“A great hotel experience”

Days Inn Toronto East Beaches
Ranked #77 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Stellarton, Nova Scotia
“A great hotel experience”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I was visiting Toronto for the first time in five years & was accompanied by my youngest son. I chose this hotel because of its fairly close proximity to the downtown and also because of its closeness to friends I wanted to visit. Had I not been visiting other areas of Ontario, I could have easily spent my entire week at this hotel. Gregory, Front Desk Manager, set us at ease immediately upon our arrival on Nov. 15th & was also working when we left on Nov 16th. He was extremely polite & helpful with directions and information on local public transit. Our room was top notch in every way. I will probably be back to Toronto in 2012 & hope to make this my home away from home at that time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
DaysInn04737, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Toronto East Beaches, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear Copper71,

Thank you for taking time to share your pleasant experience at the Days Inn Toronto East Beaches. Our staff appreciates your kind comments concerning the service and accommodations provided to you.

Your remarks are being shared with the Management team at the hotel and with the operations personnel. Comments such as yours benefit our system in many ways. We work very hard to maintain the highest standards of excellence in all areas of our hotel operations.
We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality again in the near future.

With best regards,

Gregory Wickramasinghe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 22, 2010

This hotel is within walking distance of a ton of shops and restaurants. It's also close to the waterfront boardwalk and bike/cycle trail. There were a lot of people out and about so I always felt safe. Streetcars can take to downtown where you can connect to the subway system. It was only about 20 min. to downtown. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable and the staff was extremely nice, and helpful. The breakfast is decent, and included. The coffee pot in the room didn't look very clean, but they did have coffee already made in the lobby, so no worries. Parking is free. We went for the Toronto International Film Festival and found that so many of the downtown hotels cost twice the rate, and the airport area seemed too complicated to commute from, and also too far away.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
DaysInn04737, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Toronto East Beaches, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
Dear Ultrawife,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at our Days Inn. We take pride in the work we do and always appreciate it immensely when a guest notices.

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests, and I have shared your comments with the staff.

We look forward to your next stay at our Days Inn.

Toronto
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I think this hotel would have gotten a much better rating if the price would be lower. For something that I pay $119 a night or more I actually do expect more than an average motel quality.
The hotel seems to be very short staffed, usually there is one guy at the front desk who answers your questions, takes care of all the check ins and check outs, refreshes the breakfast (which is nice to be included in the price but nothing to rave about) etc. The two different people I dealt with during my stay were very helpful and extremely friendly. But unfortunately this couldn't mask the fact the hotel needs a major renovation. As people mentioned before, it kind of smells stuffy, the hallway is very narrow. Everything is old and dated. Upon closer inspection it is clean, but the first impression is it is not because of the wear and tear. Our bedsheets and the cover sheet had several old stains on. Even though I could tell they were freshly laundered (the sheets for sure, the cover I am not so sure), a serious hotel would have just discarded those and brought in new ones.
Our room was not facing the car wash so I don't know how that affects the rooms or not. But I can tell for sure the off track horse betting place across the street which was mentioned here before is in no way threatening or making people feel uncomfortable. If a few old men standing on the street smoking a cigarette across the street disturb you, then it might. A little bit west of the hotel it might get a bit edgy for some people, but the hotel is at the west end of one of the most desirable neighborhoods Torontos, so just keep walking east or south (that is where the beach is) and you will be very happy with the location.
If they would change their pricing to something below $100, I would definitely come back. As it is, I think it is overpriced for what it offers. The only reason they can take so much money is the fact if you need a hotel and want to be in the area, this one is your only option, unless you are into the cozier, but even more expensive local B&Bs. The next hotels are either Downtown or the next DaysInn 8km up on Kingston Road.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
DaysInn04737, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Toronto East Beaches, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
Dear TorontoDaddy,

Thank you for taking time to write to TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and proper addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
Our room rates are market driven and subject to change, this may also reflects the Seasons and special events. Winter rates are generally lower but can go up depending on demand.
We are proud be one of Days Inn franchisees since 1992 and operated according to Days Inn Worldwide standards. We continue to improve our facilities and services every year. Our renovations and upgrades are ongoing. Most recently, we change mattress in 50% of our hotel rooms, most rooms now have granite bath room counters, new furniture , new carpets in both hallways and these are just a name a few.
Our location is one of the best in Toronto. Walking distance to the beaches & boardwalk, 24hrs public transport at door step, and as you have illustrated, most desirable neighborhood is within walking distance. We enjoy high occupancy throughout the year. Our market segment is mix. Most customers are repeaters.
We thank you for your patronage. The Management & Staff of Days Inn Toronto East Beaches look forward to welcome you again.

