“excellent”

Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel
Ranked #127 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Folks , after looking after a few different options I decided to go this hotel - I stayed her for a few days - found very friendly staff, very big spacious rooms , new restaurant and everything else very clean and nice- highly recommend this place , cant get a better deal than till in Toronto.

Also, they offer shuttle service to the airport - its free and will call for it when u need it. Amazing

Room Tip: higher floor or main building
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Ashfa C, Manager at Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Zulfi,
We are so pleased that your stay went well. Thank you for you review, it definitely allows many travelers the opportunity to see the convenience of Toronto Plaza Hotel. Please come back soon and visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here August 16-18. I made reservations online for one room and decided to add an additional room once I was in the hotel. Apparently this request was too complicated because I was using the SAME credit card to pay for BOTH rooms. They inform me that since I was paying for an additional room I was to pay regular price which was only 1 dollar more. No problem. They also reminded me that about the additional 100 dollars per room for a deposit. The additional 100 dollars was to be removed upon check out. No Problem. Three weeks later my bill for the rooms shows I was charged 300 dollars in deposit fees which obviously were not removed upon check out.
Now for condition of hotel...there were workmen on the floor, fallen dry wall and the entire floor had fans and heaters running down the length of hallways and they remained there the entire length of my visit. The rooms were well used, dingy, peeling wall paper and broken base boards.
My second night there, I returned to hotel after an entire day out in city, to find NO TOWELS in the bathroom. I called down to ask for towels and was told to come down and get them. POOR customer service to say the least. Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Calypsowomayn

Dear Calypsowomayn,
We apologize for what happened and would like you to contact us so we can make it up to you. Please contact the HR department and we will ensure your stay is much better. Take care and best wishes.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

First of all, the images are very old on all of the sites I have seen. This place is in terrible disrepair. It is very dirty and disgusting. 3 people left while we were there and we left after 1 night, would have left sooner if it was not so late. A/C was not working, place looked as if it had flooded. Mold, bugs, hookers, parties. I would rather stay in a college dorm. There is nothing good about this place. Anywhere else would be better, staff wouldn't issue refund.

No WIFI.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Guest935
Reviewed September 4, 2013

upon our check in viewing the lobby with garbage overflowing and stains on walls and floors. The room was discusting . So lucky to find another hotel at short notice. They were not going to refund our credit cards without allot of hassel. Holiday Inn express rocks! Clean and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank julesokotoks
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed there for 1 night on August 21 2013.
This was booked mainly because they offered smoking rooms, and we were only going to be there for a few hours, as we had to be at the TO airport at 5 am. After calling for the shuttle..it arrived approximately 1 hour later and we arrived at the hotel around 11:30 pm, check in was ok, after booking this place for a smoking room, we were given an non smoking room, even though it was guaranteed with a credit card non refundable
When we went to find our 1st floor room we had to maneuver through the hall way which was full of air movers (huge fans).. The humidity in the hall was extreme, which explains the fans.
The room was dark and dingy and smelly..the carpet was filthy,
Ok, I agree we didn't pay much..$120 for 4 ladies in 1 room, all we wanted and expected was a clean basic room, which is not what we got.
We booked/paid through Expedia and the person who booked this room will take it up with them.
For general info, the shuttle to the airport only runs on the hour.
If you decide to book this hotel, do so expecting a rundown room.
I would highly suggest booking elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

It was one of the cheaper options among airport hotels, but for what you get it is still too expensive... It's ok for one night, but don't expect much. The rooms are all right but old and a bit dark, you could hear everything through the walls, staff was demonstrating outside of the hotel against poor working conditions. The restaurant though was VERY friendly and quite affordable. A little more flexibility on the breakfast would have been nice - I left at 7 am for the airport, exactly when the breakfast starts. I asked whether I could at least grab a bread 2 minutes before 7 to take it onto the shuttle - according to the staff this was not possible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Found a broken pair of women's shoes under the bed. Crumbs were present on floors and stains were on sheets. When the sheets were lifted there was a metal bar jutting out if the bottom. The fan didn't work after using the bathroom. At the corners of the room, dust and dirt were found near windows. While cheap, a terrible place to stay overall

• Stayed: August 2013