“Staff & Hotel Amazing”
Review of Delta Toronto East

Delta Toronto East
Ranked #67 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed April 7, 2014

First I was greeted by Sasha at the front desk and she went above and beyond, very nice lady.

The room was on the west wing and it was nice a little noise but nothing to worrisome. This hotel has amazing staff, everyone looks happy and always welcoming the client.

I was there as part of an AGM and a Manager John was amking sure we were satisfied and all. The Housekeeping staff was also very nice, and the wait staff was also very good!!

The WIFI in my room was not very good, could not get my IPAD to connect because of the poor signal.

I want to take go back wife my family for a weekend and enjoy the pool and the slide!!

All iall, this was an amazing experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Delta Toronto East. I am pleased to read your comments about the hotel staff, especially Sasha and John. They are definitely an asset to our organization and represent our brand's culture of exceeding guests’ expectations. Rest assured I will be sharing your comments with my team and thank you providing us your feedback regarding the internet.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel is a 20-50 minute taxi ride from the airport, depending on time of day. It's a spacious hotel, with lots of parking and for business travellers, good taxi service. I'd recommend your own car, though, to get around and to go somewhere else to eat in the evening. The hotel is also next to a major arterial road which is good, even if your room is next to the freeway, because the noise insulation is good.
This hotel was built in the 80's or 90's as a premium luxury hotel, and has been quite well updated, however with some corners cut here and there.
The building is spacious and airy inside, high ceilings, lots of height. Check in was fast, friendly, helpful and efficient.
The trip to the tower I was in, takes you past the pub, the ground floor restaurant and the pool area.
The pub and restaurant are clean, but not places people will necessarily go out of their way to visit. The restaurant is where I would say you go once if you don't want to call a cab to go somewhere else. It wasn't at all bad, the servers were friendly and helpful, it has a reasonable selection of different dishes at restaurant prices, the food was correctly cooked but the most useful aspect of the restaurant was its proximity, being inside the hotel when there was nothing else within walking distance.
There is also apparently a Japanese restaurant up on the roof, which I did not try out.
The pool area is really nice, a big pool with deep and shallow sections, a splash pool, a hot tub, and a 2 story tube slide. Great for families to blow off steam after a long day in the car, also good for business travel just to do a few laps in the pool.
The room was spacious and clean, with two double beds, a good size LCD TV, a good size cupboard, and a comfortable bathroom. The shower had good flow, nice hot water, and there were all the typical supplies of soap, shampoo, etc. the non-slam toilet seat was a nice touch.

Breakfast was really good, in fact first class. There's a really good, extensive breakfast buffet with virtually everything that a business traveller or a family could want, there is an omelet bar and the scrambled eggs are nice and fluffy and moist.

Now for the not-so-good: there's no fridge in the room, the ice machines and vending machines are only on every second floor. There is no in-hotel shop, so do your purchases of in-room snacks and sodas before you come home for the night. There was also a loose bit of wallpaper in the bathroom, and that's about it!

Room Tip: Choose an even numbered floor if you don't want to go up and down stairs for your ice and vendin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank EaglesEye

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Delta Toronto East, I am glad to read that you enjoyed your newly renovated room; we recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation to our public areas, restaurants, guest rooms, as well as, transforming our pool into a salt water pool.

I am also pleased to have read that your dining experience at Whitesides Restaurant was “really good”, Our team of hospitality professionals are consistently striving to exceed our guest expectations by being “friendly, helpful, and efficient” as we take pride in our culture that delivers a engaging, welcoming experience to all of our guests. Rest assured I will be sharing your comments with our Front Desk Team.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and service. Breakfast buffet is great. Pool and water slide fun for kids. Hot tub needs work. Rooms are a good size but beds too small. March break programs run by the hotel a good surprise.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jdeleeb
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about the Front Desk Team. I am pleased to read that you had great service and that you will return back to the hotel. Our team at the Delta Toronto East is consistently striving to exceed our guest expectations by being friendly and accommodating yet professional. Rest assured that I will share this comment among our Leadership Team.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here one night with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew. They told the staff at check in that we were there to celebrate their son's 3rd birthday. That night, staff brought up a hand signed card and piece of cake. That was a really nice touch. I know they also enjoyed the pool. The rooms with the balconies overlooking the pool seemed like they'd be cool, but it would be loud out on the balcony with all the kids in the pool. Buffet breakfast had lots of choice. The location of this hotel was convenient, just off the highway and a short drive to the Science Centre, which we visited the next day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about the Front Desk Team. I am delighted to read that we met your expectations and that you appreciated the efficient check-in process and complimentary business center access. Thank you for also highlighting our location and the convenience to major attractions, such as the Ontario Science Centre and mentioning our indoor salt water pool equipped with a monster 110 foot monster water slide.

