“Great spot if you like the smell of a pool... Or old smoke.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Delta Toronto East

Delta Toronto East
Ranked #66 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
New Albany, Ohio
“Great spot if you like the smell of a pool... Or old smoke.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was walking in, I smelled the pool and I knew it was indoors... Nice for family trips in winter but not a great smell for a working hotel. I checked in and went off to my room which was on the second floor down a long hallway almost to the end of what I hoped was the older part of this hotel... I found myself wanting to smell a pool as the further I got down the hall the more this floor was smelling like week (month, season, etc.) old smoke!

Went back out to the mall I was working at Scarborough Town Centre 1 exit away (a plus for this hotel)... We didn’t get finished until about 2:00am and we headed back to the hotel when I found out there was NO 24 hour room service so I went straight to my room where I realized there was no water, let alone none in the fridge even if I wanted to buy some. Laid in bed which felt somewhat like a hammock and an old spring couch, if that wasn’t bad enough I was just about to doze off and the smell in the hall made its way into the room... Ugh!

Oh well, it was only one night and I can tell you I won't be back!

Room Tip: Try and stay in the tower side, my co-workers were over there and they didn't have the issues I...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank FEOHIO
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for highlighting our property’s proximity to the Scarborough Town Center and Fairview Mall in addition to the comfort of our newly renovated rooms and public areas that were renovated. The swimming pool as being part of that renovation was converted to an indoor heated salt water pool.

I apologize for the experience you had, and appreciate that you took the time to provide us the feedback. Delta Toronto East is completely a non-smoking hotel and I will have our housekeeping team follow-up on your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Delta Toronto east.

Azhar Kheraj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday, November 2, 2013 while attending my company's Quarter Century Club Dinner and Dance. The hotel is conveniently situated right at the 401 and Kennedy Road. We've stayed here before and have never had any problems or complaints. There was only one check-in clerk on duty and she was having a lengthy conversation with another guest concerning his bill, so my wife and I had to wait 15 minutes to get checked in. The room and huge bathroom were both very clean. Once again, we received a discount on the parking fee ($8.00), but it still sucks that you have to pay for parking when you're already paying for an overnight stay. You also find out about this fee only when you check-in to the hotel. It's not exactly widely advertised on their website and is nothing but a cash grab. It is also the reason why I gave the hotel only 3 stars. If you wish to dine on the premises, you will find the prices fairly steep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cruisefan1950
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for commenting on how spacious and comfortable our rooms and bathrooms are designed. On the other hand, I apologize for the inconvenience you incurred during your arrival process. Rest assured, I will be sharing your comments with our Front Office Manager.

While our parking charges are competitive in the area, your feedback is important to us and will not go unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed 4 nights while visiting my father who lives in a nearby assisted living facility. It is convenient, room is nice and clean. It is equivalent to most of the American brands. My only complaint is with TV lineup. Like most of the Canadian hotels, it has CNN, CHN but not Fox News Network or ESPN. Probably would choose to stay in a American brand next time for better TV lineup.

Room Tip: The tower rooms are better, but you have to ask. Internet can be weak at the tower though!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback. At the Delta Toronto East we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and it is only comments such as yours that will assist us in attaining our goals.

I will share your comments about the TV line-up with our Leadership Team.

MASSAPEQUA PARK
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great hotel. We stayed here 2 nights at a recent trip to Toronto. We got a terrific deal through Groupon including meals and parking. To us it would be a place we would stay even if it wasn't through Groupon. Easy to get to and located a short ride from downtown Recently renovated and updated. Beautiful pool area. Friendly and knowledgeable staff (front desk and restaurants).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our team at the Delta Toronto East is consistently striving to exceed our guest expectations by being friendly and accommodating yet professional.

I am pleased to read that you appreciate the renovations and updates we recently completed throughout our property. Being accessible to the major highways makes the drive to the downtown core and other attractions in Toronto very convenient.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nice hotel. Friendly staff (front desk and restaurants). Very good food in the restaurants.

They've set this place up so that you can go in less than perfect weather and never leave.

The main swimming area is just below the first floor. You walk over the open area via a pedestrian bridge. It took a couple minutes for me to adjust to the smell of chlorine on the way to my room but it was fine after that first trip to the room.

Seems like a great place for families and it worked very well for me as a single. There were lots of families with children but there weren't kids running wild through the hotel. There were also lots of families/individuals there without kids. I think it's nice to see kids having fun, walk right by and get to my room where HGTV awaits me.

I wasn't thrilled with Housekeeping on Thanksgiving but maybe they were in a rush to get home for the holidays. That's a small complaint at best and the manager at the front desk was very receptive to comments. I was very satisfied with his response.

The hotel is conveniently located right off the 401. It takes about 20 minutes to get downtown in no traffic. In weekday, morning traffic the commute is about an hour. It's in Scarabourgh not Toronto proper (but maybe Toronto is broken into sections like NY). I didn't go to the zoo but I think it's very close to the hotel.

Parking is free with the hotel stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ChicagoMariposa
Athens
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I only stayed one night during a conference, but the staff were uniformly pleasant, friendly, cheerful and helpful. Many hotels claim it, but these people really did make me feel like I was a wecome guest.
The room was comfortable and quiet, with everything I needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on the Tripadvisor website.

I am pleased to read that “the staff were uniformly pleasant, friendly, cheerful and helpful.” Rest assured that I will share this comment among our team members.

Toronto,Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Got a decent corporate rate.
Comfortable room and love the redesign. However you can still the the age in parts of this hotel.
Hotel bar does it's job and the dining area is nice. If you're traveling in the area it's a good spot.
Only complaint is check-in. Seems they do not have enough staff handling the front desk and they overbooked. Thankfully that didn't affect me But it did affect my coworker.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you appreciate the newly renovated bedrooms with our signature Delta Sanctuary mattresses.

I have shared you comments with the Front Office Manager and the Food and Beverage Manager.