“Horrible Room n environment.”

Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel
Ranked #126 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Room was dim n stale. Air con is noisy. Hotel staff n guest were arguing at 2am, next door. . It lasted for 15-20 mins. It was very unprofessional and inconsiderate to argue in the early hours.
The only comfort is in the breakfast area, There is an lady whom had made the hotel guests happy and satisfied every morning. Although the breakfast had nothing to shout about, her service, attitude ,attentive, initiative and authentic has saved the hotel reputation.

Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Oh dear where do I start from???? I was asleep in the car when we arrived but the voice of my daughter asking if we were there or at a gas station awoke me! OMG I can't blame her because the front enterance sure looked like a gas station. I braced myself for what awaits us inside...I remained calm and indulged in
some positive self talk as we approached the lobby. The hotel staff were not helpful at all...two adults and two kids meant a lot of baggage but not one staff offered to help or even assist in getting us something to load our items on. We proceeded to the elevator and all I could smell was marijuana in the lobby and yes it looked like a run down casino with male youths roaming up and down. The room looked tacky, old, and smelled bad; even my young children were observant of these disgusting facts. We had packed our bathing suits but trust me I just could not imagine what the pool would look like and the filth or smell that must fill the surrounding. The bedroom curtains had huge holes in them....the taps in the bathroom didn't work and omg the toilet seat had been painted several times in attempts to cover some unimaginable stains! The bed sheets were off white and the carpets were very dirty!!! The lobby was freezing and wow it was so difficult to work the heater in the room. So we managed to get ready for bed around 11pm because we were so so tired from a long drive to town. We could not sleep because of loud noises from either the bar or the lobby.....we struggled through the night. We had some vouchers for breakfast but please don't get me started on the food!!!! I will also add that the internet connection drops every 2mins and when I requested to know where to get some drinking water from the staff at the desk suggested to me that we drink the tap water from the bathroom....he innocently said "the tap water is drinking water also". In sum, I don't recommend this motel or whatever you wish to call it to my worst enemy. We had booked and paid for two nights but we checked out after the first. Left the the fear that we could be going home with some bedbugs too....I will NEVER return there!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Believeme411
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Room Ok. Booked hotel thinking it was close too the airport not so. When came back from my holiday called twice to be picked up took over an hour and a half. Would not recommend. Called the number and spoke to Heide and was hung up on.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sandra R
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Initially booked the hotel for 4 nights. I had a bad feeling since I steeped into the hotel lobby. Sure enough room had terrible Smell, carpets was wet, squeaking floors, filthy carpet. Could not stay and checked out same night that I arrived. Do not recommend this place with Families and Kids.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CoolKing2013
Reviewed November 28, 2013

First off, the only negative: the Toronto Plaza hotel's location is pretty bleak, and the lighting outside( particularly at the front entrance) does nothing to help. So for anything more than Park & Fly, or a place to crash for a night, it'd be tough to recommend.
That being said, we experienced very good service from the staff there. The room was clean and surprisingly large, everything in good repair. We parked the vehicle in the well-lit rear parking area for 15 days, no issues, indeed the airport shuttle service was very punctual. There we may have gotten lucky, with no traffic jams on the major routes connecting hotel to airport. Paid less than $100 for all this!
We'd definitely recommend this hotel for the Stay/Park/fly option. Otherwise, location negates a very good effort by the staff there.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed to this hotel last week, I book it online. it is a budget hotel room was clean and big. In the morning breakfast was nice, if you want to upgrade it is very cheap. I like the hotel and the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Group of 5 of us just needed a room for stay, park and fly. First off woman at front desk extremely rude. Then we asked for the cot. And no lie there was half of a Sprinkle donut in the cot discovered upon opening it. This is just the start of the hell. Around midnight. I see a bed bug crawl on my wife's shoulder. Trust me it was a bed bug. We trapped it and examined it. So we were left around 1 am scambling to get another hotel to get a little sleep before our early flight. Trust me there is so much more I could say. But please just read the bad reviews and STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: November 2013