“My permanent residency 1st short-landing to Toronto (CANADA)”

Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown
Ranked #67 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Abu Dhabi
“My permanent residency 1st short-landing to Toronto (CANADA)”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Ramada is a suitable located hotel making easy access to many venues. Hospitality of all staff and services @ the Ramada Plaza Hotel was truly appreciated. Keep up the service excellence!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

308SDT, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so please you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back as our guest in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ohsweken
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is good if you just want a place to sleep and shower. The shower head blew off while my brother was showering what an experience that was. I had asked if there was a fridge and microwave in the room, they said no, I asked to have both brought up to my room, it never happened. Because I was on training I had to stay here ( I tried to switch hotels but i couldn't). Only 3 ft of water in the pool, sad when you want to go swimming. Elevators were very very small and you had to walk up a flight of nine stairs bringing your luggage up from the parking garage. Ice Machine was way in the basement. The room above me had 10 year old children in it with a absent chaperon. I called the front desk a number of times, one would have thought to put the room full of kids some where else since i was there first but they didn't. Not a good stay at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

I’m sorry to hear that your stay was not 100% perfect. We do strive to have every guest enjoy their stay. Our pool is geared towards families and the deep end is only 4ft deep. I could see how someone who would be looking to do laps would be disappointed in this. We are a historical property so when it comes to certain things it is difficult to handle. The ice machine is only in the basement due to this. We just did not have the room on each floor to install one. I am sorry to hear that there was some noise coming from the room above you and do hope the staff did their best to solve this issue for you. If you wish to speak further about your stay please do not hesitate to contact us at 416-977-4823 to do so.
Calgary
Reviewed May 31, 2013

comfortable room, good size, could use more plugs or longer cord for coffee maker. Clean, love the king size beds.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

308SDT, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for letting us and others know about your stay. We can’t wait to have you back as our guest the next time you visit the city.
Hamilton
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Some new furnishings (bed) and flat screen TV's but other furniture old and run down. Service was excellent. Worst part, by the time I got home that evening, I had a series of bug bites on my back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Suzanne B
308SDT, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hello Suzanne,

Thank you very much for sending us your comments. I am glad that you received excellent services while staying at the hotel.
We are taking your feedback very seriously, as this is the first that we have heard about this issue. Our staff are well trained by our pest control company and vigilant in cleaning the rooms. We have visually inspected your room and have not found any evidence. Nonetheless we have put the room out of order and have called pest control to inspect the room before further use.
If you would like to speak about this further, please contact the hotel directly at 416-977-4823 x 7231.
Scott Thompson