“Just okay”
Review of Delta Toronto East

Delta Toronto East
Ranked #63 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my fiancé. Because he was on a business trip, he did not have the opportunity to select his own hotel. The room was just okay. Housekeeping knocked loudly and tried to open our door at 8:00 a.m. our first morning. I'm not sure why she would think we would be out of the room that early! We lost electricity for four hours one evening. While I understand much of the area was without power, the front desk had no information about the situation or when it would be resolved.
This hotel is not convenient to anything....no shops or restaurants within walking distance. I took a taxi downtown which cost $105 round trip. The next day, I walked to a bus stop and transferred to the train. It was easy and inexpensive, but took me an hour to get downtown.
For some reason, this hotel is loaded with families with young children. I am glad we did not have a room near the pool which was very noisy.
The best experience I had at this hotel was at the buffet breakfast. The food was good and the staff extremely friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful observations and opinions of Delta Toronto East. It seems that you stayed with us during the terrible storm that took out power in much of the Greater Toronto Area, and it did regrettably affect us. On the other hand, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast and found our staff extremely friendly

While we are situated only 20 minutes away from the downtown core, we are located in close proximity to major highways providing our guests convenient access to attractions, shopping, and restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our family of four loved this hotel. The kids had a blast on the water slide and we all enjoyed the buffet breakfast. FYI - if you want a fridge in your room, you have to ask - and pay an extra $15. The glass elevator was cool.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I am thrilled to read of your family’s positive reaction to Delta Toronto East and all that we have to offer. Our Monster water slide is a huge hit with the children, but it is just one of many features of the hotel that brings back families year after year. We offer numerous family fun packages that feature exciting local attractions such as Toronto Zoo and Canada’s Wonderland. Our location next to a major highway provides convenient access to attractions, shopping, and restaurants.

Recent renovations of the hotel have provided a sleek and modern look to all public spaces, guest rooms and function spaces. Paired with our continual focus on superior customer service, our attempts are to exceed guest expectations.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I found two boxes of old Popeyes in the fridge. The general area smelled like stale friend chicken the whole time we were there.

The washroom counter had really weird rusty stains, some of which would come off when I wiped with wet toilet paper.

Heard a major fight upstairs coming in through the washroom vent.

Paid parking is not cool. The machine charged us $45 when the girl at the desk said it should be $12, and she was very reluctant to give us a receipt showing the $33 refund.

Otherwise, it was ok. I'm not a big fan of hotels with connected rooms but that's just a personal preference.

They also had fancy cucumber and orange water.

Won't be coming back though. Waaay too pricey.

Room Tip: Go to the very top to avoid hearing conversations through the washroom vent. Also try to avoid joint...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h4nw00r1

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience. We truly appreciate guest feedback whether to celebrate our successes or evaluate opportunities for improvement. I am disappointed to learn of some of the shortfalls you experienced during your stay, and I assure you that this is not the quality of service that is typical of our hotel.

Our goal is to be “Home away from home” for all of our guests. We provide stylish and attractive guest rooms with a focus on comfort and cleanliness. We do have connecting rooms available, but if you prefer to not be in a connecting room please let the front desk know and we will ensure your request is accommodated.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly if you return to the area so that I may ensure that you have the genuine Delta experience you deserve.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the hotel recently, my husband, myself and our two year old daughter.

The pool was great, the rooms were great and everything we requested was provided.

We travelled with another couple, and requested adjoining rooms which was a huge bonus with three kids running back and forth!

We had lunch and dinner right at the hotel, as our daughter DID NOT want to leave the pool for a lengthy period of time. All the waiters who served us were very kind and attentive to our toddler's needs. Also, kids eat free!

Enjoy your trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

It is wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Delta Toronto East. Our team of dedicated staff work diligently to ensure that all guest requests are accommodated, ensuring that your stay is a positive experience from the moment you arrive.

Families truly appreciate our children’s dining program, which enables children 6 and under to east for free, and children 7 to 12 for half price from the adult menu. This is just one of our many initiatives that make us such a family friendly destination. Our pool and waterslides keep them entertained for hours, while the hot tub and sauna’s are a great way for the adults to relax and rejuvenate.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay

Reviewed July 11, 2013

First stay at this hotel in Scarborough. Right at Kennedy and 401. Large hotel with very comfortable beds and bedding. This is always the detail that is the most important to me. Also very clean.
Really surprised so many hotels are charging for the parking! I understand paying for parking in cities espeicially right downtown but this is way outside of the city core! Simply greed of the hotel owners!
All the same a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Delta Toronto East. Our Delta Sanctuary bedding is a signature pillow top mattress and you can now enjoy it in the comforts of your home.

Our hotel parking lot is operated by Target Park, to ensure we have sufficient parking for our guests. While we have a few value added packages that include overnight parking we have recently decreased our parking fees to $12, based on the competitive analysis in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our second time staying here.

The first time last year at the same time of year for a kids event we were taking our kids to in Toronto. During our stay last year we had to move to a second room as after we un packed and opened the bathroom door the bathroom hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests!!

This time staying there the room was clean but the staff gave you the impression from check-in to anything being done there you were an Inconvenience.

We had to call 3 times to get a cot and you would think that since your paying for it you would kind of get it right away.

Then you had to call back again just to get a pillow for it????

The only friendly staff that I could find were the lifeguards. They were amazing with the kids and adults!!!

Next year we will be at a different hotel that appreciates having our business.

*on a side note when booking confirm all details as this hotel now charges guests for parking!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike B

Dear Valued Guest,

I am saddened to read that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide a comfortable and relaxing experience for each guest and it dismays me to read you felt otherwise.

If travel plans bring you back to Toronto please contact me personally and I will ensure my team and I do everything in our power to ensure you have a true Delta experience.

Azhar Kharaj

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel more for business in area but large pool with slide, games, and fitness/spa area too. Brunch good but $16. Parking $16 too. Service great. Good location if you have car. Subway stop to Toronto is 10 mins away by car-then about 30 min subway ride to CN tower with subway line change. Scarborough bluffs 10 mins away by car. Good hotel if in the area but others are better if spending all time in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful assessment of Delta Toronto East. As you have experienced first hand, we are a very family friendly hotel. Conveniently located next to major highways; our location is very accessible to downtown Toronto, yet also well-situated for attractions such as the Toronto Zoo, Ontario Science Centre and Canada’s Wonderland. For guests without a vehicle, a TTC bus stops just steps from the hotel entrance.

We look forward to welcoming you again.