Delta Hotels Toronto East
$365
$334
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewskiddie poolhot tubhockey tournamentgreat poolomelette stationmarch breakbreakfast buffetminute driveroom was clean and comfortabletoronto areaking bedupon checknaganoatriumsciencedowntowncot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The interior decorations and facilities, is the plus points for this hotel. It is suitable for all sort of travelers. The rooms is nice and comfort. The only problem is it is quite a distance from the other commercial area. So, if you wish to buy somethings, you need to get the cab or you need to drive out.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Azhar_Kheraj, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for sharing your recent experience and pictures of our property on Trip Advisor. Having recently completed a multi million dollar renovation of our public areas, restaurants and guest rooms I am delighted to read that you appreciate the difference.

While we are located in close proximity to major highways and malls we are situated 25 Kilometers North East of the Downtown core. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very nice hotel that caters to both families and business travelers. It has a very nice swimming pool and slides for youngsters. The breakfast buffet is excellent. I've never tried the oriental restaurant, but I've heard it is real good. Rooms have all the required necessities, are clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Had a 2-night weekend stay for a weekend business trip. Originally I would have considered this hotel to be above average, towards the higher-end but I felt like it was more like a motel. The hotel was completely overrun with hockey teams, kids and their parents. Finding parking was extremely difficult. The pool area was very loud, and jammed with kids. Too bad it's not separated from the lobby area - but so be it, it's the lobby. What I did not like was having to run the gauntlet to get to the elevator, only to have to wait a long time. Then we would often find the elevators would have every button pressed, which made for quite the hassle being on an upper-floor room.

Rather than socializing in their rooms, many of the families set up shop in the area around the elevators - like they were in their lawns chairs in the backyard. Being near the elevators, the noise travelled up and down the elevator well to spread throughout the hotel. Every time the elevator door opened it felt like you were getting a quick glace of a private party. In the morning the scene wasn't pretty either with empties all over the place.

Had dinner in the smaller restaurant/lounge and while it was a good meal, the neighbouring guests made for some pretty low-brow moments. This included a guy rolling in with only his bathing suit on. He stayed just outside the lounge, but might as well have been in - and yelling back and forth with people he knew sitting in the back. Then he found a jacket to put on and came in, and proceeded to drop f-bombs left and right for all to hear.

I'm not trying to be a snob at all, but the recent clientele of this hotel (as also noted in a review a few below mine) does not match the image most would expect to see at a Delta hotel. I've stayed at this hotel at least 4 times and this was easily the worst experience of them all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ohlradio

Dear Valued Guest,

I am saddened to read that your recent experience at our property was not up to your expectation; while we cater to both corporate and leisure clientele we strive to ensure that each guest has a superior experience at our property.

Our Guest Services and security team would have been pleased to offer you a room move if we were made aware of your situation. I can personally assure that if given another opportunity we will ensure you have a relaxing and renewing time at our property. Please feel free to contact me personally if travel plans bring you back to Toronto.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at all the Deltas in Toronto and this is my favorite. It has the right mix of family and business. I do wish they had a sofa/king room like the others though.

The pool is phenomenal and we spent half our getaway in it, I'm still a prune. But I'm not quite sure the pool is only salt water as my wife's psoriasis flared up after swimming for awhile. Still was better than most and lots of fun with a kids area and slide for bigger kids.

The room was comfortable but we spent a night on the lower noisy floor in a standard king overlooking the pool before being upgraded to the top floor in a deluxe. I appreciated the move as it was much quieter. Not much difference in the rooms with the exception the bed seemed a lot comfier. Rooms were clean and updated.

The staff were excellent at the front desk and house keeping. They responded to every request right away and with a smile. Can't say enough about the service from them.

Dining, on the other hand, is a mess. We didn't eat at the restaurants because we were unable to remortgage our house. The prices are ridiculous for what is so obviously a family oriented hotel in many ways. All three restaurants are very expensive. We opted for room service the first night and waited over 30 minutes to even order because no one answered, 45 minutes then for our order to arrive. My 4 year old was starving and I was not impressed with the wait or the food. Clubhouse had no mayo on it or on the side and no answer when I called back to get some. Why not offer an affordable alternative like other Deltas do? Eating off site is inconvenient but I'm not paying $20 for bacon and eggs.

