“down hill in a year?”

Ranked #93 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
northern ontario
“down hill in a year?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have given this hotel a few good ratings over the last year or so, but I can't this time around. I think this place is doing something funny with their parking spaces. Hotel was not busy( according to front staff) but there was no parking. I was tol to park at the lot behind the hotel i went to wrong lot and ended up at the burger joint and got a $41 ticket. What a joke, The reasturant of which was never great just got that much more worse and had gone from ok to no way. My 3rd time here and the reason i came back was nice size/ clean room and familiar faces. Both of those things are gone rooms are dated and cleanliness is lacking and the familiar faces are well you guessed it gone. Prudence did our meeting once in the past and when i asked for her i was told she was fired along with several others. I'll be looking for another place

Room Tip: not sure about good rooms i know size is good if you get the room that has a bedroom and living room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank decarmomichael
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We regret that you experienced inconsistencies during your stay. We will work harder to provide quality services and cleanliness for your future stay.
Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Shuttle bus to pickup from Toronto Pearson was late.
I prepaid for one night just to catch a flight the next morning.
Stayed on 12th floor. Elevator and hallway smelled of smoke.
The queen-bed suite i stayed in was filthy, found hair on bed and towels, couple lights didn't work because of burnt light bulbs.
Couch and carpet felt dirty. I kept my shoes on and didn't feel comfortable sleeping because I felt the room was unclean.
Almost appears that noone ever set foot in this room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Wuzy
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
The management of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport would like to offer our sincere apologies that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of our guests and can assure you we are examining the situation very closely to determine what may have occurred and how to avoid this from happening in the future. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by staying with us on your next trip to Toronto or Pearson International Airport.
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and I would highly recommend this hotel.
The rooms we were in were spacious and clean.
There is a coffee maker and a microwave for your convenience.
Beds were comfortable and in a separate room from the living area.
Lovely couch and chair in the sitting area along with a table and chairs to sit at *great for eating at or doing your work*.
I was greeted at the front desk and all my needs were met.
We were going to the airport so needed to park the cars for a one week and two week period. They were very accommodating in allowing me to prepay for my children's stay the following week after us.
The shuttle is very timely and they help get your suitcases on and off the shuttle.
Coming back from the airport the shuttle was there right away!

I would highly recommend staying over night at this hotel as they are in summary clean, reasonably priced and have a punctual shuttle service. I have recommended this hotel to a quite a few clients now all of whom are quite impressed with my recommendation.
I will be staying here for all our future trips via Pearson Airport!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank pamnrandy
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport and would like to thank you for leaving a glowing review. We look forward to your next stay with us.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

**** If you find it usefull please flag it ******
After reading, and reading many reviews decided for this hotel where I spent with my family 3 nights at this location. Following are facts to help you make a desicion:

PROS:
-Very confortable king size beds.
-Certainly loved the room layout. This is not your average NY small size room.
-Two TV's in the room. (My kids could watch TV while my wife I watch some other programs)
-1 king bed was in the room and the other one was in the 'living room' of the same room
-While we were near the airport, I barely heard the airplanes so certainly not sure why others complain about it.
-Clean room & bathroom....pure white.
-Price was reasonable.
-Location is great

CONS:
-Saw the breafast being offered for $5.00 and did not like it. So went to Tim Hortons very near -by and I resolved the situation.
-The "Welcome" to the hotel by the hotel representative was not very expresive, maybe it had to do with the fact it was 1:30 am on Dec 23rd 2012 but still, after driving 9 hours to get there, - its always good to feel welcome (by the way this is not a complain more is something to watch out).

SUMMARY:
-Will I recomend this Hotel to others? Yes
-Will I be back? Yes but if I find a better price with same conditions will try other hotel.

Room Tip: High floor rooms were perfect to avoid lobby noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Quality Suites Toronto Airport and for writing your valuable feedback. These comments are very important because they help us pursue continuous improvement.

waterloo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here in August 2012. I had found an online deal for this hotel that was a great price ($69) but didn't include long term parking. I emailed the hotel and asked if they could add 7 days parking to the deal, but found out they were unable to do so.

However, the manager Tony emailed me back with a great price. For approx. $85 I received a 2 room suite, with king sized bed and separate living area with a pullout couch (this was great, as we travelled with our daughter). We also received free breakfast, 7 days of parking and free shuttle to and from Pearson (the shuttle was on time both ways).

The room was clean and all staff we encountered were helpful and courteous. Tony was very polite and answered all of my questions right away.

I was so impressed, I've since referred this hotel to 3 other couples. They've all had a wonderful experience, too!

I would absolutely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank popcorn07
TonyS S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am glad you were able to stay with us before your trip. It sounds like we were able to meet your expectations and we hope to have you return on your next visit.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

The room was very dirty and out dated. The manager I met in the lobby was impolite. My husband and I had dinner at the restaurant--the service level is lower than standard. We wont come back again for the next trip as it's such an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sbrown377
Tony S, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Your feedback is always welcome at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so that we can take the appropriate steps to correct them. Please contact me so we can go over in detail what happened.
We hope to have you back soon
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one month in Oct.- Nov. 2012 while I was in Toronto on a training course. I found the place to be pretty clean overall, the only thing that was dirty were the windows. The staff were friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, which was a buffet with some other dishes available from the menu. My room overlooked the airport yet it was pretty quiet. The room itself was the perfect size with all the amenities I required. There is no swimming pool in the hotel which I kind of missed but overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank boeing764
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your comments and vital feedback. We are always striving to do our best for our guests and your experience will ensure we do that.
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel we are glad you enjoyed all our hotel has to offer.
Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 132 in Toronto
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!