“Nice location - great value”

Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown
Ranked #70 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights with our son and his fiance -- both our rooms were complimentary upgrades to Jr suites. The rooms have been recently renovated and were clean, quiet and spacious. The hotel is centrally located between Bloor + Front street very near Dundas Square so close to subway or within walking distance of many attractions.
As we stayed two days, our second night was discounted so the value was excellent especially for Toronto. Staff were friendly + helpful. There is a breakfast restaurant in the hotel but it lacks any atmosphere so we did not try it.
Well worth the stay + excellent value for Toronto

Room Tip: Request a complimentary upgrade to Jr Suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
308SDT, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Hello 1kramer2,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed it so much and got to try one of our Junior Suites. I hope we can welcome you back as our guests the next time you’re in Toronto.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I had a horrible experience at the Ramada hotel celebrating my birthday. When my guests and I were leaving the hotel to go out for the night another group of girls were leaving at the same time. So there was a lot of noise in the lobby as we all were leaving. The staff came up to both groups and asked us to leave because we were to loud. We all acknowledged them and let them know we were leaving at that very moment. As I stepped out the door I noticed my friends weren't behind me so I turned back around only to find out that they were kicking us out and going to fine us. I tried to explain to the staff that everyone in the lobby was not my guest but they refused to listen to reason and said if we don't leave in 15 min they were calling the police. So they proceeded to give me a fine, charge me for the room and kick us out! Might I add all of this happened in about 5 minutes. So I payed for a room that I didn't even stay in and was fined for a noise violation when there were no noise complaints from guest. Also the other group of people contributing to the noise as we were all leaving were allowed to stay and we're not mistreated. During this whole process while I was wiping tears from my eyes on my birthday they were laughing the entire time! I have never seen behaviour like this before from someone in customer service and hope no one ever has to go through it. So I would advise Best Western or Marriott!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kayla Y
308SDT, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Hello Kayla Y,

As week talked about on the phone this week about your room we are a hotel with a zero noise policy. Having 14 people in one room for a birthday party then proceeding to the desk to rant and rave about your eviction for the noise levels for 30 minutes I could see why the night staff had gotten to the point of calling the police. As you and others can read below we usually get great reviews about the staff here and hope in the future when you are at another hotel you do consider the other people on your floor before having a party.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very friendly staff, and they gave our folks a complimentary upgrade to corner rooms. Good location downtown - I wish there was something as nice out near Pearson airport :) Some rooms have light switches that are located well inside, away from the entrance - be careful not to trip over the coffee table!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hello Robert W,

Thank you for letting us and other know about our hotel. I so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can serve you again on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, clean rooms, not huge rooms but king size bed with pullout couch, new bathroom. Great price (99.00) for being downtown Toronto. $25.00 for parking (which I hate having to pay for) didn't have time to eat in the restaurant.
Would definitely stay there again,

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
308SDT, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Hello Jakebigguy,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are so please you enjoyed it and can’t wait to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
308SDT, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Reviewed December 4, 2013