“Science for everyone”

Ranked #37 of 522 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Ontario Science Centre has welcomed more than 50 million visitors since it opened in 1969, implementing an interactive approach now adopted by science centres around the world. Today, the Science Centre is an international leader in free-choice science learning and a key contributor to Ontario’s education and innovation ecosystem, offering lifelong learning through hands-on, engaging experiences. The Ontario Science Centre is an agency of the Government of Ontario funded in part by the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport. As a publicly assisted organization, the Science Centre relies on generous individuals, corporations and foundations who share a commitment to science and education for additional operating support.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The museum was a blast - something for kids and adults alike! You can easily spend a day here, so get your money's worth! The food in the cafeteria was surprisingly good for this kind of attraction. Everything was crowded when we went, but it was a rainy day - the perfect day for a museum.

There are newer reviews for Ontario Science Centre

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've been to this place a long time ago it was pretty interesting, if remember it was back in gr.6 i went, i think ?

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent the afternoon here while in Toronto. We also saw an Imax film while we were there. It was less expensive with our student discounts, but still expensive for what you got. I guess I should have banked on there being screaming, pushing, crying children everywhere. The exhibits seemed a bit disorganized and run down. Maybe it's because I'm older now, but it definitely wasn't as great as I remember it being. Probably would be fun for families, but after a few hours, we had had enough.

1  Thank SMILLER5
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It was a lot bigger than I expected, with multiple floors, etc. The kids loved almost every exhibit they had, and I dont think they actually realized they were learning things.
There were a few of the exhibits that weren't working, but there were plenty of other things to move on and see. We spent most of the day there, and didn't get to see it all.

We ended up converting our tickets to a yearly membership, which also grants free admission to over 300 other similar centres (which is a value to us when we're travelling).

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Everything was so run down, broken , etc looks like no money has been put in in years. More then half of the exhibits weren't working. We actually got through the entire center in about 2 hours since nothing worked for us to spend time on.

2  Thank Kendra W