“Good hotel, worst breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #95 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Laval, Canada
“Good hotel, worst breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stay in for the gift show.
I general this hotel is good. Big suite room, full equiped with 2 TV, refrigerator.
I arrived in Saturday. The Sunday's cleaning was terrible. Tha maid only emptied the garbage bins and refilled bath stuff. No coffee refil, no order in the room. Next day it was acceptable.
The worst thing in this hotel is the breakfast. For the buffet they propose same items as in all other Choice hotel, but for 10$ instead of Free (as usual). You have to pay, but no bagels, no bakery items, no yogurt, limited juice choice. Even coffee distributor were empty. I stay in Choice hotels 3-4 times per year, but never see that.
Next days I prefered to take my breakfast outside.

Room Tip: If you stay in this hotel, bring with you something for the breakfast (ex. croissants). The coffee m...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank miccanada1
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
First I would like to thank you for being a loyal guest to this hotel. The comments regarding cleanliness on Sunday have been brought to the attention of our housekeeping department. The level of cleaning was not in keeping with the highest standard we strive to maintain and exceed. We see that the breakfast seemed somewhat not to your satisfaction, we appreciate your opinion and do take it very seriously and we shall try to use your advice for better improvements.
We look forward to your return
Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Well-located for a pre- or post- flight stay. Some very helpful/pleasant staff and a couple of staff who were close to surly. The onsite restaurant has reasonable hours for travellers. The shuttle was wonderful, showing up exactly on time at the airport for our trip to the hotel, and exactly on time for the trip back to the airport. Very clean rooms and comfortable bed. The windows could be opened a bit, which was nice. The internet station in the lobby (no charge) was useful for those of us who leave our tech stuff at home :-) The in-room coffee amenities were, in my opinion, lacking. No coffee pot, just packages of instant coffee with styrofoam cups and a microwave. Overall a decent property and reasonable value. I'd stay here again, if necessary. Marked lower for the couple of surly staff members, and the sad excuse for coffee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OhMy5316
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
The Quality Suites Toronto Airport hotel appreciates your positive feedback. We certainly apologies the coffee in your room was not sufficient. We also pride ourselves with our associates’ abilities to identify guests’ needs. I have discussed this comment with the front desk and we look forward to proving our best for your next stay. Again, thank you for taking time to comment on your last stay. As General Manager, your comments are invaluable to me.
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is near the Toronto International airport and runs shuttles to drop and pick people up at the airport while leaving your car in their parking garage while you are away. The suites are lovely and the price is not much more than what you would pay for Park n Fly.

Why I wanted especially to write this review is that I had an issue while returning from a previous trip which delayed my arrival and made it impossible to stay at the Quality Suites which had been the plan. I emailed the manager, Tony Sabourin, to see if he would allow me to rebook at another time and he was extremely gracious and generous to help me with my next trip which I have just returned from. I can't say enough about his excellent customer service and how thankful I am for his help. It was great to meet him when we booked into the hotel just over a week ago to say thanks in person.

The hotel staff are also very helpful. We arrived at 3am Saturday morning from our flight back and when we went to our room there was a dog barking across the hall so we went back down and asked if they could find us another room which they did without any fuss.

The suite (515 I believe) was set back from the main hallway which I really liked as it cut down on any hall noise. It had a king bed in the bedroom with double doors for privacy and a double bed and pull out couch in the living room. There were 2 TV's, a mini fridge and I believe wifi although I didn't use it. The bathroom had 2 doors, one from the livingroom and one from the bedroom and had shampoo etc along with a blow dryer and enough towels to satisfy anyone. The living room was bright with great blackout curtains to keep it dark until you wanted light. There were also 2 alarm clocks and a small sink beside the coffee maker.

I would highly recommend this hotel not only for the lovely rooms and easy parking but the quality of staff that went above and beyond to help in any way they could. Great job Tony and the Quality Suites Toronto Airport staff!

4 Thank sam09876
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
It was our pleasure to host you as our guest and it was really nice to meet you face to face. We look forward to your return.

