“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #67 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Mexico City, Mexico
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is excellent, the location is perfect, its very close to dundas square and eaton centre, you can take the subway and meet every place of toronto, it was clean and comfortable, we had the best night there, we really enjoyed the stay, the staff was very friendly and helpful, we would definitely go back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rigoberto A
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hello Rigoberto and thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that your stay and the location of the hotel were perfect for you. Hopefully we will see you the next time you can make it to Toronto.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed many times at the Ramada Plaza while attending varying conferences at the hotel. I always ask for a quiet room and get a suite almost every time I am there. The beds are very comfortable and since the renovations the bathrooms are also very nice. Great location. Staff are friendly. I always make my bed until the last day of my stay and also hang my towels so to help the environment and just as importantly to make it easier on the housekeeping staff (I do this at any hotel I stay at). The only thing I could possibly say negative is the carpeting is a bit old and worn. The hotel is an older building that has been renovated nicely. Food is also quite good. All in all, I really like this hotel and it's a nice three star hotel.

Room Tip: Request a junior or king suite
1 Thank Mark H
Thank you so much for your review Mark. I am very happy to hear from all our clients but especially like it when our regular guest takes the time to let us know how we are doing. Our suites do have tons of room and we get compliments about our beds on a daily basis. When it comes to your comment about the carpets I assure you we will be addressing this in December of this year with every room getting new carpets. I hope you will be able to see these improvements we have planned and maybe let others know about these improvements as well.
BARRIE
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My service at the Ramada was fantastic!!! The gentlemen working the front desk were so polite and very helpful. My friends and I were quite impressed with the room, it was the perfect size for our group of 4. The bathroom was nicely updated and clean. Although we didn't get time to use the pool it is a great feature and it helped sell me on the hotel. The location was great for everything we had planned for our weekend, we were within walking distance of everything. I only have 1 complaint, that the hotel is not sound proof at all and we had a hard time sleeping with the noise coming from upstairs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello Ashley and thank you for letting people know about your stay. I am extremely happy to hear that the service was fantastic and that you enjoyed your time here in Toronto. We will be looking into the sound issues you had with the noisy neighbours above you and hope that next time you are in Toronto that we have the privilege to serve you again.
Sandfield
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel looked great on the website. I booked and was given options for rooms. I chose a suite so that I could have a fridge and microwave because my stay was at least 4 nights. The email I received had me in a double room. I called the hotel and was directed to reservations then back to the hotel. They no longer had a suite available and made no apologies for the mistake. I asked if I could have a microwave and fridge for the room. They said yes if one was available. They would check when I arrived. As this was the night before my arrival I asked them to check to see if one was in fact available. They said there was so I requested that they be in my room for when I arrived..I was arriving late and would have fridge items. The desk staff were efficient and I went to my room. There was no fridge or microwave. The carpets were badly stained and when I went to sit at the desk the chair was full of crud!! Grosss! The bathroom was beautiful and the beds were comfortable but the room felt dirty. I went to the desk and asked for the fridge and microwave and to have the desk chair replaced. All this was done, I asked at the desk where the pool was and was given vague instructions. I never did find it after wandering around looking for it. I decided I would not be staying more than one night. The clerk at the desk asked if I was sure, but did not ask why I was cancelling my three nights. I guess business is not important to him. I then had to spend an hour and a half looking for another place to book!! I was very frustrated!

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Hello and thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am sorry the hear about the error in the reservation you made with us but am happy to hear that the desk staff were able to correct the issue with you. We have re-done all our bathrooms and I do agree with you they look great. We do keep up with a shampooing schedule for all carpets and I am very happy to say we have plans to redo all of them this December. I wish the front desk would have asked you why you did in fact want to check out early so maybe we could have address some of these issue while you were here. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly with any other concerns you may have had and I hope we do get a chance to prove that we do care 100% about all our clients.
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had been traveling on the road for several weeks. Arrived in Toronto, went to take a shower (to get ready for a business meeting) there was no warm water. Called to let the front desk there was no water. Was told to go to the pool to take a shower. That was not going to be an option. They next offered to use another vacant room to shower but told could not move rooms.

