“Good food but service is weak.”
Review of earth Rosedale - globe earth - CLOSED

earth Rosedale - globe earth
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Roxborough Street
Transit: We are located just north of the Rosdale TTC subway station on the east side of Yonge Street.
Description: We do local cuisine. We are open for dinner daily and our famous weekend brunch Saturday and Sunday.Take our Chef's fabulous local seasonal menu, add a chic dining room, wine bar and patio, wrap it all in friendly professional service and you have a neighbourhood friendly dining destination. Looking to book a private function? We can can accommodate groups from 2 to 150. We also have a private dining room that can accomodate up to 14 guests.Think global. Eat local.
“Good food but service is weak.”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I live in the area and I go here when I can't get into my favorite places. The food is usually good and it's very comfortable. Unfortunately the service is usually indifferent or distracted. It's worth a try but bring your best patience.

Abbotsford, Canada
“Lovely dinner”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Got groupons for a Prix Fixe dinner for 2. The seafood chowder was fantastic, my greens -fresh and enjoyable, steak and trout were nicely done, and best of all, the dessert..very good. Park for free at Ramsden Park Road on weekends, and after 6 pm on weekdays. Short walk to Earth Rosedale.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank lowa88
Toronto, Canada
“Spectacular food, great atmosphere & fabulous service”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I experienced yet another wonderful meal at Earth just last Friday. The seafood chowder was the best I have ever tasted. I ordered the chowder, beet salad and Portuguese chicken - all three were superb. My husband ordered the soup and the scallops which he absolutely loved. To end the meal, we ordered a cheese platter and some port which was better than any dessert I have ever tasted. Our wait staff were incredible - very helpful, polite and friendly. Whenever my husband and I wish to go out for a nice dinner, it's always a toss-up between Earth and The Globe- both owned by the same people. They definitely have a flair for delicious food, a great ambiance, and fabulous service.

• Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Average...”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Dined with a friend at Earth tonight, and we both decided we will never return. My fish chowder was cold, and it should have been called 'chowder broth' because I could barely find anything in it. Second Course was the beet salad, which was very bland. My friend had the salad which was incredibly underwhelming- just some chopped greens, and a few sunflower seeds. For our main we had the Trout and the Piri Chicken. The Piri chicken was a chicken quarter served with some piri sauce on the plate...brutal. The trout was the highlight of the entire meal- it was cooked perfectly on a bed of Kale- wouldn't change a thing. Desert was probably the worst part of the entire meal. It was a blueberry cake that was crumbly, dry, salty and so cold that I wondered how long this thing could be refrigerated for before going stale.
Above all the service was slow, rude,unhygienic, and confusing. The waiters all hold your plate with their thumb a centimeter away from your food- gross. Get a napkin! Finger prints all over my plate...not a good scene.
All in all this restaurant was a waste of time. Save your money and appetite for something more worth while.

• Visited April 2012
Toronto
“Outstanding food, service & atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My wife and I had a terrific dinner at Earth. It was our first time visit but certainly won't be our last. Earth was recommended by a friend recently and a few days later it offered a $49 Groupon for a Prix Fixe dinner for 2. Seemed like fate. We had to try. We each had a 4-course dinner of soup, salad, main and dessert. The soup of the day was a Spanish onion puree which tasted incredible. They must have roasted or sweated those onion slowly to bring out the rich sweetness. The other soup was a smoked fish chowder. Perfect level of smokiness and creaminess. The green salad featured arugula with a very tasty vinegrette. The beet salad was outstanding. 3 kinds of beets lightly pickled with creme fraiche. My wife had roasted trout which was excellent. I had steak and frites. Couldn't resist when the server said the frites had been blached in duck fat. The steak was perfectly cooked. Frites were great but with slightly more salt than I like. A VERY small quibble. The desserts looked pretty but weren't memorable. They have a good wine list with a good selection of reasonably priced bottles. Service was professional, attentive and excellent. The atmosphere is very comforting and warm. Dark walls and ceilings. All earth tones. Of course. Earth was a real find. Some restaurants offer Groupons and then make you feel like a 2nd class customer for using it. Not Earth. We felt very welcome and we will certainly be back.

• Visited April 2012