Niagara Falls, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed as part of a park and fly package on the way back from our trip to Varadero. We did not leave the airport until 3:15 am and were very tired. Room was great and so close to the airport which is ideal. Apart from the fact that out room key didn't work the first time, we had a very restful night in a fantatstic room. Will be sure to recommend to all of our family and friends.

p.s. Covered parking is a huge bonus in winter!

1 Thank Canadatravellers2
We can’t tell you how much we appreciate the wonderful review of our hotel. We are always happy to hear our guests enjoyed the Quality Suites Toronto Airport.
We appreciate your review and hope to have you return

London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Certainly not your typical chain hotel... we arrived tired and with a long, bad weather journey ahead of us, had opted instead to stay overnight. We used booking.com to find this place. The staff we met were all knowledgeable, helpful and polite, the hotel was clean and tidy throughout, check-in was quick, efficient and polite. We went to our 'room' and found a spacious suite waiting for us. The bedroom and king size bed are behind closed doors, the bathroom had en-suite access and also access from the lounge. A comfortable couch and armchair + a dining table and chairs for 4 if needed. A tv in both the room and bedroom rounded out the fixtures. There is a good size fridge, small microwave and a single cup coffee peculator. A good sized bathroom had plenty of towels and the usual complimentary hair and body lotions. If you are staying in the area for a couple of days and have a vehicle (registered vehicles are free) then it is great spot to use as a base and keep some food items close to hand.

The quoted price of CAD$99.00 including breakfast at Graffiti's, came down to CAD$79.00 if you confirm immediately - however the all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast then becomes an extra at CAD$5.00 pp. The breakfast selection was good, not great - but definitely good, 4 cereal choices, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns - all hot and fresh. Endless (great) coffee and OJ. The only down-side of the breakfast experience is that the Graffiti staff seemed unaware that posters in the hotel and the booking confirmation advertise the breakfast at CAD$5.00 and they wanted to charge us CAD$10.00 - at that price point, unless you are looking for a cheap, all you can eat feed - for an average, single plate breakfast it is a tad expensive. They did honour the $5.00 price tho, so just one to watch for if you visit.

Room Tip: We had room 202, info. from the manager: They have ten floors and there are suites on each floor, ho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
The Quality Suites Toronto Airport is very appreciative of you taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet all of your requests. We look forward to having you back at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ok for price but not nicest...Stinky room obviously wiped down with a dirty cloth..

Bathroom clean but old and "browning" rusting parts and drains.

I didn't shower, as much as I really would have liked too, the mix of the "damp pee" smell in the room and the rusting bathroom just made me feel too gross to get into the shower..

I am not an easily grossed out but I was just not so comfortable.

Anyways, the main reason I stayed there was the 85$ special they were having but I had to pay 15 for a night of parking.. The Marriott was 110$ and I have stayed there before and is really nice (brand new feeling)

So basically for 10 bucks more I could have stayed in a brand new beautiful room that was extra clean.

This hotel should be about 59$ a night and I would feel I got what I paid for..

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dw333
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We do respect your opinion and are distressed that the cleanliness of your room was not to your satisfaction. We set very high standards for our housekeeping department and are consistently performing quality checks in our rooms and through guest feedback. We would like to assure all guests that cleanliness is a priority at our hotel and that is reflected in many of the reviews of our hotel on this site.

North Bay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here Jan 16/13 before flying out and again Jan 21/13 flying back. We checked in late on the 16th and discovered too late the horrible condition of our room. The heat didn't work and the vents were filthy like they hadn't been cleaned in a year. The bathroom ceiling was all water spotted, with gouges in the drywall, but the worst part was the mould. It was all around the ceiling corners!! When I informed management in the morning, all they said was they would have it cleaned and moved us to an upper floor business suite for our return stay. No price break, no complimentary anything, just a simple "sorry". There was no real difference between the rooms except the first one (508) was a suite, and the second one was a business suite. I will never stay here again and as the arrangements were made by my local CAA, I will be talking to them too and showing them the pics and video I shot. Room service wouldn't answer the phone on the 21st, so when I went down to order they had the phone off the hook. And after that it took 45 minutes for the food to arrive! The only good thing I have to say about this stay is "thank God I never have to stay there again".

4 Thank RossNorthBay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#65 of 132 in Toronto
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!