“Surprise $11 parking fee”
Review of Delta Toronto East

Delta Toronto East
Ranked #66 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We stayed at the Delta East for two nights and overall it was an enjoyable stay.

The $11.25 per night parking fee was an unpleasant surprise. Everything in this hotel is pricey. Beer at the lobby bar was $8+. We never ate at the restaurants due to the price but there are several restaurants in the area.

The rooms were clean and well furnished. We had two queen sized beds with a full desk. No fridge. Bathroom is large.

Kids loved the pool and water slide. The hot tub is hot but some times there were too many kids in it.

The staff were friendly and competent.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank Summer5
There are newer reviews for Delta Toronto East

Reviewed August 12, 2007

I stayed at the Delta for one night and found no problems with the hotel. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel was slightly out of the way from the airport, but that proved to be a positive as the sound of airplanes taking off was not an issue. My only issue with the hotel was that the billing wasn't timely. If you have room service early in the morning, then your bill cannot be updated immediately if you depart early. The hotel mails an updated bill later on. Aside from the latter, I found the hotel to be a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Pacwell
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I have stayed at 2.5 and 3 star hotels that were far superior to this supposed 3.5 star hotel. First off, parking cost $11.34, which completely threw me off guard. I have stayed in numerous hotels located in the Scarborough, Markham, and Richmond Hill area, and never have I had to pay for parking. When we came back at night, roughly around 10 pm, the front parking lot had a sign in the driveway stating that the parking lot was full. We drove around to the back lot, and there was another sign in the driveway stating the parking lot was full! Nowhere was there another parking entrance in site. Finally we just drove around the sign and found a spot as far away from the entrance you can get, in a parking lot that was absolutely packed. How are they going to charge me for parking when they don't even have sufficient spaces for their guests?? I saw several cars driving around looking for spots also. Next, the minute I walk inside the hotel you can smell this strong nauseating chlorine smell. It is the most disgusting smell and you can smell it everywhere you are inside the hotel. I had to hold my nose, because I thought I was going to throw up from the smell. The furnishings looked old and dirty, the carpet was filthy, the chairs in the room were rundown. Internet cost $9.95, which again, in the Scarborough, Markham, and Richmond Hill area hotels I have been in have never ever charged me for. When I went to checkout, the staff was super slow and inefficient. I waited in line for over 20 minutes, and there was only one other woman in front of me waiting! The line started to build behind me, and still they didn't add another person to the front desk to help. I could tell the other people behind me were getting impatient as well. Absolutely ridiculous. In addition, the staff was unfriendly and never smiled once. We ended up staying another night last minute, and found another hotel, thank god. I would have hated to stay another night in this rundown ripoff of a hotel. In fact, I am sitting in a 3 star hotel in Markham, using their free internet, have free parking located a few yards from the door, with new and clean furnishings, and even a refrigerator in the room for even less than I had paid at Delta! All I can say is, there is much better that you can get for at a rate cheaper than Delta, with a lot more satisfaction.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank delaynomore247
Reviewed June 13, 2007

The thing which I did not like most was, People will stand at
entrence door and they smoke. You have to pay for parking You have to pay for fridge. Carpet was stained and looked dirty. Not a good hotel for family Rooms are not child safe. In short I will not recommend this hotel to any one, and I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank navwish
Reviewed April 13, 2007

Room was small and had a smokey smell. Balconey was quite nice. Food was terrible, they need to lay off the salt- in the bar part of restraunt.
Staff was not helpful when our keycard wouldn't work... twice.. Ended up standing in hall with luggage after long flight.. Just wanted to get to room. Computer room was not "functioning".. Not very good deal for the price, thats for sure.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mcc129
Reviewed October 22, 2006

Stayed for one night on 18/10 and have mixed feelings about the place.
Location is excellent, just off the freeway but, given the suburban location, parking should be free to residents. Had two rooms on second floor with internal windows overlooking the swimming pool atrium.
Both bedroom carpets were badly stained and our room was not as clean as I would have liked. Bedrooms were slightly small but beds were comfortable and ensuite was well presented.
Bar grille had very poor table service. Starters were delivered ten minutes apart and requests for drinks from the waitress, twice, did not arrive until we went to the bar ourselves.
Breakfast was alright but the scrambled egg was overcooked.
On the plus side the staff were very friendly and our children liked the pool although I found the water cold. Whirlpool tub was ineffective.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
8  Thank danefield
Reviewed September 17, 2006

Very nice hotel, great recreational areas, pretty hotel, good food. Decent prices. Rooms a little small and a little dated but "charming" Would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2006