Was told the issue would be fixed by the next evening. The next evening came, they never called. The next morning and the water was still running cold, called the front desk, was told to use another room to shower. Let them know we needed to switch rooms and needed help moving his bags since. He was told they could not help him in moving bags. With all of the trouble you figure helping move bags was the least they could do. Had to get to a meeting so didn't have time to move rooms, the person from the hotel on the phone said to flush the toilet to take care of the immediate hot water needs.

The service is absolutely unacceptable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
I am so sorry to hear about your stay with us. I unfortunately have found out that there was an issue with the hot water in your room due to the cartridge in the shower being faulty and would love to talk further about this with you. Please call me directly at 416-977-4823 Ext. 7265 so that I can get some more info on your stay.
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were on a two week road trip in Quebec and Ontario. After sleeping on mostly double beds, it was nice to have a king bed. However, the king bed was so large that you could not close the small double glass doors of the suite. Probably would have been better served with just a queen sized bed. Kids complained that the sofa bed was very concave (not uncommon complaint). The bathroom was nicely updated but wife did not like frosted glass door. Unfortunately, on our first night, there was a water leak from the above bathroom. We were moved the next day and received a 50% discount for the night. No complaint. The bedroom had a flatscreen TV, but the living room only had an out-dated CRT TV. The desk and chair in the suite was large and very nice to do work on. The location is very good. The Loblaw`s super market is only a few blocks away as is Yonge Street. Try Kenzo Japanese Noodles for a cheap meal if you need to do laundry at the Laundry Lounge on Maitland Steet. AAA discount available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and the location of the hotel worked so well for you. I am sorry to hear about the unfortunately situation of the leak from the above room but am very happy to find out that our staff handle it to your satisfaction. I would like to let you know that by the end of this month we will only have LED flat screen T.V.’s through the entire property also. I hope we get to see you next time you’re in Toronto.
Ottawa
Reviewed September 8, 2012

While the front desk staff (depending on who you get) is largely indifferent, bordering on rude and "robotic" (void of emotion and friendliness), the Ramada on Jarvis is good for business travellers due to its location. Parking at many downtown Toronto hotels can be a nightmare - but the Ramada has a large underground parking lot with quick access off Jarvis so it's easy and quick to get into and out of (but warning - the parking is not cheap). Many cabs travel down Jarvis and the hotel is a short 15 minute walk to Yonge Street. Pricing is generally reasonable year-round. Now for the down side. The Jarvis-College/Gerrard area is not exactly a nice part of Toronto. Bums, hustlers and hookers frequent the area at night and you may not feel safe in this area walking alone. (Get to the nearby Harveys before 6pm and stay in your hotel at night). On one occassion, a homeless woman stood in front of my car on the street yellng at me and then tried to break into my car as I was trying to pull into the hotel. I have stayed here for years and the quality of the rooms has been going down, now in need of refurbishing. Most of the bathrooms, except for the 2-bedroom suites, are extremely small.

Room Tip: If you're on a short business trip to Toronto, this hotel does the job and the ease of parking i...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the property. I wanted to let you and other reading all of our reviews that we do work very closely with the other hotels in the area and the 51 division of the Toronto Police Department in trying to make our area a safe as possible for everyone in the neighborhood. Unfortunately with a city that ranks in the top five in population in North America (others being Mexico City, New York, Chicago & L.A.) there does tend to be homeless people throughout the downtown cores. We do pride ourselves on having a safe and secure underground parking lot as well as onsite 24 hour security to deal with anything that may arise.

Thank you so much for staying with us for so long. I also wanted to let you know about what we have planned for the immediate future. The hotel will only have LED flat screen televisions throughout the entire property by the end of this month. Also we have made plans to replace all carpets in the entire building including the banquet rooms starting at the end of this year.
I hope we do get the chance to have your return to the property and see the improvements we are making.