The Strathcona Hotel
$233
$197
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$229
Sheraton.com
$199
$139
1,709 results
All reviewsunion stationyork streetgreat locationcn towerrooms are smalltim hortons across the streetair canada centrerogers centreroyal yorkexecutive roomwithin walking distanceshort staywi fihockey hall of fameheart of downtownbed was comfortablefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Compared to the other surrounding hotels at 300-500& up, this place is steps away very close to Union Station, CN tower, tons of junk food restaurants and bars. The locale is great you can get anywhere quickly via subway - art centre, bloor st, yorkville, club area.. city hall..etc
The staff is friendly professional and helpful with me and others i saw.
Make sure to ask about services that you have to pay for though. The computers are not complimentary like other hotels. The rooms didn't have wifi either unless they are on more expensive floors, but it was never mentioned or offered to me at check in.
The basic room is on the small side, but clean, and i loved that i didn't smell any air fresheners when i walked in the room. They do need to change their laundry soap to scent free though. The towels were drenched in chemical scent i got a rash!! Really scent free is best and professional. The room doesnt need to smell like a laundromat.
The next thing to ask is if the front desk offers to print something out, they won't mention that there may be an extra charge for it..
One last thing to note: the walls are very very thin. If a crying baby is not obstacle to your sleep all night and most of the morning, then by all means but if you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs.
The cleaning staff is friendly and thorough. The pub downstairs are friendly and quick to help out if you are missing cutlery from your room food, etc.
Overall i would stay here again. for the price its good deal as long as your neighbours are not noisy...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank SoleilVert
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed in this hotel in the beginning of May and from the get-go I received excellent service, from the lovely young man, I think was named Scott who checked me in to the lady who gave me the option to check out a little later a couple days later I think was called Sillia. Even when I got up to the room I was surprised, 5 minutes after entering the room I heard a nock on the door and there was a woman from housekeeping asking me if everything was alright with the room and if I needed anything else. What else can I say but excellent hospitality? Overall staff was very friendly, and I knew that the rooms were going to be small, but when I only slept and showered there it really didn't matter as the hotel was able to offer me very competitive pricing for a hotel downtown.

I found the rooms to be very clean as well as the whole hotel and whenever I was looking it seemed to be that there was always a housekeeping lady around the corner, which was good to my opinion. The hotel is in the close vicinity to many of Toronto's great attractions I was unable to visit due to the fact that I was in meetings all days, but I did get to do some quite sightseeing.

The pub at the hotel was lovely as well, had great servers and great food for a reasonable price. I would DEFINITELY stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone in my company.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Pete W
Reviewed May 21, 2014

A great place to stay if you want a downtown hotel that is reasonable, clean and a great location. It does not have a lot of atmosphere but good if you just want a place to stay overnight. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gay C
Reviewed May 21, 2014

One night here was one night too much. Rude check in - computer down so unable to get code to use wifi and the woman barked at me. Bed uncomfortable and polyester cushions felt icky. Warning on bathroom wall about slippery bath - but you have to call for a rubber bath mat! And there was no bar soap to use in shower and the wall mounted liquid soap container was near the sink - but not near the shower!!!!! Talk about dangerous to get in and out of slippery shower with liquid soap in my hand (over and over again).
The rooms are really small - no carpet and just 4 hangars in small closet - small TV above desk made it difficult to watch from bed and the system kept logging off, interrupting the program I was watching (had to go back to start screen and find channel again and again and again).
Yes, the location is fine although with road closures in this area of downtown Toronto it is not that convenient to get cabs etc. BUT there are way better hotels in downtown Toronto that don't feel like a bargain basement experience with a dose of rudeness to ruin anything that might be a welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Travellingnurse50
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Friend and I went for a one night stay for a concert. Hotel staff very friendly. Rooms are really small, but it was good for one night, wouldnt want to do anymore than that. Beds are not very comfortable either. Location is amazing, a five minute walk from union station and about ten minutes to massey hall area. Would definetly come back to this hotel for one night stays, mainily for the location and the staff are wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paige M
Meg B, Front Office Manager at The Strathcona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Hi Paige,

Thank you very much for your review!

I am very happy to hear you and your friend enjoyed our location and service!

If you are back in the area, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to provide you with an upgrade so you can experience one of our larger rooms.

Hope to welcome you both back soon!