“Not for families”

Ranked #94 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
San Jose, California
“Not for families”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2006

Stayed in the Quality for 5 nights 2 adults and 2 kids. Room was very small, not comfortable (no space for toiletry bag in bathroom!), clean. In our room we did not have things we needed traveling with little baby (microwave, fridge, ..). Location is next to nothing. Parking is on the back and you have to walk around building to get into lobby. Very uncomfortable. Electronic key was not working on second day. Had to reprogram it. Service was fine, particularly in the hotel bar. Don’t expect anything fancy in this hotel. Overall the Quality is good choice only for a business traveler or for overnight in the airport area, but nothing else.

3 Thank Zion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2006

Stayed in this hotel after a vacation flight. A friend booked it so we didn't get the excellent park and fly deal they have. The parking lot was jampacked and there was hardly anywhere to park on the premises. The front entry is not easy for moving luggage in and out because it has steps, so go around to the side. There are no bellhops and maybe one luggage cart, but the front desk staff is personable and helpful. However, the suite was quite nice and the restaurant has a good variety and quality for decent prices. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank SueKA
Brighton, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2006

A great place to stay for the price! We booked through the Quality Suites own web site. They included breakfast in the price. A great breakfast at that! Parking is not included as stated on Expedia. Cost to park was $10.00 CAD a night with in and out priviledges. Lots of room, great "new pillowtop matresses", clean, and with maid service to write home about!
Would stay there again as it is very conveinient to shopping, airport and major highways. Lots of eateries within 10 minute or less walking distance. (Lone Star, Coffee Time, The Keg, Arizona's, Pat & Mario's, +++
The hotel's own restaurant is also very good.
"Highlandsally" from Brighton, ON.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank highlandsally
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2006

I used this hotel for a stopover the night before a vacation in Mexico. It was basic but comfortable and clean. The room was cool when I arrived, but I simply adjusted the thermostat upwards. I didn't really need a suite -- just a place to get a good night's sleep -- so the extra space was a bit wasted on me. Had I been there for more time, I probably would have aprreciated the mini-fridge, dinette, and "living room". My stopover rate included parking at the adjacent garage. I parked my own car (was aked to park as high up as I could), and selected a spot in the corner so that no one would park too close. I kept my own keys... I was never asked to leave my keys or have a valet park my car for me. The bed was comfortable, and they had left a couple of mints on it. The alarm clock worked fine, and the wake-up call came in just as requested. The shuttle arrived on schedule and I was at the airport in no time. The rate, through my travel agent, was great. I'd definately return the next time I need stopover accomodations.

Stayed April 2006
4 Thank Bill_NY
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2006

We used the park & fly package.
Rooms: Cold looking, cheaply decorated, but clean !
We didn't have heat in our room all night. We had basically just walked into the room and went right to bed as we had gotten in late & had an early morning flight. My husband was sound asleep beside me while I shivvered & froze all night. He could sleep standing up in a phone booth. There was no use in calling the front desk, as it was late, husband was sleeping and it was the middle of the night.........we couldn't move to another room.
Park & Fly: You have to go down the road & take your own vehicle there. We returned to find, our brand new vehicle 'crammed' in beside others, with no room to even open our doors (how did they get it there????)and our window was left down 4 inches ???? Wasn't warmed which they advertise.

I would stay across the street at the Travelodge next time. You park in their attatched parking lot, and the rooms are very homey & nice for the same price as the hassle at the Quality Suites. Stayed at TL before, and should of stuck with it.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank warminup
Panay Island, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2005

We stayed here on a cross-country trip. We had made a reservation through Priceline for $40. The hotel was much nicer than we expected and a great bargain at that price; separate bedroom, king size bed plus couch folding out into another bed, very quiet and free high speed internet. Beware that parking may be additional.

• Stayed October 2005
13 Thank Archipelago
Marriottsville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2005

Nice 2.5* hotel with large size suites. Very clean room with a bedroom separated by two french doors. There is a large sofa bed with coffee table and a small dining table with four chairs. No fridge nor microwave which would have been nice. There is a minibar but could not really use it to store larger items. Lots of closet space. One in entry area and one in the bedroom.

Plenty of parking which is charged daily. Definitely need a car to be in this area. Very close to the airport, and major highways like 401 and 427. Woodbine Casino and race track was also a close driving distance. Large coffee shop was next door. Other restaurants located in hotels surrounding the area.

No problems with the hotel. Very quiet, but the HVAC unit was loud initially, but got used to the loud fan after one night, Room I had overlooked a now vacant Regal Constellation Hotel. Not a pretty sight, but the other side of the building did not have a nice view either (parking garage and more parking lots).

Definitely a good value if won through Priceline. Wouldn't mind staying here again.

Stayed July 2005
3 Thank balti_less
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 132 in Toronto
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!