“Great Value, friendly staff, great customer service.”

Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Ranked #103 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here, The front desk superviser and her team where very helpful, friendly smiles and great customer service. Even though the rest. Was closed when I got there in the evening, they where able to direct me to the closest rest. In and around the area. I saved on parking and breakfest no hassel, as most hotels would charge you, plus my stay was nice as they put me up on the 10th floor, great view of the airport. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank niptip
Tony S, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for taknig the time to share your comments about the Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel. We are glad you found our property fit your needs and that are staff was welcoming and friendly.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

FRONT DESK STAFF
- printed a map and directions for me, since im not from here (very helpful)
- Very friendly and helpful
- at check in the lobby was busyyyy, they greated every guest with a smile, and took the time to explain resturant hours, where the gym and bussiness centre where and asked for wake up calls.
- they are a very suited team, each play off the other and make the front desk a little fun, w/ lots of laughter.
- at check out, we where asked if they could make an future reservations for us, we werent planning on staying when we returned, but the stay was really amazing that we decided to come back and let our girls vacation last one more day.

ROOM
- HUGE!!!
- could be updated but comfortable, and cozzy.
- king bed
- queen pull out sofa

RESTURANT
- comp. hot breakfast ... GREAT DEAL !
- the food was actually really good.

HOUSEKEEPING
- very friendly
- in the morning we need towels and the housekeeper brough some to our room, which was a big help!

Park and fly package is what they called it... LIFE SAVER ... you can park your car there for a week, breakfast included, shuttle included, and huge suite. Parking was little tricky with the hotel being busy, so we parked off site. Usually im a little nervous about that, but it is directly next door which didnt make me so nervous.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank alicia A

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are glad you stayed at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel, and very happy you had such a nice experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

For $100 can't complain much. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The room is spacious and the bathrooms pristine. The parking is awful. I went shopping and came back twice to find the parking garage 110% full (people were parking in illegal spaces). I waited 20 minutes for someone to leave (and stalked them). The breakfast was the worst freeby I've ever had......dry toast, scrambled eggs, greasy bacon and no milk for the tea. no yogurts, oatmeal, fruit or muffins. The hotel was loaded I don't understand why they couldn't put out for a better breakfast. . If you're travelling with kids be careful in the elevator. The one elevator attacked me, the elevator should stop when detecting an arm in the way but it didn't and could have really crushed a child. We ran the fan/air conditioner and didn't hear the airplanes or hall noises. And finally the cleaning lady knocked on the door at 8:10......8:10......be sure to put out the 'do not disturb sign' if you are not getting up early.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel. We are very glad you found our rooms to be both clean and spacious. I'm very sorry that you had trouble finding a parking space during your stay. A large meeting in the hotel was the result of the limited space and again I'm very sorry for the incoveniences the parking issues might have caused.

We are also glad to communicate that our elevators are again working properly.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel is clean, neat, spacious, and a great value. Very close to the airport, yet you don't hear the jets. We had seen a very good rate online and we didn't know you had to book online. So, when we checked in, the receptionist reduced the room rate to within $5 of the rate we had seen online, and gave us free parking. The breakfast - free also! - is good - hot food and cold items. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuziandFrank
Tony S, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are glad you stayed with the Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel, and very happy you had such a nice experience.
Are hot breakfast every morning is a hit with many of our guests and I'm glad you have the chance to take advatange of it!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

There's something I look for when I pay for my room - I look for more than just mere amenities. There should be an ambiance, a welcoming feel within the hotel and that is nowhere to be found. We made a reservation for a King Suite. When you read the word "suite" you do pretty much assume it comes with at least a fridge and a microwave... well not so much. Regardless, travelling with a baby it was difficult to live without those amenities so we "upgraded" to a room with a fridge and a microwave for an extra ten dollars. When the front desk staff told us it was an upgrade we expected maybe a little bit more but the only extensive extra that we got was those two appliances. A bit of a "lol what" moment really. The room was cozy, the breakfast was pretty sad - scrambled eggs, potato squares and sausages w/ juice and cold water on the side. No cereal, no muffins, nada. Anyhow, we only stayed on night and were looking to travel to Wonderland the next day but the weather disallowed it so when I called the front desk asking for her opinion on what there is to see around here she brushed me off with the typical "CN Tower/Eaton Centre" guidance. She didn't bother taking any extra time to find something that my daughter would enjoy even when I asked her for guidance on "child-friendly" places - she just replied with "I'm sorry I don't know." Maybe she was new, but upon encountering her again at check out she just seemed plain rude. When I asked to speak to the manager regarding the 10-dollar upgrade at the completion of our stay he was rude, uncaring, and didn't even offer a smile. Honestly I was appalled with the way he spoke, he seemed to have no sense of respect or courtesy. If your only business is with the hotel room then by all means use your money accordingly but if you want to be hosted in a half-pleasant manner, please please please do yourselves a favour and stay at the Radisson or Crowne Plaza down the street.

