“Very deceiving”

Super 8 Toronto East ON
Ranked #122 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm giving this 1 star because the fridge worked. Otherwise everything else was bad. The pictures on the website are very deceiving, don't be fooled. The lobby is dark and small, breakfast area very small hardly any room for anyone, breakfast: honey dipped doughnuts, stale muffins, bread for toast - a pound of cold butter with the foil ripped back in an ice bucked that everyone picked at to try to chip butter off, watered down juice - not even fruit. The halls are stinky, carpets are dirty, room doors are covered in smudges, gloomy impression as you walk down the hall to your room. Stairs are very dirty, garbage bags and empty boxes of pizza piled up inside the back exit. Rooms are very small, our bathroom sink was outside the bathroom, bathroom had toilet and tub, so small I had to step into the bathtub to close/ open the bathroom door, soap looked like it had been re-cycled from the '70's, the wrapping on one of them was dirty and looked like it had been plucked out of the garbage, shampoo was some "no-name" brand in a "ketchup-like" rip-open plastic pouch, no separate conditioner, our toilet plugged up. I wore socks on my feet the whole time I was in the room because the carpet was so dirty, I didn't dare walk on it in my bare feet. Mattress seemed old, very uncomfortable. Room was stuffy and stinky.

Room Tip: Very bad experience, stay away!! Found COMFORT INN next door, visited and decided to stay there for...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony M
Romin T, Manager at Super 8 Toronto East ON, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the sub standard conditions you describe.

It was a big suprise to have read your review and I have adressed the issues you describe with the housekeeping department.

As you can see from other reviews left by guests, your experience is not what should be expected.

Please know your feedback is extremely important to us and I hope that you will visit us in the future.

Kind Regards,

Romin

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Had never stayed at this hotel & took a chance. Extremely pleased. Very friendly staff from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. Great parking with good proximity to public transit. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can get a room at the back all the better because Kingston Road is a very busy street
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night and found the room to be cozy and very comfortable. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Positives: we found the staff to be very friendly and responsive; the building is older but was very clean; free wi-fi; fridge/microwave and we felt safe while staying there. Our concerns were specific to our room - the AC in our didn't work very well and the mattress needed to be replaced - so I imagine that your experience at this motel may be somewhat on what room you are assigned. I feel that given the high cost of rooms in TO that we got what we paid for - but in the future we may chose to pay more to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is my forth time staying at Super 8. Donna and the staff are very nice people, They make you feel welcome. The rooms are kept very clean, well stocked in towels, and coffee. The fridge and microwave are a plus to the room and kept clean. The room nothing but a clean smell. The price for a room is affordable. Stayed for 4 nights, and told them I will be back, now I am a regular customer. I would highly recommend the Super 8 to anyone. Thanks again Donna and staff for a wounderful stay, See you all next month.

Room Tip: " All the room and hallways are quiet"
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irma C
Reviewed March 27, 2012

from the moment we checked in we felt at home. Donna helped us from our pre-booking making adjustments and corrections to accommodate us. The hotel was clean and quiet. breakfast was always ready for us in the morning and always an abundance of coffee. Vending machines were fully stocked always.
The pool was very refreshing and even had some beach balls to play with the kids.
Highly recommend Super 8 Toronto East. Next trip we will be staying there again!!

Thank you Donna for a great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2012

It was my first stay and just an overnighter. I feel that it was very good for the rate. Staff was very kind. The hotel and room was clean, not polished. I very much liked that the rooms had fridge and microwave. Close to all amenities that I needed. I would go back unless I was going for a longer holiday where I would spend more on a hotel with suites.

Room Tip: The one issue I had was my room was on the street side and the traffic, no the hotel, was quite nois...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business