“An Urban Oasis”

Delta Hotels Toronto East
Ranked #66 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Though this review is late in coming, it hasn’t changed my opinion of the Delta Toronto East. In 2013, my spouse and I stayed three times:
· May 30 in room 1422;
· Oct 24 in room 1203, and
· Dec 12 in room 1411.

Located in Scarborough ON near the exit of Kennedy Road and Highway 401, the Delta Toronto East provides a welcoming oasis from the hustle and bustle of Canada biggest city, and the world’s busiest highway. Once inside, the tranquil and inviting lobby with a front desk that is staffed by professionals will greet you.

In December, Rhondanee (I hope I spelt her name correctly) welcomed us with such a big smile. She made us feel like we were the most important persons checking in. However having seen her greet other guests, I know that everyone is given a truly royal welcome.

On all three occasions, our rooms were very large and comfortable. The rooms were tastefully furnished. The Sanctuary beds with their crisp white linens provide a very restful sleep. There was a bedside docking station for smart phones, ipods, etc.

The hotel features a spectacular 20,000-square-foot atrium that boasts saunas, a whirlpool tub and a saltwater swimming pool. The three restaurants are good. We’ve eaten at the Whitesides Terrace Grill on number of occasions. The quality of the food and service has always been consistently good.

Overall, we are happy and loyal clients of this Delta hotel. Its people reflect the Delta culture, and make this hotel my home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gpbc
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our team at the Delta Toronto East is consistently striving to exceed our guest expectations by being friendly and accommodating yet professional.

I am pleased to read that you appreciate the renovations and updates we recently completed throughout our property. Being accessible to the major highways makes the drive to the downtown core and other attractions in Toronto very convenient.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We just returned from a night at the Delta East celebrating my twin girls birthday - they wanted to swim swim swim and they did just that! First let me say that the front desk staff, the pool area staff were AMAZING! They made sure the girls birthday was really special! The room was great and the pool was perfect for the girls! The gentleman in the pool area went above and beyond to make my girls feel special! The only down side was dining - the girls didn't want to leave for dinner so we ordered the pizza from the hotel - big mistake - the order came and was wrong - as in two four inch pizzas to feed five people - instead of two large pizzas like we ordered and paid over $50 bucks for....it was eventually corrected but the pizza that eventually came was barely edible - I would have preferred a frozen delissio - it would have been a huge step up! No one ate it! Considering how much they were pushing the pizza in room and around the hotel I expected it to be edible? We did the breakfast the next morning and it wasn't good either! So my advice is definitely stay at this hotel but eat elsewhere!

Room Tip: The rooms over looking the pool are nice and convenient but if you want quiet than pick a tower room...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We found the staff extremely friendly and service was excellent overall. The hotel room is spacious, clean and well kept. Bathroom has ample counter space, is modern design and is quite large. Good quality bath towels. Beds and pillows are so comfy! The air system makes no noise at all. My only complaint is the room doesn't have any food amenities such as mini fridge or microwave which are useful during extended stays with family. Indoor Pool is an awesome asset to the hotel. Easy access to hotel from Hwy 401 which gives you easy access to everything in Toronto. 5 minutes from great shopping at Scarborough Town Centre. 20 mins from airport and downtown. We would definitely stay at the Delta Toronto East again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Being that the power had been off in most areas of the city and many of the staff worked overtime due to the extra displaced people all I can say is WOW Delta staff your the best and hope that you finally got to celebrate Christmas with your family.The restaurants were great never had a bad meal ,and the service was the best we have had in a very long time.Our stay was seamless from the we got there to the time we left --all was done for us, thank you ,thank you .
you made our day

Room Tip: rooms higher have the best view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are pleased to read that you had great service and enjoyed your time with us. Our team is consistently striving to exceed our guest expectations by being friendly, and accommodating yet professional. This comment will be shared this comment amongst our Management Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked this hotel due to the fact it had a big pool and a slide. I have 3 kids and they love swimming. Unfortunaly, slide wasnt open for the 3 days we were there. How maddening. Nowhere did it say on the site that I reserved the room from that the slide is only open a few days a week for a few hours. And the hot tub didnt work for a couple of days. Pool was so cold. Even my kids said it was freezin. They charge for parking...I think around $13/day. Very close to 401. Staff was friendly. Rooms were clean. Definitly not a 4star, maybe a 3 star. Probably wouldnt return there. Can definitly find a room with a big pool alot cheaper and just as nice as here.

Room Tip: There are rooms with balconies that overlook the indoor pool. Dont stay in these if you want quietn...
2  Thank jane m
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight our proximity to the major highways such as the 401, making the drive to the downtown core and other attractions in Toronto very convenient.

Our indoor heated saltwater swimming pool and waterslide hours are posted under the recreation section of our website.

If you have future plans to travel back to Toronto, please feel free to contact me personally and I will be delighted to assist you with your reservations.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was our first time staying at this location, from the time we arrived until the time we left we received the best service I've ever had in a hotel. Our kids were excited to stay on a high floor and during check in I mentioned this to the front desk and they over accomidated us.. The restaurants are amazing and children under 6 eat free every meal, our dinner was absolutely cooked perfect I would put the steak in my top 5, our kids couldn't get enough of the pool and the fitness center is one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel. This delta is an amazing family getaway your kids will love it. We will be back 100%

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This review is a little overdue but better late than never.

My husband and our two young sons stayed at the Delta
East Hotel back in August for two nights. We were traveling with another couple and their daughter for a special trip to the Toronto Zoo. We took advantage of the Hotel's two nights Zoo package. The package included two nights and entrance for 4 to the Zoo.

The hotel lobby is very attractive and the staff are all very welcoming and friendly. I can't remember a single individual who wasn't extreemy personable.

The room was spacious and comfortable, and the bathroom was also modern and well appointed. We were very impresses with the Buffett restaurant meals. There were many choices and everything was prepared well and tasted excellent. We liked it so much and found it so convenient that we ate there for the entire stay. Our children all ate for free, and yes the actually ate, even the picky ones.

The absolute best part of this Hotel is, without a doubt, the fabulous salt water pools. I can't say enough about the pools! Our 4 and 3 year old sons have never been crazy about pools or swimming and we weren't even sure if we would be able to convince them to have a swim, but when they saw the children's pool with the frog water slide they couldn't resist! In fact our sons refused to use the steps to get into the pool, they used the little frog slide every time! The children's pool is the perfect size for little ones. It was about 3 and a half feet deep so the kids feet can easily touch the bottom. This was great for our kids because they could stand up and splash around and feel very secure.

There is also a larger pool with a deep end and a fantastic two story high water slide for older children and adults. The big water slide and the pools are always monitored by two staff members who are quite friendly. There is also a hot tub which our sons also enjoyed.

The Hotel's pools were so much fun I think our sons had a better time at the Hotel than they did at the Zoo! In fact our older son, who is now 5, actually told me today that he wants to go back to the Hotel because he had so much fun. that's what reminded me that I really should wright this review!

My only negative points are that this hotel wants $25 a night for a cot which I was surprises at because so many hotels offer cots for small children without charge. Between the two families there were two 3 year olds and we were a bit concerned about them falling out of the big beds. Luckily our two sons shared a queen sized bed without incident. Also, when we booked the rooms we indicated that we were traveling with another couple and asked if the rooms could be adjoining or at least close to each other. We were told that they would be but when we checked in we were surprised that our rooms were on different floors.

Overall we all had a very good time at the Delta East Toronto and are planing to return some
Time in the new year. We might even skip the Zoo the next trip and just stay at the Hotel, I'm sue our kids would love that!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family