“Just right!”

Ranked #102 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently had a three-day wait for my flight out of Toronto, and just randomly picked this hotel. I'm really glad I did! It was clean, comfortable, modern, and quiet. The staff were extremely gracious and very helpful (they even charged my cell phone, as I had left my charger at home). It's very close to airport and they have a 24 hr. free airport shuttle service. They have a restaurant on ground floor...It was okay, but pretty pricey. But there are many choices of places to eat within a short walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mpobrennan
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

It was our pleasure to host you as our guest! We are always striving to improve our hospitality and service and we appreciate your kind words about The Quality Suites Toronto Airport.

Tony Sabourin

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We would love to be able to write a review about this hotel but upon contacting them to book a room with a Groupon they gave us the runaround for 2 hrs after transferring us to their American reservation system. The telephone reservation system is poor quality and it is difficult to hear staff. After our runaround, we were referred back to the local hotel to book thru a supervisor specifically. Upon calling the supervisor the next morning, we were told that they were unable to book the hotel room for us. We ended up cancelling the Groupon and will never visit this hotel due to poor customer service.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RealCdnGirl

Thank you for your candid feedback concerning the reservation process you encountered. We regret you were unable to reserve the room you wanted. We make all efforts to accommodate our guests and look forward to reserving their rooms. We will analysis this in detail to make sure all reservations are smooth, courteous and efficient. Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Tony Sabourin

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We parked our car here when we went to Ireland for two weeks.Our car was in a covered garage for the duration. On our return, we spent the night after a very difficult and long flight. The staff was very helpful. The shuttle to the airport was timely.
Our room was huge, quiet and comfortable. The restaurant served us a post flight snack and a wonderful breakfast. I would recommend this alternate to anyone airport bound.

Room Tip: Park and fly......a fabulous and comfortable way to go
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pat L
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Be extremely cautious how you book this facility. The facility itself is very average and offers good value for the money. ($99.00 for the night of a conference provided me with a suite with a king bed in a separate, a queen bed and a pull out couch along with bar fridge etc.) The problem was booking the facility. There is a company called RoomStays that has expertly disguised themselves on the net posing as the Quality Suites Toronto Airport, complete with picture and details. When called up, you are led to believe you are on the legitimate site. I have booked many rooms, flights, attractions etc. on line and am not easily fooled. When I received my confirmation via email I was informed that the fee was in US dollars with various other attached charges. The confirmation came from Roomstays whom I had never heard from. They cancelled the charges when I complained with the exception of $9.95 US. Check the net, the scam is reviewed everywhere!
This company is based out of Tampa, Fla. and sells rooms to canadians in Canada in US funds.
The Quality Suites Toronto Airport were informed but did not appear to care in the least. They stated these things happened all the time and were powerless to do anything about this firm pretending to be the legitimate site of Quality Suites Toronto airport. Be very careful when booking this facility. Very good value, but indifferent to their guests being ripped off by Roomstays in their name.

Room Tip: This is generally a short stay facility on the airport strip for travellers and convention/seminar/m...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JOHN C
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I overnighted twice at Quality Suites in September, 2013 on my way overseas on a business trip and on the return to my home. I chose the hotel on the basis of price and apparent comfort. It was good value for money - although I really dislike plastic cups and glasses in the room...

Nevertheless, the room was quiet both times, and there was small refrigerator, microwave and a coffeemaker with reasonably good ground coffee available in the kitchenette, a separate bedroom and living-dining room - lots of room and free internet. My room on both occasions sported a very clean bathroom equipped with the usual amenities.

The reception staff are both friendly and willing to meet the guests' needs, and provide prompt service to address any minor shortcomings. I would certainly stay there again, if I have to overnight in Toronto.

A word of caution: although it is possible to travel to downtown Toronto on public transportation available across the road from the hotel, it takes an hour to get there. I did the trip only because I had time to spare the day I was waiting for a night flight out of Toronto. Public transit in Toronto is both clean and comfortable, but the time needed to get downtown from a hotel near the airport is daunting.

One of the pleasant surprises was the Quality Suites restaurant,Grafittis: while it is a modest Italian restaurant (run by an Italian family, apparently), the vegetarian pizza I shared there with a friend was one of the best I have had recently in any country! The penne pasta was not quite as good; it was disappointing, according to another person in our group, however.

Overall, the price is right, the free shuttle to and from the airport is regular and efficient, the hotel accommodation is comfortable and reasonably priced, and the facility is available to print one's boarding pass in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a flat screen TV, as they are in the process of re-equipping all the suties with ne...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NGeorge
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed just recently at the Quality Hotel & Suites for a business trip for a single night. Truth be told, you think that being part of the Choice hotels family that there'd be some good quality, but truth be told this hotel is extremely tired and needs a major update to it. The rooms are very big surprisingly - one bedroom + a living room which for a family is quite nice, but for myself as one person staying the night its not something that is "WOW". Out of all things at this hotel, I must say the breakfast was the greatest part. If you're looking for a place to live and are on a budget but want value service, then I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike_Niklewicz
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed twice at Quality Suites and it has been great. Really close to the airport and the hotel offers large suites and excellent on site parking. We paid roughly $120 for a nights stay and 8 days of covered on site parking. Can't be beat!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#20 of 61 in Mississauga
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!