“Excellent Stay!”

Ranked #64 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
canada
“Excellent Stay!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

First stay at this hotel in Scarborough. Right at Kennedy and 401. Large hotel with very comfortable beds and bedding. This is always the detail that is the most important to me. Also very clean.
Really surprised so many hotels are charging for the parking! I understand paying for parking in cities espeicially right downtown but this is way outside of the city core! Simply greed of the hotel owners!
All the same a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Delta Toronto East. Our Delta Sanctuary bedding is a signature pillow top mattress and you can now enjoy it in the comforts of your home.

Our hotel parking lot is operated by Target Park, to ensure we have sufficient parking for our guests. While we have a few value added packages that include overnight parking we have recently decreased our parking fees to $12, based on the competitive analysis in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Azhar Kheraj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Smiths Falls, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our second time staying here.

The first time last year at the same time of year for a kids event we were taking our kids to in Toronto. During our stay last year we had to move to a second room as after we un packed and opened the bathroom door the bathroom hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests!!

This time staying there the room was clean but the staff gave you the impression from check-in to anything being done there you were an Inconvenience.

We had to call 3 times to get a cot and you would think that since your paying for it you would kind of get it right away.

Then you had to call back again just to get a pillow for it????

The only friendly staff that I could find were the lifeguards. They were amazing with the kids and adults!!!

Next year we will be at a different hotel that appreciates having our business.

*on a side note when booking confirm all details as this hotel now charges guests for parking!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike B
Dear Valued Guest,

I am saddened to read that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide a comfortable and relaxing experience for each guest and it dismays me to read you felt otherwise.

If travel plans bring you back to Toronto please contact me personally and I will ensure my team and I do everything in our power to ensure you have a true Delta experience.

Azhar Kharaj
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel more for business in area but large pool with slide, games, and fitness/spa area too. Brunch good but $16. Parking $16 too. Service great. Good location if you have car. Subway stop to Toronto is 10 mins away by car-then about 30 min subway ride to CN tower with subway line change. Scarborough bluffs 10 mins away by car. Good hotel if in the area but others are better if spending all time in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful assessment of Delta Toronto East. As you have experienced first hand, we are a very family friendly hotel. Conveniently located next to major highways; our location is very accessible to downtown Toronto, yet also well-situated for attractions such as the Toronto Zoo, Ontario Science Centre and Canada’s Wonderland. For guests without a vehicle, a TTC bus stops just steps from the hotel entrance.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a nice hotel to stay in. Quiet. I love the free wifi in the room and also the iHome system whereby I can charge my iPhone can listen to nice music while I sleep. The only thing is that his hotl is not located near the city and when I want to travel to the city centre, I had to go onto the highway which is congested.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jayden_Ng
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your observations on Delta Toronto East. We place high importance on guest opinion, as by understanding your needs we are better able to achieve our goals in service. I am pleased that you appreciated the Internet services. We are proud to provide complimentary WiFi to all guests not only in public spaces, but also guest rooms.

Though we are not located in downtown Toronto, we are situated next to major highways that make it very convenient to get into the downtown core in a short time. Delta Toronto East has a number of leisure packages available that focus on popular attractions in our vicinity, such as Toronto Zoo and Ontario Science Centre.

We greatly value your business and hope to welcome you back soon

Riverview, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here one night and got the family deal. For $160, I got a fantastic room (special thanks to the very friendly staff member eho upgraded us), plus 4 tickets to the Ontario Science Centre for the next day (our 8 & 3 year old children had a blast). The pool area was fantastic, my older daughter loved the big water slide, and my young son loved the water slide in the kiddie area! My only complaint were that the elevators were REALLY slow!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your family’s recent experience at Delta Toronto East. It is very important to us not only to offer a superior room product and high quality customer service, but also that it is provided at an outstanding value to our guests. The Ontario Science Centre is only one of our numerous family leisure packages, presenting entertaining alternatives for those who are looking to stay close to Toronto. Our most successful attraction, as you have learned through your children, is our indoor saltwater pool and waterslides, which attracts families back year after year.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Regards,
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family booked a night at this lovely hotel and got the Zoo passes for free.
The zoo passes alone were enough for me to recommend the hotel, but I feel I should also comment on the hotel itself.
Great clean rooms with a wonderful staff! You really feel like you are in a 4 star hotel - gorgeous, spacious bathrooms and all the amenities.
The rooms are quite and I can't stress enough how lovely and clean they were.
The pool with the water slide was awesome, the kids LOVED it!
It is only 10 - 15 minutes from the zoo and also close to a huge shopping center... should you need to buy a bathing suite... in case you for got to bring one.. like me... lol

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken M
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so delighted to read that your stay at Delta Toronto East was such a success. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that each guest has such an experience. Being the official hotel of the Toronto Zoo and only a short drive away, our Family Zoo package is a huge success year after year.

We take great pride in the quality of services we offer. Having undergone a multi million dollar renovation recently we have made a vast difference to our property, with guest rooms receiving a fresh and modern decor. Room cleanliness is a top priority and I am so pleased by your acknowledgement of this.

Delta Toronto East is very family friendly, from our Monster water slide that your family enjoyed, to the Children’s Dining Program, every family is sure to have a wonderful experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Easy check in, easy to find my room on the 6th floor, View was of the roof of the delta. Didn't look outside much.Very family friendly with the pool and meal options. Bed was very comfortable, pillows, not so much. We had a standard room with 2 double beds. There was enough space to throw down our suitcases and the bathroom was clean. The location is right off the hwy which made it very accessible. Went to the zoo (very close) and got soaked. Requested 3 robes when we got back to the hotel and they sent them up 20min later. I was happy. Staff seemed eager to please. Towels at pool was abundant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant experience at our property and that the “staff seemed eager to please”.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Regards,