“Take your children and grandchildren to this wonderful piece of history”

Black Creek Pioneer Village
Ranked #48 of 522 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: With its 35 restored buildings from the 1860s, this village recreates Victorian-era pioneer life for visitors.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was child sitting my grandkids (8 yrs and almost 2), and took them for a visit....I had taken my granddaughter when she was 4, and she wanted to go back again.
We happened to go on "Pioneer Days" when they were offering children the opportunity to play games that the pioneer children would have played, or as my granddaughter said: "These are the games that children played before they had ipads."
I think that it is wise to give the kids a bit of a history lesson before you go....that way the kids are really interested.
The little guy loved the animals, and my granddaughter loved everything about the Village...we were there all day!!

There are newer reviews for Black Creek Pioneer Village

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Took my 6 y/o son today for a day trip. I found it very interesting and conversed with the "period persons" frequently. However there was a lack of kid friendly activities for his age group. The one pavilion for kids was a bit boring and male staff member wasn't too interested in the kids.

The volunteer apprentice program sounds fantastic for adults if interested in assisting in tin, leather, printshop or (hurray!) the brewery.

The persons working were very knowledgable.

I would go back....just in a few years when son is older.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Was great to return after 15 years, it's a lovely place and children love it. I really enjoyed seeing the staff in full costume.

2  Thank Maudiemay1977
Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a great place! Hadn't been since I was a kid and recently took my own children. The volunteers were excellent and everything was as wonderful as I remembered. Exceeded my expectations for a grate day trip.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent the day with my girlfriend and was impressed. Had visited as a kid but didn't remember much. Great interpreters telling historical significance of buildings. Paid 4.50 for the brewery tour. Well worth it. Our guide was fantastic and the samples were excellent.