2,350 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies eaton centre chestnut street city hall cn tower within walking distance nathan phillips square toronto downtown upon check underground parking convenient location corner room front desk staff business trip subway station university
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The personal works hard to please you, from the check in to the bar and restaurant. Clean rooms and common areas. Small to medium size rooms. The locations is OK, but you can walk everywhere anyway in Toronto.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Our daughter got ready for her wedding in the hotel. Her ceremony and venue was off site. The hotel staff did so much for us by welcoming our out of town guests, providing big room for brunches and hair and make up artist to provide services. I felt like they really wanted to take stress away from me as the brides mother and constantly over the 2 days checked on everything. Exceeded my expectations . Doubletree is now my go to hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

This was really located in the Centre of activity in the city. A lot of attractions were within walking distance. The hotel itself was very good. Clean, and bright. The service was excellent. The room was great. And the breakfast too.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Had a great 3 day stay in this hotel. Great location, right by Eaton center, yonge-dundas square, nathan philips square and city hall, and St. Patrick TTC station. Also lots of bus stops nearby. Safe location with lots to do and eat near by. Staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Price for stay was also very reasonable. They were able to accommodate our early check in when we did it at 930am! Room had everything we needed and minimal noise from other guests or city!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed September 8, 2018

I stayed here for four nights in July and truth be told, other than the location, there is not much to like about this hotel.

Upon check-in, the person at the desk charged me again for our stay even after I told her that I had already paid, refusing to listen to me she charged me again. After I went to my room to drop my belongings after an exhausting 20 hour journey from Sydney, I retrieved my bank statement and showed another staff member that I had paid months earlier to which she double checked and the system did indeed indicate that I had paid months ago.

What annoyed me, is that neither staff member bothered apologising for this blunder. Instead she said she'd return the money AFTER my stay. I'm a traveller without money at this point, so as you can imagine I was not pleased. To top that off I asked for my money back immediately as I now would have to pay over $50 in bank fees for their mess and they obviously seemed annoyed by request. Still no apology.

When I put this behind me, I asked for help getting from Toronto to Niagara Falls - was pushed from staff member to staff member because no one could be bothered to help us find out how to get there. Totally useless!

Rooms are subpar at best, nothing to rave about.

Needless to say, I probably wouldn't stay here again and if you do decide to stay here again - make sure that they don't charge you twice!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends