms are to small to even have a party and Secondly its new years seriously -__-. I wouldn't stay here again and I don't suggest anyone either. Save your money and go else were.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank ovoxo24
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I apologize for your stay not being reflective of the guest experience we strive to provide. I am disappointed to learn of our service shortfalls and appreciate you bringing them to our attention. For Security Reason for the New Year we want all guests to have enjoyable stay at Travelodge Toronto East
I am disappointed to learn that our room product did not live up to your expectations and appreciate your opinion. We are currently working with our Contractors to create a renovation plan that will address the outdated elements of our room product.

I hope to welcome you back to the Travelodge Toronto East in the near future.

Sincerely
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have a great experiences in this hotel since I always come here every once a week, so I could pretty sure say that I really like the place, the people especially the information desk (Julie, Celina, Yogeeta)..very accomodating staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tatsqui
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Guest

Great to hear the positive feedback on your recent stay with us! We are very proud of the entire team here and especially our long term Front desk crew who strive to make every guests experience an enjoyable one.

Thanks again for staying with us and come back soon

Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Rooms are pretty clean. shoeless joes restaurant is rather expensive though. small pool and terrible continental breakfast. But for the lowest price in the city, you can't complain. I have never really had any specific problems with this hotel and have stayed here quite a few times. lately in my opinion the location has gone downhill with the golden griddle gone now.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your continued support of our hotel. Shoeless Joes and the Golden Griddle are both separately owned. We do not have any influence over the pricing of the Shoeless Joes menus and the Golden Griddle has actually been closed for approximately a year now. However, we do provide a coupon to our guests that allow them to have 15% off their meals when they dine in at Shoeless Joes. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Sincerely, Tushar Meshram
Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I found this location a nice place to stay. I booked for 2 nights on the 24th and 25th. I can say I had no complaints at all. Nice quiet place that is close to the 401. Nothing fancy but just enough to do the job. Rooms were clean and basic and as we were on a tight budget they were just what we needed.

It is a bit of a haul on public transit to downtown but if you are only zipping through town on the 410 this locatiion is only less than half a kilometre from the 401 exit.

Breakfast is complimentary and was well stocked. I give it a thumbs up.

Room Tip: I don't know what to put here. How about call them and book it with the front desk staff.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TLTE, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Toronto East, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your favourable review. Our staff strives to meet your expectations and accommodate your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Sincerely, Tushar Meshram.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We decided to use a Kijiji coupon for $65 for a 1 night stay which was attached to our file at the check-in. When we checked-out we were surprised with a $75 bill. So the man took out the file and sure enough a DIFFERENT coupon (one we didn't use) for $75 was stapled to our file!!! When we tried to explain they made a mistake and we shouldn't have to pay that price we were told. "Well this is the coupon stapled to the file, so you have to pay it's amount." This even after we showed the coupon from the internet that we had printed.

We were on a schedule and didn't have time to argue so we reluctantly left.
Needless to say we felt a little (a lot) ripped-off and won't be returning ever again.

If you still feel the need to visit this Travelodge BEWARE of breakfast tour buses!! Minimal food left over and standing room only.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review on Trip Advisor. We previously had a deal with Kijiji for a King or Queen room for the rate of $75 with a $20 dinner voucher for Shoeless Joes, which is given to you separately at check in. We recently changed that to a deal for a King or Queen Room with the rate of $65 with no dinner voucher. We still accept the first voucher if it’s printed out and turned in at check in even though the link is no longer accessible on the Kijiji website. If you would like to stay with us again please contact me directly and I will ensure that there is no confusion regarding your reservation. Sincerely, Tushar Meshram