Mission, BC
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel! After reading some of the other reviews I'd considered cancelling. Yet our room was clean, beds were good, linens clean and bathroom basic but just fine also. Standard conveniences in the room: TV, iron,small fridge,clock, a/c, etc. The location was handy to our family, parking was easy, and staff were pleasant. Breakfast looked good but we only took a piece of fruit and went out to a local cafe for coffee [Voulez-vous cafe, a few blocks to the west]. The only drawback to the hotel is the lack of an elevator between floors for getting luggage up and down. I didn't see other rooms but the hallways had good carpet and were clean & pleasant. This hotel is a good option if you need to be in the area, not luxury but definitely comfortable.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
DaysInn04737, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Toronto East Beaches, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Dear TravelgalMission_BC,

We look forward to your next stay at our Days Inn.

OTTAWA
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Front desk staff were Great! Nice little hotel,See photos

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
DaysInn04737, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Toronto East Beaches, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere thanks for the recent comments and compliments regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests, specially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our guests the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome.
We sincerely hope you will give us the pleasure of your patronage again in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I am staying here right now and I would never recommend this hotel. I'm awake at 5:30 AM because the neon lights from the car wash next door, which is level with my room, are keeping me awake. The curtains don't close properly and are letting the neon light in from the car wash.
There was no one to check us in when we arrived. It took some time before someone came back to the front desk. Also, thankfully, I was wasn't alone when I checked in because the hotel is located across from an off-track betting business and seems less than safe. Some guy was cursing in the lobby when we arrived.
When I called the front desk to ask about how to use the Internet they told me to come to the lobby. The receptionist was impatient and unpleasant.
To top it all off, the room has a stale, cigarette smell probably caused by poor ventilation.
It's just depressing!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
DaysInn04737, General Manager at Days Inn Toronto East Beaches, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Dear Louisaisable,

First of all, thank you for the review. Having seeing your comments on Trip Advisor, I went through our records and found that, you reserved 2 rooms for 3 nights and got a special rate from the hotel. After staying for one night, the hotel was informed that “you booked the wrong location by mistake”, and wanted to be in a hotel downtown. At that point, our desk clerk informed you it was too late to cancel the rest of your booking.

Our security surveillances indicates, on your arrival, our desk clerk was attending to another customer outside the desk, and returned in few minutes to assist you.
We are located in one of the prime areas of Toronto (well known as Toronto East Beaches) that has various business and high end neighborhoods. We never had problems with patrons from surrounding business. Our hotel provides high-speed (wireless) internet access in all rooms. An access code is available at front desk, which you were given over the phone couple of times, unfortunately, you were having difficulty with accessing to our site, at that time, you were ask to come to the desk for further assistance.

Unfortunately, we were not informed about any other issues you may have had during the stay, a simple room change could have made a difference, (if your intention was to continue your stay).

We strongly believe, customer feedback is one of the key elements of our business, and rely upon comment such as yours to maintain and improve the standards.

We thank you for your valued patronage and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Ron Chemij
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Five stars for location, price and very clean room. The hotel is located in the neighborhood and popular tourist destination the Beaches. It located 1 block away from the Woodbine beach that has a 3.5 km boardwalk that winds along the beaches. The hotel is located on Queens Street East that lies at the heart of the Beaches neighborhood. There are a lot of independent restaurants and specialty stores on Queens Street East. Downtown Toronto is located about 5km from the hotel and you can use the 501 Queen streetcars to get to the downtown from the hotel.

The only downside is the hotel is located across the street from the Greenwood off track betting location and there is a number of people always smoking on the street.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family