All reviews yonge street great location north tower college station valet parking eaton centre second cup gay village no hot water shoppers drug mart would stay here again minute walk valet service toronto downtown central location comfortable room busy hotel
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The hotel was centrally located among the business of the entertainment district. Our room was nice, the bed was not comfortable. Breakfast isn't included and parking was $38 per day--pretty avg for everywhere. Very busy city, loved it actually. We were walking distance to great restaurants, and the citeseeing bus pickup was right by us. That is the way to get around. One price--hop on hop off wherever along the route for 48 hrs.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mamad19 M
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Not a bad spot if you want to me in the suburbs of Toronto. It's relatively clean, and wifi strength is good. There's a nice fitness room and pool as well. They do charge for parking, so just be prepared if you have a car.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Neha T, Front Office Supervisor at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Tunaidi - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto Hotel with us. Your feedback is important to us as it always strive us to maintain the highest level of service and standards at the hotel.

We hope to welcoming you back at the hotel in near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2018

My mother-in-law and I attend TIFF each year and this year we choose the Courtyard by Marriott for our annual get together. Usually we stay a bit more south to be closer to all the theaters but this year we decided it may be nice to stay a bit further from the crowds. This hotel is a bit more north from the center of the city and the area is up an coming. There are days, either early morning or late at night that it may not be the most comfortable to walk around, however, if you take a taxi you will be just fine. The hotel is a standard Courtyard type of place. We chose two suites in the North Tower which will wonderful and well equipped. There is a lot of room in the suite since there is a separate bedroom, kitchen area, living room area; the bathroom is spacious as well.

During this stay, there was a leak apparently going from my shower down into the suite below me, and I was required to do a room move. Given that I was there for TIFF, everything in my suite was unpacked and set up a certain way to make it easy and efficient for me to come in and out as I was attending parties, galas, opening nights, etc. and my time was very limited. Having to move rooms on one of the last nights, I was not happy, however, Neha, a new Front Office Manager, truly understood the issue and handled it professionally and smoothly. She was understanding, friendly, understands hospitality and has superb customer service skills. I am grateful to have met her and know that she will make the Courtyard Toronto Downtown Hotel that much better with her stellar five-star experience. Thank you Neha and best of luck to you!

Room Tip: The Suites are a Great Value
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank M D
Reviewed September 9, 2018

The Marriott was located well, and as always the service was great! The rooms were comfortable, and the check in and check out process was easy. Once you made it to the room, it was comfortable and quiet.

The biggest issue is the elevator. We were on the 16th floor and we sometimes not only had to wait a long time, but it stopped at every floor b/c only 3 elevators were operational. Other than that it was great!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paula c
Reviewed September 6, 2018

Overall, the stay was ok. Thanks I could use some points for a free night. Location is convenient on Yonge, close to the Eaton Center and Yorkville. Room clean. Bistro was cozy, nice enough to have some drinks at happy hour or late at night. It stops there.

The biggest issue is that the air conditioning unit is controlled by a panel, which limits how cool the room can be. I stayed there during some heat wave. I spent the day strolling downtown. When I came back to the room, I just wanted to chill. I found out that the AC cannot go below 21C (about 80F) and it’s set on eco mode so the vent is blowing on and off. Those settings are locked and there’s no way to override them. I called the reception, they sent a tech for the sake of it. He could not do anything about it. I can understand that hotels are having cost saving measures for electricity. Reducing the AC when the guest is not in the room is fine to me. But, someone should have control over the desired temperature. I know many hotels are having this practice. But To me, this is not acceptable so I wanted to convey a clear message.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank masterpace
Neha T, Front Office Supervisor at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is really appreciated and therefore, have shared it with the concerned team for further review. We hope you will consider Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto Hotel on your next visit to Toronto so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.