“In Scarborough on 401- higher end hotel with pool”
Review of Delta Toronto East

Delta Toronto East
Ranked #65 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Houston, Texas
“In Scarborough on 401- higher end hotel with pool”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel more for business in area but large pool with slide, games, and fitness/spa area too. Brunch good but $16. Parking $16 too. Service great. Good location if you have car. Subway stop to Toronto is 10 mins away by car-then about 30 min subway ride to CN tower with subway line change. Scarborough bluffs 10 mins away by car. Good hotel if in the area but others are better if spending all time in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed July 2013
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful assessment of Delta Toronto East. As you have experienced first hand, we are a very family friendly hotel. Conveniently located next to major highways; our location is very accessible to downtown Toronto, yet also well-situated for attractions such as the Toronto Zoo, Ontario Science Centre and Canada’s Wonderland. For guests without a vehicle, a TTC bus stops just steps from the hotel entrance.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Azhar Kheraj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a nice hotel to stay in. Quiet. I love the free wifi in the room and also the iHome system whereby I can charge my iPhone can listen to nice music while I sleep. The only thing is that his hotl is not located near the city and when I want to travel to the city centre, I had to go onto the highway which is congested.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jayden_Ng
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your observations on Delta Toronto East. We place high importance on guest opinion, as by understanding your needs we are better able to achieve our goals in service. I am pleased that you appreciated the Internet services. We are proud to provide complimentary WiFi to all guests not only in public spaces, but also guest rooms.

Though we are not located in downtown Toronto, we are situated next to major highways that make it very convenient to get into the downtown core in a short time. Delta Toronto East has a number of leisure packages available that focus on popular attractions in our vicinity, such as Toronto Zoo and Ontario Science Centre.

We greatly value your business and hope to welcome you back soon

Riverview, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here one night and got the family deal. For $160, I got a fantastic room (special thanks to the very friendly staff member eho upgraded us), plus 4 tickets to the Ontario Science Centre for the next day (our 8 & 3 year old children had a blast). The pool area was fantastic, my older daughter loved the big water slide, and my young son loved the water slide in the kiddie area! My only complaint were that the elevators were REALLY slow!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your family’s recent experience at Delta Toronto East. It is very important to us not only to offer a superior room product and high quality customer service, but also that it is provided at an outstanding value to our guests. The Ontario Science Centre is only one of our numerous family leisure packages, presenting entertaining alternatives for those who are looking to stay close to Toronto. Our most successful attraction, as you have learned through your children, is our indoor saltwater pool and waterslides, which attracts families back year after year.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Regards,
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family booked a night at this lovely hotel and got the Zoo passes for free.
The zoo passes alone were enough for me to recommend the hotel, but I feel I should also comment on the hotel itself.
Great clean rooms with a wonderful staff! You really feel like you are in a 4 star hotel - gorgeous, spacious bathrooms and all the amenities.
The rooms are quite and I can't stress enough how lovely and clean they were.
The pool with the water slide was awesome, the kids LOVED it!
It is only 10 - 15 minutes from the zoo and also close to a huge shopping center... should you need to buy a bathing suite... in case you for got to bring one.. like me... lol

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken M
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so delighted to read that your stay at Delta Toronto East was such a success. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that each guest has such an experience. Being the official hotel of the Toronto Zoo and only a short drive away, our Family Zoo package is a huge success year after year.

We take great pride in the quality of services we offer. Having undergone a multi million dollar renovation recently we have made a vast difference to our property, with guest rooms receiving a fresh and modern decor. Room cleanliness is a top priority and I am so pleased by your acknowledgement of this.

Delta Toronto East is very family friendly, from our Monster water slide that your family enjoyed, to the Children’s Dining Program, every family is sure to have a wonderful experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Easy check in, easy to find my room on the 6th floor, View was of the roof of the delta. Didn't look outside much.Very family friendly with the pool and meal options. Bed was very comfortable, pillows, not so much. We had a standard room with 2 double beds. There was enough space to throw down our suitcases and the bathroom was clean. The location is right off the hwy which made it very accessible. Went to the zoo (very close) and got soaked. Requested 3 robes when we got back to the hotel and they sent them up 20min later. I was happy. Staff seemed eager to please. Towels at pool was abundant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Services Manager at Delta Toronto East, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant experience at our property and that the “staff seemed eager to please”.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The pool is great, the location is convenient.
The building is a bit dated and there was someone else's hair in the bathroom, it could have been cleaner.
We wanted to be near the zoo and our child loved the pool so it was a good choice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am please to read that you and your children enjoyed our saltwater pool during your recent visit. While we recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation I am saddened to read that the washroom was not cleaned to our standard and I apologize for the inconvenience you incurred.

If travel plans bring you back to Toronto please contact me personally and I will ensure you have wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you.

Toronto
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here one night on business and loved it! Typically I have trouble sleeping in a different bed then I am used to but not at this hotel. The bedding was luxurious, the bed super comfy; I fell asleep easily and slept straight through until my alarm went off next morning. It's a great hotel. They make sure you are well taken care of: from the friendly front desk staff who are happy to help in anyway to make sure you enjoy your stay, to the little extra hospitality touches like the fruit infused water in the lobby, and the greeter at the front desk to facilitate checkout in the AM. The pool was very nice and even had a water slide which I unfortunately wasn't able to take advantage of. I stayed on the 11th floor and took an elevator made of glass with an outside view as I zoomed up to my floor - very cool!

I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in town. My only regret is that I wasn't able to arrive a little earlier in the evening to enjoy the hotel more on this visit!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travelsleuth99
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at Delta Toronto East. The Delta Sanctuary bedding that you enjoyed so much is a signature feature of the Delta brand.

The recent conversion of our indoor pool to salt water has been a huge success. The Monster water slide you mentioned is a huge hit, but for guests looking for some rejuvenation; our hot tub, saunas and spa are ideal for relaxation.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back for another stay