“Clean and Comfortable at a Great Rate”

Ranked #103 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed one night a few weeks back as part of a Stay & Fly (with parking) package from Groupon. For price of the Groupon (which included the parking and airport shuttle) it was great. The front desk found my reservation no problem. Check in was fast. The room was clean and relatively updated (nice having 2 modern TV's in the two rooms so someone early to bed could sleep while the other stayed up). The fan in the bathroom seemed to be perpetually on but didn't bother us and maybe we couldn't find the switch. The shuttle was fine and runs every half hour. Certainly overall the hotel is showing its age but nothing some minor renovations couldn't fix. The parking garage is pretty dingy but not un-safe or anything and the hotel elevators are old too. But again, for the price and convenience, and if you get parking included as part of a package I would come back again for sure as the service was fine. The return shuttle's AC was busted when it was like a million degrees out so that sucked though. Didn't eat at the restaurant but there's lots around it. It looked OK though and saw some advertisements for affordable all-you-can-eat options.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nordiques11
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We appreciate you staying with the Quality Suites Toronto Airport and for leaving your review of our property.
Quality Suites Toronto airport

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The shuttle from the airport runs every half hour. Friendly driver. The hotel from the outside looks quite run down upon arrival. I gave the front desk staff my surname but she couldn't find it, I had to get out my confirmation sheet and then she finds it. I got a lot of info out of her after asking a lot of questions, except she had no city maps to give me! The lobby is grim looking and the lifts are ancient and depressing. The room was huge with 2 tv's fridge and microwave. Clean room and bathroom. There was a huge noise coming from somewhere in the room, I thought it might go away! After coming back from the city at ten pm the noise was pipes coming from the wall behind the bed. I went down and asked for a new room, and she said it was probably noise from pipes(she knew well what it was). I moved to a new room and got a good nights sleep for an early morning flight. I wont stay here again, first of all its way too expensive and secondly its a really dull and depressing hotel. Try somewhere else would be my advice.

Room Tip: A room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RKF2014
TonyS S, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

The management of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport would like to offer our sincere apologies that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of our guests and can assure you that we are examining this situation very closely to determine what may have occurred to avoid this happening in the future. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by staying with us on your next trip to Toronto.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had a room with a separate bedroom attached. Was spacious enough and good for one night. Little things are were wrong and made the stay less enjoyable.
Two lightbulbs burnt out on both sides of bed,
Carpet was damp in a large area and the fridge didnt appear to be leaking, mirrors were very dirty, parking was an extra $15, late check out available but automatically keys were reset at 11am and got locked out of room, housekeeping up very early getting started on cleaning rooms and unfortunately woke both of us up with their loud personal complaining.
I got a check out at 1pm and a few minutes before 1, someone from front desk called and literally said 'ummm, what time are you checking out?' I replied '1pm'. She said 'oh... Okay' and then hung up on me. That's not the way you speak to hotel guests whether its 2star or 5star. The other housekeeping staff I saw in the halls were very unfriendly and super unhappy and not even pleasant enough to say hello - apart from one male (didnt get his name) who was beyond friendly and very helpful. After checking out at front desk and asking the lady what time the shuttle arrived, she said within a few hours. I thanked her and went to wait for it. I knew she was supposed to have given me a ticket for it, but was waiting for her to initiate the simple procedure. She did not. The driver came, asked for the ticket, and I had to go back in to get it from her while holding up others on the bus. There was also one male front desk employee who was very pleasant, but other than that this hotel needs a serious makeover in more ways than one. The have an Italian restaurant attached and after being shown all the buffet food, we unfortunately walked out. It was 630pm, restaurant was dead, and it looked as though the food had been prepared days earlier and just reheated.
I would not recommend this hotel unless you get a very low price on it. We paid just over $100 for one night and it was pretty disappointing. The shuttle driver was excellent and on time.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank MuskokaTraveller32

We are very sorry to read about your experience at our hotel. First and foremost, there is never an excuse. An experience like this is not indicative of our hotel, its service and quality that we strive for. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and we look forward to proving our best.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

In the last 6 weeks I have stayed well over a dozen hotels, everything from 5* to airport hotels and for the price this one scores pretty high.
I purchased it through hotel.com and paid $65 for a very large King Suite we were really surprised this was our last stop and the least expensive of our hotels
The entrance is large but welcoming, front desk staff were very efficient good suggestion for dinner, bathroom was a really good size and clean lots of towels, separate makeup area, decent living area, separate king size bedroom.
Definitely recommend

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

The Quality Suites Toronto Airport thanks you for leaving such a glowing recommendation of our property. We are delighted that our associates were able to go above and beyond for you. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The suite was reasonably priced and quite large for one person. Two tvs!! It was just an overnight stay to catch an early flight. Check-in was easy. The suite was clean. The shuttle was on time. Everything worked out well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

We appreciate your patronage and for taking the time to review our property. It sounds as if you had a very enjoyable stay!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. My employer sent me for training and completed the required paperwork to pay for the room and it was sent by fax. I contacted the hotel to make sure they received the documentatin and they said they had. When I arrived they said they didn't have the documentation but thankfully I brought it with me. The front desk attendants were very rude, the hotel smelled like smoke, the pillows and mattress were extremely uncomfortable and the screws for the toilet seat weren't attached. I was going to stay here again for a 6 night stay in Sept but cancelled my reservation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 80James

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We regret that you experienced inconsistences during your stay. We aim to provide the highest level of satisfaction to all of our customers and your feedback is key for us in recognizing areas for improvement. This is no less so than in our Guest Services department where we have held several training meetings to ensure this will not happen again.
Thank you again for helping us improve.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were fortunate to pick up a great rate on groupon for the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. Parked and fly out check in was quick and easy and the front desk staff was great. Connecting shuttle was good on the way there and slow on the way back.
The room we were provided on the 8th floor was a king suite and was excellent. A busy spot and for quick over night prior to or in our case on the way back from a vacation this spot is more than adequate. I would recommend it if you get it on a special and combine it with the park and fly option.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank woodyvisla1964
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#20 of 61 in Mississauga

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!