Rest assured that I will share this comment among our Front Desk Team members.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I have stayed here several times and have had several different rooms. We stayed on the honeymoon floor with complimentary breakfast, a regular room with a view of the city, and a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. All rooms were clean, easy to get to and well serviced. We only live about 15 minutes away and in Scarborough too! But we love staying here – it’s like a mini getaway. It’s still a drive to go anywhere, but the hotel has a lovely pool but even better, the food is outstanding. Our favourite restaurant is Sagano – we have been there at least a dozen times. The service, the food, the atmosphere and the view is unbelievable – a must try if you like Japanese cuisine. We have been to TW’s as well and the food was also wonderful and surprising especially since we love Sagano so much!

The only downfalls for me would be not enough parking and the breakfast on the honeymoon suite floor wasn’t anything to brag about. I also think they can do some decor upgrading, but the renovations to the front entrance is a good start. Overall, a fantastic place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. At the Delta Toronto East we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations in every interactions and I am pleased to read that you experienced this first hand in our hotel restaurants, you have mentioned “… the food is outstanding. Our favourite restaurant is Sagano – we have been there at least a dozen times. The service, the food, the atmosphere and the view is unbelievable – a must try if you like Japanese cuisine. We have been to TW’s as well and the food was also wonderful and surprising especially since we love Sagano so much!”

There is ample parking in the front and the back of the hotel, however, it can be limited at times due to the high volume, such as March Break, due to our March Break Madness Package which included resort activities for children. Nested among major highways our location is ideal for both corporate and leisure guests.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights for a hockey tournament. The hotel is in a great location, close to the highway. The lobby is spotless and the front desk staff were great. It was March Break so they had a kids club going on, but we were to busy with our hockey schedule to partake. When we checked in most of the hockey kids got a free goody bag, which was a nice touch! The room was nice and spacious. The bathroom was bigger than most hotels I have stayed at. Most of the bathroom had been updated except the shower/tub area and the ceiling. We are at the restaurant for 1 lunch and 2 dinners. The staff here are amazing. They walk you through everything that is on the buffet and even ask for your feedback on some of the food items. Very friendly waiters. All in all a great find in the GTA.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank wontstayput

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for commenting on how spacious and comfortable our rooms and bathrooms are designed. At the Delta Toronto East we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations in every interactions, and I am pleased to read that you have experienced this first hand.

Rest assured that I will share this comment among our Front Desk and Restaurant team members.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Took my niece (7) and nephew (10) for an overnight to Toronto with their parents. Chose this hotel as it is close to the Science Centre (15 minutes by car). It's a real great property but for a hotel that advertises itself as a "family hotel" I was surprised there are no one room suites. Three adults and two children in one room with two double beds and a cot is very tight. For $200 for the night plus $25 for the cot plus $10 for parking, I expected a little more room for the money.

The highlight is the pool and waterslide. The salt water is a bonus as you don't emerge with red eyes and there is no odour in the hotel lobby. The pool is really fantastic and the waterslide just long enough amuse older kids and very thrilling for the younger set. What I didn't enjoy in this area was the hot tub. I have never understood why hotels allow children under say 18 in them. I see no benefit to a five year old in a life jacket in the hot tub. The water was hot and the space should be for adults only. There are lifeguards on duty who can enforce the age limit. I especially enjoyed the cannonballs while I was trying to enjoy the hot tub (note the sarcasm).

My only real beef with the hotel (other than the price) was the restaurants. Sure they advertise children's pricing but meals for adults are expensive. There is really nothing else within walking distance so they have you trapped. Perhaps the hotel could examine their $22.95 adult breakfast buffet and maybe drop the price a few dollars? I don't have children and would pay that price if I was travelling on my own. For families with children, that's expensive.

All in all, a fun hotel for kids and very easy to get to. Recommended.

Room Tip: Though they are further from the pool, the Tower Rooms are fun for kids to access as there is a glas...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you that our indoor, heated salt water swimming pool with a monster 100 foot waterslide was the highlight of your stay as mentioned, “The salt water is a bonus as you don't emerge with red eyes and there is no odour in the hotel lobby. The pool is really fantastic and the waterslide just long enough amuse older kids and very thrilling for the younger set.”

At the Delta Toronto East, we pride ourselves as being a family friendly hotel where the children (under the age of six years) dine in for free and children (seven to twelve) are charged half price off the adult menu while dining with an adult.