“8/10 Accessibility in Room”

Ranked #102 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We took advantage of a $79 Groupon for stay, park and fly and booked a single queen accessible suite. We were pleasantly surprised at what appeared to be a newly renovated suite with light switches, kitchenette countertops, and bathroom sink at wheelchair level. The bathroom sink also has no cabinet underneath to allow for a wheelchair to roll under it. Also in the bathroom we were provided a toilet seat chair (riser) and a bathtub chair for the tub/shower combo. It would have been even better a roll-in shower to accommodate accessibility needs, in my opinion.

Otherwise the staff was all friendly and helpful. Other guests were also extremely helpful. The airport shuttle was on time, expedient and professional.

My only frustration came with breakfast because it is poorly advertised. The options you see as you walk into the hotel restaurant are: breakfast buffet ($6.99) and all you can eat pasta dinner. So of course I chose the breakfast buffet -- which consisted of: hot oatmeal, cantaloupe and melon slices, rice crispy cereal and frosted flakes cereal, milk for cereal (no indication of 1% , etc. ), sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, and hash browns, and a self serve toast table with jam, cream cheese and butter options with either bread or a bagel. When I asked about pancakes or French toast only then was I handed a menu that had comparable pricing (omelettes were $10.25). Also the buffet doesn't include coffee or tea ($2.50). The wait staff however was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We regret you experienced some inconsistences during your stay but are proud that you thought so highly of our staff. We aim to provide the highest level of satisfaction to all our customers and your feedback is key for us in recognizing areas for improvement.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The pillows are tiny square pillows, definitely not a comfortable type. If you are driving, bring your own. The wireless Internet in the rooms does not work. If you have a tablet, you need to go to the lobby or the restaurant to get a good signal. The beds are average. The restaurant is average, but prices are decent. The hotel itself is old, tired looking. The rooms are spacious and comfy for relaxing. Tv programming is limited. If you are just here for the night, or a trip to the airport, it's worth staying here. For longer stays you might want to shop for something with better amenities. Good value. I've stayed in better, also in worse.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel that comments such as yours allow us to assess where we have opportunities to make improvements. Thank you for communicating with us your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

THis hotel is tired looking and carpets in rooms are stained and some furnishings are showing wear. What I like about this hotel is the 'suite' feature because I, and my two adult sons, was able to share one room comfortably. The breakfast is a bonus but the service was not good and some food items were already depleted. I also ate dinner at Graffitti's and it was an Italian buffet which was very sub-par. Deserts were what you would get at a funeral luncheon. When I told our server that we were jaunt customers she looked very sad ...I guess she thought we would not tip. But we gave her a generous tip anyway. Honestly, I would recommend this hotel to people who need to get 3-4 people in one room comfortably and catch a flight in the morning. I would certainly recommend that they eat dinner elsewhere. The hotel staff were all good and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

While we are delighted to hear your overall stay was to your satisfaction we would like to offer our sincere apologies with not meeting your full satisfaction in our restaurant. When these rare situations occur we make sure we retrain our staff in order to regain the confidence of our guests. Please accept our sincere apologies and we will work on making sure this doesn’t happen again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of a 2-week trip to a family reunion just across the border in the Niagara Falls area. My first stay was just fine and on my second stay I got to know some of the staff so that I can at least thank them via this review for the excellent welcome and service I enjoyed. The front desk team that were so helpful included John, Canel and Dean. The very attentive restaurant waitresses were Laura and Sukhi and, finally the hands-on General Manager, Tony S impressed me.

I don't think you will find better value in the Toronto Airport area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

The Quality Suites Toronto Airport appreciates you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know our location suited you and that you well attended by our staff. We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very pleased with the hotel, the restaurant and the staff. We booked online and got a suite with a king sized bed for a VERY reasonalbe price. The staff were really easy to deal with; the restaurant staff were delightful; the food was good. Loved the fact the shuttle to the Toronto airport went twice in the hour so it was easy to plan arrive and departure times. Would definitely stay there again when traveling through Toronto airport.

Room Tip: When we booked online, we found the suite was the same price as a standard room, so we opted for the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We can’t tell you how much we appreciate the wonderful review of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We are always happy to hear our guests utilizing some of the fantastic amenities of our hotel including our onsite restaurant Graffiti’s Italian Eatery.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for three nights last week. Front desk staff asked for my credit card and told me that they would be putting a 'preauthorized hold' on the card in the amount of $40. In case you are unfamiliar with this process, it ties up the credit available on your card for the amount 'preauthorized'.

When we checked out, we discovered they had put a $200 hold on the card, according to the statement from the hotel. I was unhappy about this as I had intended to pay cash, but I told them to go ahead and process the $200 and paid the balance in cash.

Unbeknownst to us, they had put a further $400 'preauthorized hold' through on my card the previous day. This was not disclosed to me and I most certainly did not authorize it. It also did not show up on the statement we received from the hotel on check out.

Then, to make matters even more outrageous, they put through a further $418.60 'preauthorized hold' on my card the day AFTER we checked out. Needless to say, I did not authorized this 'hold' nor was I even told they had done it!

I discovered it when my credit card company advised me I had no further available credit (as they had charged over $1000 to my card!!!!)

I called immediately to have these 'holds' removed and they refused. After a heated conversation by phone, we went to the hotel in person and demanded that they reverse the holds. They refused, saying that they had no ability to do that and the credit card company had to release the holds, which is nonsense.

We called the police and my credit card company. A representative of their fraud department then spoke to the front desk manager, who reluctantly authorized the release of the holds.

They never came up with a rational or reasonable explanation for these charges at any time. They tied up over $1000 of my available credit without my knowledge or consent!

Don't stay here and don't let them have access to your credit card!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank enragedcustomer

Thank you for your review. I am also grateful we had the opprotunity to speak to each other and straighten out this situation. As mentioned over the phone we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and proving our best.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Used park sleep and fly for a 10 day vacation. Chose this hotel because unlike most others they offer free parking up to 14 days, plus 24 hr/day shuttle unlike many others - and this is (and was) needed.
Parking was self parking which is great, plus parking is in a raised parking garage with most spaces being under shelter not exposed to hot sun in summer or ice/snow in winter. room was clean and we were surprised to get a suite...not there long enough to enjoy it though. check in was fast and easy. the shuttle was large and spacious...so often hotels use van-like vehicles where a dozen people crowd around trying to ensure they get a spot on the bus, with the last in line people trying to squeeze their way up...this was more like a small bus...air conditioned, good storage, lots of room...no need to worry about not getting a spot unless it is a very large crowd.
Can't comment on more of hotels amenities, but for a park sleep and fly experience this one was great...oh yeah, quite close to the airport so makes shuttle times faster.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Forestree

Thank you for your great review of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We are glad you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities we have to offer such as Stop Over Packages, Complimentary Shuttle and our covered parking lot.

Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#20 of 61 in Mississauga
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!