“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked this weekend to relax and relaxed I was in this beautiful cozy renovated hotel, first when I got in I told the clerk that I was in Toronto to rest and that I would be in my room a lot so he right away upgraded me without question. I was in a cozy renovated room on the 3rd floor it was modern and continued the color theme of the whole hotel the colors are spas like aqua grays browns and whites even the staff all wore the Aqua tops or ties, I spend the day enjoying the hotel went swimming at a beautiful indoor pool they just don't make them like this anymore. The hot tub jets were not working well but thats ok. After the swim I went for an amazing lunch at the restaurant in the lobby the food was out of this world so tasty and not bad prices. The air in the hotel is fresh and clean everything was perfect, I will be back thats for sure.

Room Tip: Make sure u are in a renovated room. And try the food at the restaurant.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Finnish first
Parry Sound, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a very quiet hotel in a very good location. Easy access for the Don Valley Parkway both North and South. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Though this is not a new hotel. There was an issue with one elevator so we made sure to avoid it, there is a ceiling tile missing from the 5th floor, which looks horrible. The pool is very nice and warm, but the hot tub was not working.
We did ask for joint rooms when booking the hotel but where told at check in they were not available. The first room we were given was too far from the other room so we asked to change, this was done quickly and someone called after it was done to make sure everything was alright. This hotel is not the Ritz but you have to expect to get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you are travelling in the winter and don't need a balcony go to the fifth floor. It is quiet...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I never write hotel reviews but this was the absolute worst experience I've ever had staying at a hotel.

Upon check in, we were greeted to a friendly receptionist. The lobby was exactly shown on the Expedia site. The room which was on the 4th floor was NOT what I imagined. It was a non-smoking room but it REEKED of cigarettes and there was noticeable dirt stains on the floor. I was disappointed but would have remained in the room had it not been for the 'kinder surprises' I found in the toilet. Clearly, the room was not given a thorough cleaning. I immediately requested a new room. Rishi, the onsite supervisor, was very sympathetic and immediately provided me with a room upgrade on the 6th executive floor. The room was definitely an upgrade. However, the people next door were very loud and appeared to be arguing. We heard things being thrown around, and thuds against the walls. The loud group continued their arguing in the hallway where they smoked and threw garbage everywhere. We were frightened to ask them to quiet down -- so, we called the front desk downstairs. Front desk went up to inspect immediately and even came to our door to apologize. But the loud fighting continued throughout the night. It was a sleep-less night.

I was very disappointed by our stay. The only saving grace was Rishi and the other receptionist. But the quality of the hotel was definitely shoddy and the cleanliness is left to be desired.

Bottom line: stay somewhere else!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Harsbars

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Kitchener
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The lobby and pool areas are nice, but the hallways and rooms are less than presentable. Half the doors on the floor have paint blotches that do not match the original colour and the wallpaper needs replacing. The room had a 1990 20 inch CRT TV. Channels were also very limited. Location, amenities, and price considered, $100 a night is okay, but I wouldn't pay anything more. I was very disappointed with the quality difference suggested by their website and the actual conditions at the hotel. Even after talking with guests in the 'executive suites,' it seems that this quality discrepancy is an issue at every level.

Room Tip: see if they can promise a renovated room when booking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night on a Saturday in November. My wife just came out of hospital in the morning and due to problems at own home, we were not able to stay in our own home. Found the hotel on Hotels.com. We were just hoping for a nice place to stay, but both of us were quite happy with the whole hotel. There was no noise in our room, the restaurant food was really good, reception staff very friendly, indoor pool, fitness area very nice. The hotel was way above our expectations based on price of room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Problem with another hotel in Toronto meant we had to find a hotel fast near business we were visiting. Just walked in and got two rooms straight away. Efficient helpful service, good clean rooms, etc. Bistro and bar staff charming. Good pool and hot tub. Buffet breakfast ok but spoilt as area overloaded by large coach parties staying and needed more staff to cope and refill supplies quickly. Ok on holiday but not so good when in hurry to get to work. Tom Hortons across road very useful!

• Stayed October 2012
Windsor Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights.The hotel looks fabulous, spacious, and modern. Rooms were standard, good comfy beds, clean, modern, bathroom. Every thing you need is there. When I asked for a corkscrew, it was brought to my room within 2 min...no charge. Friendly accommodating staff, and a good buffet breakfast, all at just about the cheapest price in all of Toronto. Will certainly come back for my next TO trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family