“welcomed us back with ease”

Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
Ranked #50 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
“welcomed us back with ease”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went back to Toronto for a vacation after couple of months being away. We missed the city so much, more so the things you can do around the city. Upon looking for hotels to stay in the city we were not sure about this hotel but it sure exceeded our expectations. The hotel is compact but full of the essential elements and services that you would need in a city hotel. I regret not asking for the names of the front desk agent, the bellman, the housekeeper to give them credit for their superb service. For the price, the location and the service, this hotel right here brings a sure shot satisfaction for your stay. PS I work in a hotel, so I know how it's like to be in the industry and how to really appreciate the service.

Room Tip: choose a room on the 6th, because that's where the pool and fitness area are.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Jes O,
Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear how satisfied you were while visiting the city. We are very well located to many important venues in the downtown core. Your comments about our staff members are very well appreciated and we are very proud of the service they all deliver to our guests. Once again, thank you very much for your business and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great downtown location.Room very clean. Great check in gift for being an IHG member. Very accessible. Starbucks in lobby. Movie theater, spa, souvenir/convenience shop and restaurants in building. Near shopping, public transport, food etc. Easy check in. Staff very helpful when I needed early check in and late check out. Concierge helpful with calling a taxi. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Checked in was easy, room was nice but very small. I walked into the bathroom to check everything out and I noticed the ceiling in the shower was bubbly I didn't think much of it I just thought it was patch work. I ended up taking a shower before I went out, went about my business getting ready when all of a sudden I heard a dripping sound I thought it was because I didn't turn off the tap all the way I then noticed that there was water dripping from the ceiling. I called down to front desk to let them know and they said they would send someone up which they did he came inside to take a look at what the problem was then he disappeared. I get a call 15 minutes later saying that they heard that I had a problem in my room and they were going to switch my room no apology or anything came from any of the staff. I then took all of my stuff to the new room unpacked everything again and went out. I wake up the next morning to fill up a glass of water and I turn on the sink and I hear a loud pop and all of a sudden I feel water all over my feet I look under the sink and water is spewing out of the pipe. I go downstairs again and at this point I'm not happy at all I spoke to a manager and asked me what the problem was I told them the situation for her to then ask me if she should send someone up to look at it well duh ! This place is falling apart and the staff there is terrible ! No apologies or any sympathy for the horrendous night I had. I was then asked for all of my information so they could contact the company who I booked with so I can get a 50% refund I am now awaiting to see if they think the issues I went through are eligible for a refund. Do not stay here you are wasting money !

• Stayed April 2014
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Leigh9191, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, as this is not up to our standards of service.

I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, and would like to invite you to contact me directly, so that I may follow up with the appropriate departments and help rectify the issue for you. Please feel free to send m e an email at g.desilva@hitorontodowntown.ca.

Once again Leigh9191, I apologize for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced during your stay, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Glasgow
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed here while attending a conference in Downtown Toronto at the end March 2014. Just an average Holiday Inn really, although my bedroom was pretty big. A/C not easy to work out and room remained boiling hot even with heating switched off. Carpets etc. could be cleaner; my duvet cover had something that looked like a blood smear when I arrived - asked for it to be changed and this was done within minutes, although it should never have been there in the first place. Don't expect a view from your room, but the location is pretty handy with several streetcar lines stopping in front and the College subway station on the corner (1 min walk). Free wifi is pretty fast and a definite plus. Satisfied, but wouldn't necessarily recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Filippo_Glasgow
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Filippo_Glasgow,
We sincerely appreciate your review on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry to hear that you have experienced some discomfort while stayed with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies and we would like to thank you for your business. We hope to see you coming back to our Hotel for a second chance.Once again, thank you for staying with us.
Ontario
Reviewed April 1, 2014

If you're looking to be in a central downtown location for a reasonable price, this could be your spot. Steps from the subway station, two blocks from the Eaton Centre, you can get anywhere quickly.

What you sacrifice for price is space; we had a King room and it was a tight fit. WiFi presented a few problems in not connecting, or suddenly disconnecting. The water in the shower took several minutes to warm up, so don't get in until you're sure it's warm!

Though we didn't park, we found out it was $25 for the night, which is quite reasonable for Toronto. The souvenir shop was well stocked, and the bar looked inviting.

Overall a good spot.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iatlo
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you iatlo for your review.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again soon!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is not worth the money... when we called down to room service to have 2 wine glasses sent up....they told us we would be charged for it.... are you kidding me ? .... but we were told that if we went down to the restaurant ourselves it was free... wow.. brutal.....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkMcCaw_12
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
I'm sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel, but would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, as it is not our usual level of service.

I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Food and Beverage to follow up with his team, and remind them of our policies and procedures.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at g.desilva@hitorontodowntown.ca

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and hope you'll give us the opportunity to rectify the issue for you.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel was at a good location as we were walking from the bus terminal and it was just a few blocks down. There is a movie theatre a few shops down and there are loads of places for you to grab a bite or your morning breakfast, although we usually just go to the Starbucks right below the hotel. There is a subway station nearby but we did not take it as we just walked around ourselves. The room was a bit squeezy but really comfy! Beds were nice and toilet was clean. Staff was helpful when we enquired about Niagara falls tour and the souvenir shop was quite affordable too. Nice lobby and maintained my good impression of the Holiday Inn chain

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon!