“Don't Let The Pictures Be Your Guide”

Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
Ranked #74 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Nashville
“Don't Let The Pictures Be Your Guide”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in September 2012. At first glance on their website it looked like a great hotel. However, what you see isn't exactly what you get. The hotel is not worth the $140-$150.00 per night. The rooms are slightly better than a Hampton Inn. The breakfast was one of the worst I've had. I couldn't tell the difference between their asian soup and their oatmeal.
I was craving oatmeal but when I saw it I was craving going somewhere else for breakfast.
In addition, breakfast is way overpriced and the service is mediocre at best.
The one good thing I can say about this hotel is that the fitness centre is excellent.
There are no amenities nearby which was another thing I didn't like.
As for cleanliness, it would fit into the "average" category.
When walking down the hallway to the rooms you get a feeling of old, dark and not too inviting.
I would say shop around before settling for this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
kevipor, General Manager at Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear mambojo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your honest feedback. I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us was less than perfect and your overall experience was not to your satisfaction.
We are currently revamping our menus and have just completed our DV bar | bistro, so please be assured that there will be new items for our breakfast buffet and a la carte menu and I hope to that you will come back and visit us so we can turn your experience around!
Please feel free to email me directly at sdeocampo@torontopreferredhotel.com

Regards,

Customer Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Fort erie on
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at the Don Valley Toronto Hotel Sept 12th for one nite
what a perfect hotel i can not say a bad thing about the hotel. the room was spotless and very comfortable all my requests were filled to my liking the hotel itself is beauitful and the food is supurb . i stayed on the sixth floor room 622
the Staff are the best and most helpful
i will always stay there when in toronto.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear JamesForterieon,

Thank you for the positive feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience. Did you know that we are now part of the Preferred Hotel Group?
You can easily become an iprefer member (complimentary loyalty program) and receive instant benefits every time you stay! If you have any further questions or if there is anything I can do to enhance your experience please feel free to email directly at sdeocampo@torontopreferredhotel.com

Regards,

ottawa
Reviewed August 30, 2012

In a pinch i ended up at this hotel (when I walked out of the place I was suppose to stay) the rooms were very clean and comfortable. the floor we were on was being renovated so there was some debris and half painted doors in the hall but this did not affect the stay at all. Next time I bring my swim suit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
kevipor, General Manager at Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am glad to hear that you ended up at our hotel and had a great experience! We are looking forward to having you stay with us again. If there is anything further we can do to make your experience please feel free to contact me directly at sdeocampo@torontopreferredhotel.com

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the Toronto Don Valley Hotel and Suites for my best friends wedding. The wedding party had booked their rooms there so I decided it would be most convenient. When I arrived, the lobby was bright and refreshing and when I entered my newly renovated room, I was blown away by how it compared to some of the Westin's I have stayed at in the past. It was very spacious and bright and had a cozy king sized bed. In the morning, I had breakfast at the buffet, it was delicious, everything I needed to start my day off right. I spent a few hours at the pool in the early afternoon with some friends and it was like being at a tropical resort, the pool was clean, the lounge chairs were neatly arranged. It was the perfect way to cap off a busy weekend. Thank you so much for a fabulous stay!!

Room Tip: The newly renovated rooms are amazing,very crisp and clean decor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Krislov,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for the all the positive feedback! I am glad to hear that you had a great experience and enjoyed your time while visiting for your friends wedding.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

London, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I love this hotel. I always call them direct rather than booking through a service and they will give me the best deals, and will arrange a full buffet breakfast included. The pool is warm for the kids and the concierge is more than approachable for any issue. We have stayed here numerous times and have done so annually. One of our kids lost a white fox webkin in the laundry (it was in the bed) and the manager "found it" and mailed it to our home....how sweet is that? I've eaten dinner with the kids at the restaurant, as well, they were OK with me taking a glass of wine up to my room for after our swim and sauna. I wasn't big on the $30 room service pizza that was terrible and advertised for $8.... that was my only bad experience. The location is near shops of Don Mills and the Science Centre, and a direct bus to the downtown core for subways anywhere.....love this place.

Room Tip: The double rooms overlooking the domed pool are quiet, but not a view of the city. I don;t like the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your positive experience with us. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us.
We just recently revamped our DV bar | bistro menu and have a whole new pizza menu I am sure you and your family will love!
If you are booking directly I highly recommend that you become an iprefer member (if you are not already) as you receive instantaneous benefits such as compliment upgrades, amenity and many more.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like more information at sdeocampo@torontopreferredhotel.com

Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We recently hosted a function at the Don Valley Hotel Toronto, we were pleasantly surprised with the hotels renovations and great service

The hotel was extremely helpful during the planning of the event and made it very easy for us.
Our function was at the ballroom. Food was great! Service was above and beyond! We all had very positive feedback and our event was successful

We stayed overnight and took 2 rooms overlooking their outdoor swimming pool. The newly renovated rooms were very nice and we had a chance to swim at their indoor domed swimming pool

If you are planning an event in Toronto and dont want to pay high downtown prices, the Don Valley Hotel is a great option!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear richardY,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for the positive feedback! I will be sure to let my team know how great of a job they did.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Hotel used to be a crowne plaza. It has had some recent renovations, but the room I stayed in was not clean. I asked to be changed to another room. The executive floor is nicer. Overall, after one night I changed hotels. After a discussion with the manager I recieved a full discount. There is a Weston a little further north that is more expensive but much more comfortable. Remind me to never stay at non chain hotels.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear simyoo,

We appreciate your honesty and feedback. I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us was less than perfect. We have now completed the first phase of our renovations and are fast approaching the second phase which will have all of our rooms upgraded with new amenities as well.
I most certainly would like to invite you back so we can turn your experience around. Please feel free to email me directly at sdeocampo@torontopreferredhotel.com