All reviews yonge street great location north tower college station valet parking eaton centre gay village would stay here again toronto downtown minute walk valet service stayed here for nights comfortable room clean hotel central location major attractions sofa bed
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife as part of our tour of eastern Canada and we found it very comfortable and within easy reach of the many attractions Toronto had to offer. The breakfast was very basic but in general it was a very good stay.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank charlesj305
Reviewed September 2, 2019

The most unorganized hotel I have ever stayed at - mind you, I have relied on Marriott for many of my stays around Canada and the states. A week prior to our arrival, we called to request an early check in and they said they would have our room ready at 1 pm. My friend and I took the day off to arrive for 12:45 pm to get our room. They said the room was being cleaned when we arrived so we said we would wait in the lobby. 1:30 pm came and they said the room was still being cleaned and it would be ready by 2 pm.. this charade kept going on until 4 pm - which is their usual check in time. I didn't appreciate the lies - they obviously were not cleaning that one room from 1 pm to 4 pm. We were very kind and patient the entire process - but someone when we asked to speak to the manager he was able to find us a clean room right away.

Our group had two others room booked as well, of course with complications. The second room was not prepared for us until well after 9 pm. Our entire weekend was based on the fact that one room would be available at 1 pm. Waiting until 4 pm meant that we were late for other outings that we reserved around the city.

For a 2 night and 3 day stay it was ridiculous the amount of time we spent at the front desk. I want to say we wasted at least 10 hours of our weekend trying to fix complications.

One night one of my friends was sick and had to stay back. She left the room to get fresh air and, not for the first time, our key card stopped working (we did not leave it near phones or credit cards). When she went to front desk for them to fix the card, they refused to assist her.

All we were given to compensate was two bottles of champagne and refunded for parking. The champagne wasn't even delivered to the right room.

While yes, the hotel was in a great location, the rooms were clean (even though initially they did not give us toilet paper), I would stay far away from this hotel and their disorganization.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Stacey M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Dear racheljadex,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown.

I'm so sorry to see what happened during your stay with us. I believe I've already been in contact with someone regarding this stay.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly at stacey.mandula@marriott.com.

Stacey

Reviewed September 2, 2019

We had to find a last minute place to stay an extra night in Toronto and this hotel quickly accommodated us. The location was perfect for strolling into the main city, close to restaurants and shops. Front desk was service was excellent and we were lucky enough to get an early check in without additional cost. The parking was a small issue and there was nowhere nearby without Valet (Which was very expensive) to we parked far away and walked back to the hotel. It was handy to have a starbucks within the restaurant for drinks and snacks. The room service menu was very limited so we did not order. The room itself was large, clean and had all amenities, however we had booked a 3 person room and there was just a double bed ( Although VERY comfortable) the option for the third person to sleep in an arm chair with foot stool was disappointing so the third member slept in the double bed as well.
Overall a wonderful experience and would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed August 31, 2019

It's very nice and comfortable. The pool is nice, and they have a great workout room. And forget the little shampoos and conditioner bottles, they have big ones right in the shower. Nice big tv, and a fridge.

Reviewed August 26, 2019

If you have the money to stay at a nice hotel in Toronto, this is a good one. Super welcome. Large room and very comfortable beds (good toiletries as well). Wifi works very well, good gym. Well placed to enjoy many places in Toronto.