“Wasn't Terrible but won't go back”

Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Ranked #95 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Hamilton, Canada
“Wasn't Terrible but won't go back”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed one night, the room was big and appeared to be clean but had bed bugs. I woke up with bites all over my arms and legs. I am still itchy

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Polish first
Sudbury
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I am so disugusted at what we found in our washroom. After we checked in I used the washroom. All was fine until I went to flush - on the top of the toilet lid, there was a substantial amount of hair clippings. It was terrible! Not really sure how the cleaning staff could have missed that amount of hair. I called reception and they reluctantly offered switch my room. I was exhausted after a long drive and asked them to bring a luggae cart up when they brought the new key up. Needless the say, the luggage cart never came. There was no apology at all for the state of the bathroom. In addtion, I have never heard back after I submitted a complaint on their website. I specifically asked for a response and offered to send them a picture of the toilet lid. I have stayed at many, many hotels and can honestly say I have never found anything as disgusting as this and along with it such a lack of response from the hotel staff and management. No matter what price you get on the hotel room, it sure isn`t worth discovering what I did.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank GarsonGroup
carlingview, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. Your feedback on the cleanliness of the bathroom is extremely important to us. Providing comfortable, clean and well maintained accommodation, as well as outstanding customer service is absolutely critical for us. Please contact me directly through the hotel. We would really appreciated some additional information on your stay, to ensure we do have these issues rectified.
Thank you so very much!
Sincerely, Keri Walker, Director of Sales, Quality Suites Toronto Airport.
London, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My friends and i booked this hotel for a convention..This hotel was fine at first. we entered the room, it was clean and tidy.. very spacious. but when we used the washroom, the sink kept leaking from under which made it rather unappealing and forced us to put towels under it. Also, the room service with this hotel was awful. we had room service three times. the first time,we specifically told them no ham, yet they added it in anyway. we also found hair in TWO of our plates which is horrible!. the time it was served was rather quick though. also, the second time we had room service for breakfast, it included ham once again.. so when i called them up to tell them, they decided to yell at me over the phone telling me i was mistaken by reading the menu wrong. (when clearly the meal didnt say it included ham what so ever) so i had to go downstairs and show it to them myself.. either way.. the stay i must say was average. considering the suites are very spacious and the house keeping did an excellent job. but when it comes to room service, i honestly would recommend to look elsewhere. finding hair and having people yell at you is really not a thrill. luckily the manager of the restaurant gave us free burgers to accommodate.. but in all honesty, the food wasn't worth all that hassle.. i wouldn't have room service from there ever again and i highly recommend travelers to look elsewhere for food.

Room Tip: Suites not very loud but construction scenary.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maha87
carlingview, General Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We are sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with our room service. We are in the process of making many positive changes with our Food and Beverage Department. Rest assured that your next visit to Quality Suites Toronto Airport will be a much better experience with regards to all aspects of our food and beverage service.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I loved the size of the room at this hotel - it was a suite with a separate living area. The room itself was fine, the linens were decent and it was clean. No issues with noise. There is no wireless Internet in the rooms and the high speed should be called no speed. Because of the wired connection only one person can connect at a time.

The from desk staff on duty when we arrived were hopelessly slow with a poor attitude Other we saw during the week were better.

The gym equipment is very outdated

Be careful of extra charges - $6.00 for airport shuttle, $15.00 for parking, $15.00 for a fridge in the room, $10+ for breakfast.

All in all I really liked the hotel because of the large rooms. This is a bonus when you spend a lot of time in hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed the space that our suites have to offer. We did make some changes to increase the speed of our internet connection in our guestrooms, which is hardwired and complimentary. Complimentary wireless is available in our public areas and meeting space. We are investigating adding this to our guestrooms. We are also hoping to have our fitness equipment updated in the future. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again in the future.
Tony Sabourin,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The hotel was basic, and *might* be fine overall for a cheap overnight stay. My issue is that the hotel website states very clearly that there's a free shuttle to/from Pearson, where in practice the hotel does a "bait and switch".

When I got my monthly credit card statement, I saw a charge for $12 ($6x2) from the hotel. I called and was told that it is a charge for the shuttle to the airport from the hotel because I booked via Hotwire. Apparently it's still free to take the shuttle from Pearson to the hotel, but the hotel charges you to go the other way.

I told the hotel that no one ever told me there would be such a charge, but all I got was the canned response "That's our deal with Hotwire". I called Hotwire and they had never heard of this additional charge. Hotwire ended up offering me a credit for the shuttle charge, and I contested the charge with my credit card company.

Make sure you ask the hotel about extra charges or you may be surprised at a later point, when the hotel is unwilling to do anything about it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brianinvan
carlingview, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. Our goal is to exceed expectations of our valuable guests and it is evident through your comments that we did not meet them. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay.

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Staff very accommodating for allowing us an early check-in and a late check-out. We were travelling with a small dog, and this made our stay at the hotel so much more satifying. The suite was very comfortable, large and clean. Free high speed internet was also a positive asset, as well as free local calls. The value for the price was exceptional. We will certainly stay here again when having a one-night stop over in the Toronto airport area on route to another destination.

Room Tip: check rates on line
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Siroka
carlingview, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for your response and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with The Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Stayed there because we needed to catch an early morning flight and parked the car for a week. The parking was overcrowded and couldn't find a parking spot. I reported to the desk and an agent came right after she checked-in a guest and moved her parking spot for me. I was very impressed!! Then I went to the restaurant on the ground floor for a late dinner, the food was great and it wasn't very expensive! I had a very comfortable bed and it was a king-size! Eventhough, I didn't need a suite for a short stay, I believe they are all suites hotels. With the price that I paid, the park and staying package that I had and the service I had experienced, it was extremely excellent! I would recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues if they ask me about park and fly hotel in the airport area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
carlingview, Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
We appreciate your thorough and complimentary review of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. We hope you will continue to have us as your hotel of choice in the Toronto area and look forward to welcoming you back.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#68 of 136 in Toronto
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#18 of 60 in Mississauga
Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!