“Stayed here for business”

Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
Ranked #74 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis for business. Rooms are always clean. Free wifi for guests. Free breakfast if you are booked for the week. Simple buffet but enough to get you going for the day. Lobby bar has a good selection of food and drinks :) Hotel has pool, sauna and hot tub. Has a simple gym with treadmill, elipticle, free weights enough to keep you active while away from home. Always enjoy my stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sunshinygirl
kevipor, General Manager at Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Sunshinygirl,

Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor and for the positive feedback! I am glad that your stay with us is always enjoyable and that we can be your home away from home.
Please feel free to contact the hotel or myself (sdeocampo@atirahotels.com) if there is anything we can do prior to your arrival to make your stay with us even better!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Samantha
Customer Experience Manager

There are newer reviews for Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites

Reviewed March 18, 2012

we just stayed at this hotel because it was very close to my niece's house. This hotel was so dirty and disgusting beyond my belief. Carpets in hall ways were old and ugly. The public and common areas very dirty as well as the main entrance. i don't recommend this hotel to whoever that cares about cleanliness and neatness of where they want to stay and want to enjoy their stay.

Room Tip: If you don't have to stay at this place, like we did, find another place.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Simin J
kevipor, General Manager at Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear Simin J,

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. Please know that we are currently undergoing renovations right now where every area of the hotel including guest rooms, hallways and facilities are getting a fresh new look.
I hope that once renovations have been completed you will make us your choice of hotel as we would love to have you back!
Please feel free to contact me at s.deocampo@atirahotels.com with any other concerns or questions you may have - I would also like to keep you posted and give you updates with our renovations and the re-launching of our hotel.

Samantha de Ocampo
Customer Experience Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Check-in was quick and the clerk was professional. We used the pool the 1st night and were satisfied; however, we did not feel that we could used the pool during the next three days as there was a film of scum, dead skin cells, and hair on the surface of the water. The deck also contained mud in several locations. We asked the clerk about getting the pool cleaned, but the person who came to clean it only walked around the pool and lightly cleaned the deck.
The beds were hard, but clean. In general the room was very clean and well maintained; however, it will never be better than a 3 star hotel because the renovations were cheap coverings that tried to hide the real problems. Unfortunately, the new coverings in the tub and pool were not well fitting and looked and felt cheap.
The breakfast did not have a lot of variety (toast, cornflakes, cheerios, plain bagels, plain croissants, small pastries, coffee, and juice.); however, it was always fresh. All that being said, I would say that this hotel had good value for the cost.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
kevipor, Guest Relations Manager at Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank your for your feedback on the maintenance issues you encountered during your stay here. Rest assured, these are not our standards and I will have these issues rectified immediately. As you may have noticed, we are currently undergoing renovations in upgrading our hotel for a fresh new look, which includes our pool area and guest rooms. I hope that you reconsider and visit us again as there are going to be big changes within the next couple of months!

Samantha de Ocampo

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I recently stayed at this location. The hotel looked nice.. the only thing is the staff was very unfriendly. They hardily smiled, and they will not awknowledge you when you walk by. I did not feel welcomed.

My room was clean, except it was very very hot! i tossed and turned all night because of the heat. Be sure to turn the thermostate to COLD before you go to bed. I realized this at 5am.. needless to say i did not get much sleep. The pillows were okay, although i had to punch them a few times to get comfortable. And I found the room small in comparison to other hotels i have stayed at.

I arrived on a Sunday and nothing was open in town except for resturants. So i went out for dinner and came back to the hotel to enjoy the evening. I was surprised to find out that the bar closed at 12am .. and the pool was only opened until 11pm. Since there was nothing else to do, it would have been nice to have the bar and pool opened later. I didnt have a chance to visit the bar, but i did manage a short swim.. until a hotel staff member came in and rudely yelled that the pool is closed and that i have to leave..

The pool was clean, beautiful and heated. My only dissappointment was that the hottub was brocken, there were no jets, and the water was'nt hot.

Overall, it is a nice hotel in a great location.. you can take a bus (accross the street) and a TTC to get downtown. My experence would have been nicer if the staff were friendly, and the services were opened later.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nicki_baby0
kevipor, General Manager at Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Dear Traveler, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience, although I am disappointed to hear your stay was anything less than perfect. Rest assured that we will be using your feedback as we further train and develop our associates on ways to positively impact guest and their visit to the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites.
I trust we will have another opportunity to host you in the future and I look forward to hearing a more positive result from your next visit.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on Dec 2011. The hotel room looked decent at first until I stepped on to something very sharp. It was so painful, I looked at my heel, it bleed. My husband quickly checked what's under the carpet, we saw there were a lot of rusty nails sticking out of the carpet by the bathroom. My husband went to the reception, all they gave us was a couple of band aid. The maintenance guy came 15 minutes later and checked the site and removed all the nails and told us that he will give us another room. My husband and the guy went to the new room to check the condition of that room, unfortunately they found out that all the rooms have the same situation (dirty rusty nails sticking out of the carpet by the bathroom).

The second problem: the water was cold, no hot water... I just don't understand how come a big hotel has no hot water? My husband took a shower first and the water was warm. However when it was my turn, it was cold.

We won't be back for sure.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank underwaterangel
kevipor, General Manager at Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

Dear Guest, I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your recent visit and to assure you we take guest comments very seriously. As you probably noticed during your visit we are in the process of upgrading the hotel and investing millions to renovate and upgrade several areas through the hotel, including guest rooms.
I would like to assure this issue will be rectified immediately and to say thank you for bringing this top our attention.

Kevin Porter

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on February 28th and was very pleased with the overall value fo the $$$.
Decent price, Parking well within acceptable range and the location is good for anyone in the Northen part of Toronto.
A sure stay next time in town.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
kevipor, General Manager at Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you for visiting the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites and for sharing your experience.

Warm Regards,
Kevin Porter

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is a hotel I use several nights a year for work, as it`s located near to our office in Toronto.

I like the location, and I like the hotel, especially when I can find a reduced rate deal of some kind. I tend to use the hotel chains which offer me loyalty points, but I make an exception for this hotel.

The rooms and hallways are looking a bit dated, but they have started renovating and updating the property.

The staff is friendly and efficient, and housekeeping does a good job keeping everything clean.

Room service menu was good but found it a bit limiting on the healthy items. Not a fan of the breakfast buffet, glad it was included in my room deal. Scrambled eggs were soggy and blah,

WiFi connectivity worked well, but found the speed slow for browsing, streaming or connecting to my office VPN.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Traveller, thank you for your recent review and comments related to your stay in Toronto. We pride ourselves in offering value to our customers and to ensuring each guest has a unique experience.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing in the near future.