Room Tip: Airport-facing room provides great views for kids.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mariam S

Your feedback at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel is always welcome. Although we are disappointed to hear that someone's stay was not to their satisfacton we do like to know what the issues were. I'm glad you found out suites to be cozy and too your liking, and that we were able to accomidate your need for a room with a fridge and microwave.

I am very sorry that our staff wasn't able to find or make suggestions of places that would or could have entertained your child. Four our guests convienance we do have a broucher rack in our lobby with several different options within the city.

I beleive it was myself who spoke with you the next morning about the extra $10 charge for the upgraded suite you required that wasn't booked initially when you made the reservation. It was never my intention to disrespect you in any way, had your concerns been communicated I assure you, I would have made sure you didn't leave the hotel feeling that way.

Again I thank you for your comments, and look forward to having your family stay with us again and this time leaving you with a better inpression of our hotel.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was a little apprehensive when booking our stay and fly with you about having some sort of assurance our “1979 Pontiac Trans AM show car” would be safe in your covered parking lot for the one week we would be out of country. I initially called the toll free reservation line and requested that I would like a call back from management if at all possible. You called me back within the hour and gave me your personal commitment that I would have nothing to worry about when staying with you. When we arrived at the reception desk you came out and greeted us both making us feel valued again. I know you are very busy but when you took it upon yourself to go out to the parking lot and find us a suitable parking spot I was overwhelmed. When we were leaving we saw you again giving the same level of detailed personal service in the on-site Grafitti's restaurant. You again took time to greet patrons on a personal level and asked how you could make their stay even better. Your kind of service is what people talk about when they return from vacation and people ask how it was. This level of service you demonstrated is what makes lifelong customers. Thank you again Tony.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank claude p
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I'm sorry, I do not understand the overwhelmingly amount of positive reviews about this property. It's hard to believe I had a fluke problem, the front desk staff could not have been worse. Seriously. It was that bad.

I purchased an advanced purchase rate, which entails paying online the total amount of the reservation in advance, in exchange for securing your room, and guarenting the hotel owner your money at a lower rate, that they get to keep if you don't show up. Well, this hotel doesn't understand that concept. They said upon arrival that I never paid for this reservation although I had an advance purchase rate because the hotel does not charge you in advance because it's guests complain that they are charged at the time of booking for the lower rate. Which is obsurd, the reason why they are given the lower rate. They forced me to provide my credit card upon arrival not for only incidentals, but to charge me the full rate of my reservation. They answered the phone, and had a full phone conversation while I was waiting for them to swipe my credit card. It took a timed length of 23 minutes to check in.

I called the front desk from my room to ask about their complementary airport shuttle. I waited for the phone to ring 22 times before it was answered. Hotel Industry experts agree that once it rings more than 3 times, that a service failure has occured. Indeed.

Now for the good things! The air conditioning did work well, and the complimentary breakfast was very good. Supprinsingly good for a Quality chain hotel.

Would I stay here again? Well, as long as the Front Desk staff smiles if I walk in without a reservation and pay upfront, I would consider it. If they welcome me with "what do you want" then it's a no.

In the mix, I asked for a manager, with the discusted response of, he's only available on Mondays. I later found out that's wrong. Thankfully.

Room Tip: Aviod the 5th and 3rd floors due to the smoking floor being on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Tony S, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Your foodback is welcome at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel. Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone's stay was not to their satisfaction we always like to know what the issues are.

I'm glad I was recently able to get a hold of you and resolve the issue's you experienced.

I'm also glad you found our A/C Units working well and our breakfest buffet to be to your liking.

I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Rooms Division Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#20 of 60 in Mississauga
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!