1,945 results
All reviews maple leaf gardens carlton street college subway station loblaws supermarket rooms are small toronto downtown eaton centre yonge st small fridge convenient location higher floor cn tower coffee maker room key starbucks block lcbo
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Over from the UK for a week and thoroughally enjoyed our stay. Hotel's location, while not as central as some, has a subway stop 2 mins walk away and a tram stop the same distance so you are ideally place for travel in all directions.

There is a Starbucks underneath for breakfast and there is also a gift shop inside.

Our room had a safe and fridge and water was topped up daily. I would like to see proper cups for the tea/coffee as it always seems wasteful using those cardboard one wrapped in plastic.

No complaints about the beds. The only slight issue for some would be we had a room at the back and there is a constant hum from a hydro electric generator. While not a deal breaker for me (I often use earplugs anyway), some might find it an issue.

We are very much a get up and out type so never used any of the hotels facilities so can't comment on them, but all staff we dealt with were very frienfly and helpful.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel isn't quite as centrally located as others, but that's not really an issue. It's about a block and a half, iirc, to a TTC/subway entrance, which is what I use when downtown. The hotel. like many others in the area, offers parking for exorbitant rates if you have a car. The nightly rate is typically just a hair (say, CAD15) less than others closer to Union Station, etc.

Aside from that...no complaints. Healthy and bountiful breakfast options. Close to Yonge St. in an area with quality budget dining options. It's one of about three places I choose now when I go to Toronto.

I do recall that on checkin, I discovered I'd left my wallet, with all my credit cards, etc., at the Union Station subway stop and reception treated me with fairly frozen suspicion and threatened to pull my reservation., despite the fact I was a frequent stayer. Hauling myself back to Union Station in a doomed panic, I arrived to find that the someone had given my wallet to the TTC woman, who gave it back to me safe, sound, and with all contents intact. You gotta love Canadians. All was good thereafter.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So there are room for improvements, but I won’t go into that since the benefits far outweigh and negatives. The staff were all friendly (especially the nice guy who checked me in), the room was clean (but small), the location is great for access to entertainment and shopping. There is a Starbucks attached to the lobby so it’s easy to get your morning cuppa before heading out for the day. The underground parking is expensive, but it’s Toronto so I generally expect nothing less than $30 a day.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable stay right in the centre of downtown.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is nicely located on College between Yonge and Church street. The college subway station is 2min walking distance and there is a streetcar stop nearby to either go west or east. The check-in was amazing. Nellie was at the reception and gave us a 5* treatment. All informations were correct, he gave us all details on the hotel (gym, breakfast, etc) and was extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly. As an IHG reward and platinum member, our room was upgraded to the 23rd floor. The room was clean, neat, and we could see the CN tower from the room. Overall, we really enjoyed the hotel as it is well located, and the staff is extremely friendly and professional. I would go back, and highly suggest this place if you want to stay downtown Toronto.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2019

The room was adequate and location perfect.
The concierge was more than helpful however on check was asked for a 200$ deposit which was an unexpected shock.
The female receptionist was quite snotty but the Male trainee was very helpful.
The breakfast was overpriced and not nice at all. All the hot buffet food was actually cold so for $45 was not impressed.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi kazziebob28,

I am happy you chose us for your recent trip.

We are all about giving great service to our guests and are committed to provide comfort and happiness. I am happy you enjoyed our accommodation and perfect location. Although I'm sorry you were taken aback by the deposit that is required at check in. I also regret the dismay you had towards the breakfast experience and inconsistencies with the level of service delivered by the team.

I recognize how disappointing you must have felt. Reliable service is paramount to us, I shared your comments to the heads of the involved department for checking. Keenness to details is imminent.

We value your visit and feedback. We would certainly be happy to work with you again on your next visit and provide you what true IHG experience means.

Best,