“Say BYE to Privacy, and Hello to LOUD Noise!”
Review of Delta Toronto East

Delta Toronto East
Ranked #65 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I have never hated a hotel so much. Look at my feedback. I like 95% of the hotels I stay in, and with the exception of one or two, I generally have no problems. Its tough to make me truly hate a hotel.

If you get put in a 1st floor room next to the pool, good luck getting sleep or privacy. My windows had to be closed the entire 3 days I was there because the window faced the pool( full of dozens of people) who peer through my window. The pool also closes at 11pm, and was ridiculously noisy, noisy, noisy!!!!!! I actually RECORDED how noisy it was from my room. It was like trying to sleep in the middle of a party.

At around midnight after the pool had closed, some wedding party was chatting and laughing in the hallway till 5am. I cannot believe this hotel didnt have security quiet them down. Out if control hotel, what a joke.

We asked to be moved and they denied us, claiming the hotel was full(even though I saw plenty of empty rooms). We got very little sleep, and our trip to the zoo was ruined the next day due to lack of sleep.

The room itself was missing soaps, hand lotion, and we found an empty coke can in the bathroom.

Horrific experience. Just horrible. And I can promise you folks, that if you ever have a complaint about this hotel, it will be in one ear, out the other. Just read the vague, insincere responses by management on Trip Advisor. They were exactly like this in person as well. "Next time, we will make your experience better". NEXT time?! Shouldn't they try and make up for your horrific experience THIS time? There wont BE a NEXT time. Of all my years reviewing hotels on Trip Advisor, this hotel goes down as the worst in my hall of shame.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank WonderCat314
There are newer reviews for Delta Toronto East

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We're from the States and stayed for two nights with our kids (9 and 7). Are all people from Canada this nice?? When I called to book the room the week before, the lady I spoke with was super friendly and very helpful. Loved it! When we arrived, the woman at the front desk was extremely cheerful and offered some excellent directions and advice for out-of-towners. The kids really loved the pool and slide -- a definite highlight of the trip fore them.

We went to the zoo, which was easy to get to and close by. Thumbs up for that!

I loved the bathroom -- very large and beautiful. I will say our room didn't have a fridge or a microwave -- I didn't know to request them. But we made do. The ice machines were only on the even floors, which made getting ice a bit inconvenient. Also, breakfast is available for a fee, so factor that in if you're used to a complimentary breakfast.

But I have to say that overall, the hotel's location is super, the cleanliness factor is superb, the in-house restaurants are handy, and you can't beat the customer service.

Of all the hotels we stayed in while in Canada, this one was definitely our favorite!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank roadlesstraveled76
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I regularly stay at this hotel (for the past 4 years) and with every visit I have issues with my bill. I always have charges which I never incurred--something is wrong with this hotel. I never had this issue until the hotel was taken over by it's new owners. It's very frustrating that everytime I check out I need to explain the multiple charges which are not mine.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night on our summer vacation, 2 adults & 2 children. Kids had a blast in the pool area, so did the adults!!! We enjoyed the buffet supper in the restaurant, food was delicious & the service was fantastic!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It is a little family getaway with our grand-children, going to amazement park and spending lots of time in the hotel pools! We were received and welcomed with friendly smiles and attentiveness! She took our concerns seriously and timely when a minor issue was brought to her attention! Restaurant staff were great with the kids and we all had a wonderful time there!
It is close to a major highway and plenty of amenity in the surrounding area! Will surely stay there again!

Room Tip: If you like easy pool access then ask to stay in the west wing bottom three floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tsangs53
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We come back to the Delta every summer with our two little kids. Check-in and bookings are a breeze. The rooms are orderly and clean and quiet.

The kids love that there is a little kid pool (with an age-appropriate froggy slide) and a grown-up pool (with a big twisty water slide). We love that the pools are salt water. Very refreshing!

There is a business centre where you can print things. The hotel WiFi is speedy and free.

We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CnTrvl
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hello again travelers! Another real review, giving you all the details you want to know about when picking a hotel.

Location: This hotel is located right off the 401 in Toronto. Very easy to get to, coming both east and west on the highway. This hotel is visible from the 401. This hotel is situated in a blue collar neighborhood. I wouldn't stray to far away but you'll be safe looking for restaurants or the local Walmart.

Check In/Out: This process took at total of 10 minutes. We booked online and the check in and check out was so simple and fast. This is great if you've got kids who are cranky after a long drive.

The Room: The room was very nice. It was clean, the sheets were clean and the bathroom was fantastic. Very spacious for a 2 double bed room. Usually these rooms are small and cramped but not this one. The bathroom was a very nice size. This is nice, once again, if you have kids and are trying to get out the door for the day.

The food:Very expensive. Sure kids under 10...or 6...I can't remember, eat free but boy do they make it up on the entree meals. Average restaurant meal is ±$16. The breakfast buffet is $21 a person. Just go to the McDonalds in the Walmart down the road and save some dough.

The pool: Great saltwater pool. Nice kids area with a waterslide. The hotub is litterally that, a big hot tub. It fills up quick.

Overall Experience: This place is great if you have little kids. It is close to downtown and many local attractions. Very happy with this Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family