“It served it's purpose”

Ranked #64 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“It served it's purpose”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed overnight for a quick family getaway to the zoo. We took advantage of the zoo package from the delta website. We were happy with the savings of the room package. Make sure to request the extras you may require- like a fridge. Overall it was a good value for our money... a bit outdated.. and no included breakfast... but overall okay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and two kids (ages 12 & 14) stayed here July 13th and 14th. This was a weekend trip to Toronto to go to the zoo, go shopping and take in a show.

I was quite satisfied with this Hotel. It is very clean, the rooms are a good size and the pool area is quite nice. My kids had an awesome time in the pool especially with the water slide. Check in was a little slow but the staff was very professional end courteous. The property is well maintained and the décor is nice but dated in some areas. The hotel is well located if you are going to the zoo. However it was a 30 minute drive to downtown Toronto. If the traffic is good you can probably do it in 20 minutes.

My only pet peeves are there are no queen size beds and the vending machines were empty both nights we were there. I also feel they should upgrade their elevators.

We did not have a fridge in our room which was a minor disappointment. I do believe you can request a room with a fridge.

The price we paid was quite reasonable. (112$ CDN a night)

We have no regrets and would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the East end of Toronto. This is a decent hotel with a great price.

Thank you Delta for a great stay!

1 Thank milomain
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night with a package we purchased through Jaunt. The price was excellent and it included tickets to Canada's Wonderland. The hotel was very clean and all the staff we encountered were very accommodating, friendly and courteous. The rooms were very clean (a bit out dated) but perfect space for the four of us. Our two sons are 12 and 10. The restaurant and in room service are very convenient. The pool was the best we have enjoyed for a hotel. It was very well staffed and there is a seperate pool for the little ones along with a deep end deep enough to dive into. They also have an adult swim for those that don't want to be in the pool with all the kids. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the morning. Kids 12 and under eat free and our package included a $20 voucher for any of their restaurants. It is approximately 40 min to Wonderland but I would definitely stay here again just for the hotel and the price of the packages available too!

Room Tip: There are balcony rooms that overlook the atrium/pool area for those with older kids that don't...
1 Thank Camel52
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my fiancé. Because he was on a business trip, he did not have the opportunity to select his own hotel. The room was just okay. Housekeeping knocked loudly and tried to open our door at 8:00 a.m. our first morning. I'm not sure why she would think we would be out of the room that early! We lost electricity for four hours one evening. While I understand much of the area was without power, the front desk had no information about the situation or when it would be resolved.
This hotel is not convenient to anything....no shops or restaurants within walking distance. I took a taxi downtown which cost $105 round trip. The next day, I walked to a bus stop and transferred to the train. It was easy and inexpensive, but took me an hour to get downtown.
For some reason, this hotel is loaded with families with young children. I am glad we did not have a room near the pool which was very noisy.
The best experience I had at this hotel was at the buffet breakfast. The food was good and the staff extremely friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful observations and opinions of Delta Toronto East. It seems that you stayed with us during the terrible storm that took out power in much of the Greater Toronto Area, and it did regrettably affect us. On the other hand, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast and found our staff extremely friendly

While we are situated only 20 minutes away from the downtown core, we are located in close proximity to major highways providing our guests convenient access to attractions, shopping, and restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our family of four loved this hotel. The kids had a blast on the water slide and we all enjoyed the buffet breakfast. FYI - if you want a fridge in your room, you have to ask - and pay an extra $15. The glass elevator was cool.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am thrilled to read of your family’s positive reaction to Delta Toronto East and all that we have to offer. Our Monster water slide is a huge hit with the children, but it is just one of many features of the hotel that brings back families year after year. We offer numerous family fun packages that feature exciting local attractions such as Toronto Zoo and Canada’s Wonderland. Our location next to a major highway provides convenient access to attractions, shopping, and restaurants.

Recent renovations of the hotel have provided a sleek and modern look to all public spaces, guest rooms and function spaces. Paired with our continual focus on superior customer service, our attempts are to exceed guest expectations.

SCARBOROUGH
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I found two boxes of old Popeyes in the fridge. The general area smelled like stale friend chicken the whole time we were there.

The washroom counter had really weird rusty stains, some of which would come off when I wiped with wet toilet paper.

Heard a major fight upstairs coming in through the washroom vent.

Paid parking is not cool. The machine charged us $45 when the girl at the desk said it should be $12, and she was very reluctant to give us a receipt showing the $33 refund.

Otherwise, it was ok. I'm not a big fan of hotels with connected rooms but that's just a personal preference.

They also had fancy cucumber and orange water.

Won't be coming back though. Waaay too pricey.

Room Tip: Go to the very top to avoid hearing conversations through the washroom vent. Also try to avoid joint...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank h4nw00r1
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience. We truly appreciate guest feedback whether to celebrate our successes or evaluate opportunities for improvement. I am disappointed to learn of some of the shortfalls you experienced during your stay, and I assure you that this is not the quality of service that is typical of our hotel.

Our goal is to be “Home away from home” for all of our guests. We provide stylish and attractive guest rooms with a focus on comfort and cleanliness. We do have connecting rooms available, but if you prefer to not be in a connecting room please let the front desk know and we will ensure your request is accommodated.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly if you return to the area so that I may ensure that you have the genuine Delta experience you deserve.

Ontario
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the hotel recently, my husband, myself and our two year old daughter.

The pool was great, the rooms were great and everything we requested was provided.

We travelled with another couple, and requested adjoining rooms which was a huge bonus with three kids running back and forth!

We had lunch and dinner right at the hotel, as our daughter DID NOT want to leave the pool for a lengthy period of time. All the waiters who served us were very kind and attentive to our toddler's needs. Also, kids eat free!

Enjoy your trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

It is wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Delta Toronto East. Our team of dedicated staff work diligently to ensure that all guest requests are accommodated, ensuring that your stay is a positive experience from the moment you arrive.

Families truly appreciate our children’s dining program, which enables children 6 and under to east for free, and children 7 to 12 for half price from the adult menu. This is just one of our many initiatives that make us such a family friendly destination. Our pool and waterslides keep them entertained for hours, while the hot tub and sauna’s are a great way for the adults to relax and rejuvenate.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay