“Below Average”

Ranked #2,061 of 8,772 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Description: Escape the Ordinary at Rocco’s Restaurant and Bar!Have a craving for authentic Italian fare with a contemporary flare? At Rocco’s, our chefs use only the finest and freshest ingredients to create a medley of succulent dishes that are guaranteed to please your palate. Located in the trendy lakeshore west Neighbourhood, Rocco’s is perfect for a night out on the town or a late night drink. Our atmosphere is cozy, fun and classy and always full of good cheer!
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went for dinner with a small group of culinary students and a teacher. We were not impressed. The food was average at best, non-inspiring and salty. The location is less than desirable unless you enjoy looking at condos and the highway! Prices were high for what was served, one guest had the osso bucco, one two inch diameter piece which came on a spoonful of risotto, cost over $20.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

After checking out the menu on line at Roccos Restaurant and bar, we decided to give it a try with our friends who live in Oakville. Very strange lay out for a restaurant. . While waiting for our friends to arrive, we ordered drinks and a plate of sweet potato fries to keep us going whilst reviewing the menu. Very nice and crispy and if you like sweet potato fries, I urge people to give Roccos a try. There were a number of items on the menu that appealed to me, I finally decided on the veal osso bucco with a side helping of mushroom rissoto. This is when I realised that the menu sounded better than the food. Disappointing as the veal covered in marinara sauce, was dry and tasteless and parts of my rissoto were cooked to the point that it was more like porrige than rissoto. I guess it depends on what you order as my husbands pasta was filled with seafood he seemed to think it was okay. We shared the flourless chocolate cake for dessert as the other items that we were keen on was sold out. ( forget now what they were). The rest of our party seemed fairly satisfied but nobody really felt wowed by the food . I am sure they have their regulars being part of a condo complex. This restaurant has so much potential now they need to deliver the goods.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Everytime I look at this place now there are staff smoking outside. They put their ashes all over the ground and stuff their still-lit butts in an ashtray and let it smoulder. I stopped going as a result. Too bad, they have decent food, but the smoking right at the entrance is a big negative for me, especially when you can smell all over the area and you have to walk through a cloud of stink just to get in the place.

1  Thank Travelmaster2012
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I like the food there - it's good and always fresh. Drink prices are expensive, but water is always free. It's a great place to have lunch in the west-waterfront area.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Food is plentiful and fairly authentic and the atmosphere quaint, but location is hard to find, if you aren’t careful you will drive right by!