“Emergency Stay”

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 27, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I don't know why I blindly agreed to stay here just because it's where my meetings were taking place. Don't make the same mistake I did. The one saving grace is that the front desk staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Other than that, this place was horrendous. Gross, out of date old popcorn ceiling. You'd get seasick in the bathtub standing to take a shower because water was clearly under the tub and it felt like you were stepping in a swamp when in the shower. The shower curtain wouldn't stay closed on either side, it kept collapsing into the center, so water was ALL OVER the floor in the bathroom. The elevators were a hot mess. Nasty yellowing under the buttons and just general filth everywhere. I would never stay here again, not even if it were free.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Sofoula13
Reviewed December 4, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Philip N
Reviewed December 4, 2013

While the cost was considerably less than the average GTA hotel, the condition of the room and hotel was quite shabby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed December 3, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had a horrible time at that hotel, first off, the guest service agent told me to take bus 24A from Donmills station. I found out that bus doenst run on weekend, and I called to ask them how to get there, and the agent wasnt so helpful, She cant even find where I am on google map when I said im right at the leith hill and donmills intersection!!

when I was checking in I had this chinese guy checking me in, and he had no expressions on his face, he asked me if i am over 21 as soon as he see me, i said i am, and gave my drivers licence, and he asked me how many ppl will be in the room so I said 4, and he said it will b $20 extra per person, I told him 2 of my friends are leaving at like 12 or so, and he said if they come after 10 they will b considered as staying in the hotel,so I said i will talk to my friends and let him know. ( I told him my friends work dont finish until 10, he didnt care)

unfortunately my friends couldnt even visit me and my other friends there, I lost my purpose of booking my hotel there since I booked that hotel just to see my friend at that location.

and that day I did express check out, so I didnt get my receipt, and so I just call the hotel to see how much i got charged, and the Night Audit guy is super lazy that he told me to call back in the morning.

I work as a NIGHT AUDITOR AND FRONT DESK AGENT at another hotel!!

FIRST OFF I know night auditors can find the rate of how much gst paid
SECOND I can find the directions on google map although I have no knowledge about the place since I am not driving
THIRD Guest service agent should not act like that guy who checked me in, he should be friendly, I think he is the manager, but if he is the manager he should act like that at all!!

OTHER WISE, their hotel is in really good condition I felt like im in 4 star hotel. CHANGE YOUR STAFF MEMEBER!!!

Room Tip: dont book this hotel if you dont wanna get ripped off and get horrible service
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Eunhae J
Travelers also viewed these Toronto hotels
Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Mary-am Hotel North York
Mary-am Hotel North York
#91 of 135 in Toronto
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites

Been to Edward Hotel North York? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Edward Hotel North York

Address: 185 Yorkland Blvd, Toronto, Ontario M2J 4R2, Canada (Formerly Edward Village)
Location: Canada > Ontario > Toronto > North York
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #112 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Price Range: $95 - $177 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Edward Hotel North York 3.5*
Edward Hotel is located conveniently off Hwy 401 and 404 in North York. Complimentary parking and WiFi are available throughout. There are 290 beautifully renovated rooms situated across 10 floors. The hotel features an on-site restaurant and lounge, a self serve business center, on site ATM machines and 24 hour reception. Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV, an alarm clock, a coffee maker and a large work desk with ergonomic chair. The hotels offers a sophisticated and comfortable stay for both business and pleasure seekers. Attractions Nearby: Don mills Subway- 1.1 km Fairview Mall- 1.3 km Seneca College- 3.6 km Ontario Science Center ; Aga Khan Museum- 8.6 km Toronto Pearson Airport- 28 km Downtown Toronto- 20.8 km ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Edward Hotel North York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Hotel And Conference Centre - Toronto Don Valley