Parking should be free as this is not a premium location but its $12.

Parking and dining aside we enjoyed it. But I would maybe stay at the Chelsea next time because of the dining.

• Stayed: March 2013
Azhar_Kheraj, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our indoor heated salt water pool, and that your kids enjoyed our waterslides.

We are proud of our newly renovated rooms; we have just completed renovations to all our public space and restaurants. We can assure you that our meal prices are very competitive to hotels in and around our area.

I am also pleased to read that you appreciated the hospitality from our Front Desk and Housekeeping associates during you recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Regards;

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked this hotel because our daughter had a gymnastics competition early the next morning. We were booked under a group rate which was excellent, lower than the CAA or other reduced rates I qualify to book.

Upon check-in we had to wait over 15 minutes. There were only 2 women at the desk and the line up was soon to the door. Neither of the women acknowledged the line of people, told us a timeframe we should expect to wait, or even greeted us when we got to the front of the counter. There wasn't one line so the next person went to the first available agent. People had to line up behind one of the front desk agents and hope their line moved the quickest. Well a woman with 5 kids was at the front of one line and the whole time we were in line, over 20 minutes, she never moved. Her kids were using the luggage rack as their own play cart and she, nor the front desk agent asked them to stop. For their good behaviour they all got a special treat bag. So the child with the woman who was checking in at the other line started to whine that they wanted one too to the other front desk agent went and got another. My two kids, who were waiting quietly never got one. Not a great message to the kids: only bad behaviour is rewarded at this hotel.

When we got to our room I was a bit worried as there were very noticable lumps in one of the beds, it reminded me of my cat when I was a kid that used to sleep under the covers! It turned out to be a lumpy duvet and not the mattress. We were given a room right on the highway and I was worried about noise but we didn't hear any. What did bother me was the constant movement out of the window as I get dizzy from it (Meniere's disease) so we had to keep the curtains closed. Because of this we found the lighting in the room unsufficient.

But it was the kids running in the halls and playing in the two (very slow) elevators that bothered us the most. Yelling and screaming went on for hours. The elevators are very slow and a wait of over 5 minutes was not unusual. We were near the end of the 6th floor hallway and there is a window at the end so it turns out the parents would keep their doors open with the lock out and let their kids run in the halls. I went out and stopped a group of about 8 of them and they just looked at me like I was crazy. I told them it is not safe to run in the halls and they were waking people up. Then I heard the mother calling her kids back by yelling and swearing....she was barefoot in the hall going from room to room with open beer.

Turns out there were 4 seperate hockey teams in the hotel. That explained the noise. My kids were afraid of going near the pool as it was so loud and busy. There was a sign that said there was an age restriction for the hot tub but it was full of kids under 12 with adult males surrounding it sitting in chairs. Not very welcoming for someone not with a perfect bathing suit body and not part of their group. There were no chairs to be had either. The on duty lifeguards didn't seem to notice; if they did notice they did nothing about it.

But the noise! Since the pool is open to the lobby and the Whiteside restaurant is open to the lobby, it is equally noisy. We went to dinner early since we had to leave the hotel by 7:00. The restaurant was nice but loud. Since it is open concept when people come in/out of the hotel there would be a rush of cold air in the restaurant and I needed to have a sweater or coat.

We were told the breakfast would open at 6:30. But when we arrived at 6:30 we were told that it didn't open until 7:00. So we checked out and went to Tim Hortons and all ate for less than the cost of one in the hotel's restaurant.

Overall I found the room to be nice. The lighting could be improved and the coffee area is very small. There was no mini fridge. The bathroom is large, there is a desk and a chair with table and light by the window. Our room had two beds which were comfortable despite the lumpy duvets.

Just know that there is a high probablily if you stay on the weekend that you will have groups booked in with you.

We did NOT have to pay for parking.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise try to get an upper floor, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 2plus2-9

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your detailed experience on Trip advisor. We pride ourselves in offering a superior level of service and product to all our guests and it is truly unfortunate that you did not receive a relaxing and renewing experience.

We cater to both corporate as well as leisure and sports teams, however we do take necessary steps to ensure our guests are not disturbed in any way.

I apologize for the confusion around our restaurant hours. If travel plans bring you back to Toronto please feel free to contact me personally and I can assure you that your stay will be nothing less than perfect.