“Amazing sushi”

Transit: St. Andrew
Elora, Ontario, Canada
“Amazing sushi”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Best sushi I have had in a long time. Great agedashi, excellent quality of rice with the sushi and great service.

Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Rockford, Illinois
“Sushi for lunch!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My daughter and I were on our own for lunch when the boys opted for the Steam Whistle Brewery tour (they recommend that!). We walk here from our hotel midday (2-ish) and we were the only ones in the restaurant but it was fully staffed. I would have thought it was a bad sign that no other customers were there but had read the good reviews on TA so I was confident that it would be a treat. And it was. The sushi tasted great and was made with attention to detail. There was a language confusion when my daughter ordered her roll and they brought her something weird. She immediately knew it was not right, so I flagged the waitress over and asked what they served her. It seems the waitress thought my daughter said Kimchi instead of cream cheese. Oops, big difference. She walked away without apologies but eventually brought the right dish. The service was slow given we were the only people there and I had to leave my table to find the server/hostess to ask for our check. The amazing food made up for that tho. It was kinda strange also that they played American Pop music in this Japanese restaurant in Toronto. It made us laugh.

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver
“High end Japanese restaurant in the downtown core.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Yuzu Sushi & Sake Bar is a modern Japanese restaurant. I especially liked the saki bottles lined up along 2 walls.

The fish were fresh and the nigiri was a nice size that I can eat the entire thing in one go. The Chef Sushi platter is available if you didn't feel like thinking. The sushi chef will create a beautifully plated dish of nigiri and rolls. Each one has is slightly tweeked to add texture or interest. For example, the salmon had white and black sesame pressed onto one end.

The wasabi wasn't that imitation kind you sqeeze out of the tube. This is the real stuff, so be careful or you'll start tearing up. The item to skip was the Lobster Maki roll. It was bland and not worth the extra money. The must order item is the black sesame ice cream, which was creamy and almost a peanut butter texture. If I had more room at the time, I would have ordered another one.

• Visited August 2012
Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Went there for friend's birthday dinner. Delicious food and good service. The lighting is a bit dark as we sitted away from the window. In all, good place for Japanese food.

• Visited June 2012
Canada
“Average sushi joint”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

After many hours of research on chowhound and other foodie-blog sites, I decided to try a new sushi place in Toronto. Yuzu came highly recommended, so I tried it out.
The restaurant itself is nice, but has a distinct "Adelaide-club land" feel. Service was good, and the sushi chefs behind the counter were very artistic, meticulous and fun to watch.
We ordered a selection of sashimi and rolls. I have to say, the sushi was quite good, but definitely not outstanding. And it was definitely pricier than other restaurants who provide similar, or superior quality. In a city like Toronto, where we have so many sushi options, I definitely wouldn't recommend this place over any other in the city.

• Visited May 2012