Lobby - Welcoming and holds true to their motto "urban resort". I feel like they could use some new speakers though... The music creates such an akward radio- music, which really did not suit the decor.
Rooms - We had the basic 2 Double Bed rooms situated on the 2nd floor. I think it was supposed to be a Queen sized bed but it looked more like Double beds. Which was pretty disappointing. The lighting was pretty dim, and the bathroom was really small. Also, the heater/ac switch was basically an on/off thing, but can't control how hot/cold it is... or at least the button/temperature thing was stuck on "wait"... whatever that meant.
Parking - Free for us since it was a part of the deal we got but the parking lot was pretty packed. I would've paid a little bit more if there was underground parking available (not offered)
Indoor Pool - The indoor pool looked so good in pictures and basically what made us want to celebrate new years eve here. But it's a little disappointing once you get there. First of all, we had issues locating the actual pool and you basically have to know that it's that it' a part of the R--something club. Then you get there and there was basically no lighting. Which, I guess is nice to have some dim lighting for the evening, but it's got that dim that's pretty much fine-line creepy.
Breakfast - For $13.95, they had the breakfast buffet from something like 7am-1pm (time may vary, but this was on for new years eve/day. Definitely worth it, the fresh croissants and the unlimited salmon and cottage cheese got me. I wish that they made fresh eggs benedict along with the customized omelettes. --not everyone wants a ham/meat eggs benedict.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Toronto Don Valley Hotel is a spa like resort located near downtown Toronto where guests can relax in comfort. This Toronto resort offers a variety of vacation packages to suit any budget, meeting facilities, wedding venues, and multiple dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Toronto Don Valley Hotel North York
- Toronto Don Valley Hotel And Suites
- Crowne Plaza North York
- North York Crowne Plaza