“Good hotel in good location”

Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown
Ranked #67 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Berlin, Germany
“Good hotel in good location”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Friendly staff, good location. Recently renovated, nice rooms with lots of space. Pool and sauna need a facelift, did not work when we stayed there but got a free breakfast instead, very customer-friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Goldmariesternchen
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. We do have plans to redo the sauna area this year and hope you do get the chance to come back and stay with us to see the completed product.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
SUDBURY
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Got a good deal from family discount . Nice big , beautiful and clean suite. Stayed here fit a show at the opera house in October with another coworker and friend . No disturbances , front desk always helpful and nice room setting with a middle living room. Will be happy to come again maybe in December . Thank you for our stay .I liked that the corner store was right beside the hotel and the show and shopping was easy to get to by walking a descentky small distance .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

1 Thank Mina L
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Our location does work out great for the downtown area and I am happy to hear that your stay went so well. Hopefully we will see you in December.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stay at this hotel every time when on business trip in Toronto. Never had any problems. And they offer very competitive prices. It is centrally located and is an easy walk to my meetings. Staff are always courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and well kept.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank StephenCityofOttawa
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am happy to hear that your stay this time and every time has gone so well and that the location is perfect for you. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in Toronto.
PHOENIX
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The bed was comfortable; the shower was okay, but the amount of water on the floor outside the shower was unacceptable (the threshold for the shower doors needs to be higher to avoid the water getting on the floor - poor design, I felt); the vessel sink looked nice, but is not very practical for someone who likes to have water in the actual sink - there was no plug to allow some water to be retained for washing purposes. The coffee maker wasn't very practical for use where it is located - I had to move the coffee table in order to be able to plug in and use the unit - and it was frustrating to have to do that each and every time I wanted to use it. I suggest either a longer cord or an extension cord so that you don't have to move furniture around. The a/c unit only cooled off the bedroom - did nothing to control the temp in the 'sitting room' area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

1 Thank Ruth G
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hello Ruth, Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay. We will be looking into the threshold for the showers immediately as there should be no water getting by them at all. We do typical have the coffee markers plug into extension cords but this room may have be missed for one reason or another. As I do not know what room you were in it would be very nice to hear from you so that I could get this corrected for you and future clients of ours.
OSHAWA
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The heavy elevator door hit my 45 kg mother in the head, the night prior to her brain surgery. The next morning when I put my hand out to protect her the door bruised my hand. There was no coffee carafe in the coffee maker. There was not water between 11 pm and 5 am and no complementary water bottles provided. I happened to see the notice posted, but staff did not inform us of that while booking or at check-in. The desk chair in the room was thin worn-out foam, and had disgusting yellow and white stains on its seat and back. Peeling wallpaper in the corner. We had to leave for the hospital for 6 am so I haven't been able to contact the manager for a refund. There were other problems - no bedside phone, unsecured internet connection.
I told the morning clerk about the elevator not being calibrated properly, which I plan to report to Ontario inspections. I seek redress and a full refund, and apology.
There were inadequate ramps for anyone with mobility problems, too many stairs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank KATHY M
Hello Kathy, I am so sorry to hear about the elevator door hitting your mother and bruising your hand. I do realize the water being off was inconvenient for not just you but all our guests. I don’t know if you noticed but unfortunately the notice was from the City of Toronto as the water was turned off to the entire block for a watermain repair and the hotel was not notified until that morning. If we would have known even a couple more days in advance we would always contact as many people as possible to let them know. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly at the hotel at 416-977-4823 and my extension would be 7265. I hope to hear from you to talk about the issues you had while stay with us