Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $33.20
from $15.50
from $135.20
More Info
All reviews water therapies steam room swedish massage terrace restaurant change rooms juice bar mani pedi bangkok garden hand massage body treatment nail polish spa services great massage therapist rmt mask shellac
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

By far the worst massage ive ever had, it was like sue was tickeling me for an hr
- facilities smell and were outdated
- no dry sauna
-no cold tub
- old towels and robes (some with holes)
- lounge chairs are cheap outdoor lawn furniture
- facility is tiny
- i asked many times to push harder during the massage and was told she was doing her best ( @$150.00 an hr)

I will never return to this sewer of a spa with their garbage massages!

I hope it goes bankrupt

Reviewed 1 week ago

My favourite hot tub is in the women's locker room. The blue tiles and the chandelier are pretty and there is a clock on the wall so you can keep track of the time. The robes are comfy. Don't forget the steam room in the women's locker room. There is a larger steam room on the third floor and there are apples and water on each floor. I prefer to go in the evenings as it is quieter. You sometimes get bridal parties on Saturdays and it gets a bit crazy as the tend to take over the place and it gets loud.

Reviewed 1 week ago

good place for girls day-spa retreat. experienced RMT, good massage experience. especially like the hot towel treatment during massage - which help soothe all the tired muscles.

The Pros:
Nice scent on the stairway before even approaching the door, Front desk people were very welcoming and warm, right away you feel comfortable, facility was nice and clean. They use all high end products from the tissue to the Bathroom condiments. Love the Vanity area where all the tools and products that you need are all there for you to use.

The Cons
Lady in the change room was not pleasant, she did not bother giving us instruction how to use the locker while she did with everyone else. Asked her a question and she looked annoyed. When my friend and I were taking a selfie while waiting for my sister to store her stuff in the locker she came up to us and said "your not allowed to hang around here with an annoyed tone on her voice" ... WHAT???? we literally just got there.. I have to say from there on SHE HAD RUINED our mood. There are ways to say certain things in a friendly manner and this lady needs more training. All we could think about was how rude that lady was.

Food at the juice bar. We all ordered shakes which were good also ordered the cheese/crackers platter , very disappointed.. the cheese were hard and fruits were not fresh at all, it almost look like they gave us something thats on display or been sitting there for a long time. FYI we were there at 10:00am and they open at 8:30am. So it must be from the night before.

The Massage
My lady was so un prepared almost felt like she didnt know I was coming or what?. I go in the room and shes tiding up the bed after ive been waiting for 10mins at the lobby. The body treatment was good but the massage part didnt feel like I got one. I dont know maybe i was expecting too much?.. If you're looking for a therapeutic massage its not happening here. I asked the the other girls, and they said the same thing.

Overall Im giving it an average rating.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm a regular at the Elmwood. It provides me with the opportunity to have day-spa retreats those few times a year when I need to get away, recharge, relax and can't take the time to indulge in a week-long or more vacation. It is an oasis of pampering just 30 minutes from home. I look forward to and receive the most relaxing and therapeutic massages and body treatments, pampered facials and mani-pedis. And the best kept secret of all, is the amazingly talented hair stylist, who always manages to wash and blow dry my finicky fine hair to a perfection that I'm yet to match myself! Part-taking in a delicious leisurely 3 course lunch, in the comfort of a soft bathrobe, is yet another indulgence. The complimentary water therapies [fresh water pool; whirlpool; saunas] are an additional bonus when they are available [the pool & whirlpool have not been on my last two visits]. Would also highly recommend that you complete your 'get away spa day' experience by having dinner at the Bangkok Garden Restaurant. The wide variety of Thai fare is all delicious!!! The restaurant is actually connected to the Elmwood Spa... You can just walk through the double doors just off the reception area at the spa and you're transported to Thailand! All the essential elements of a get away, when you can't actually get away!

ElmwoodSpa, Manager at Elmwood Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind, and detailed review --we truly appreciate your loyalty over the years! It is wonderful to know that you enjoy some pampering in the heart of the city, with our services and amenities. Our Water Therapies are open year-round, with the exception of our annual maintenance which takes place for two weeks in September, which is made known to guests. We are glad that you also enjoy dinner at our sister restaurant, Bangkok Garden, and always look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyed our spa day and lunch at Elmwood last Saturday. Was there celebrating a friend's birthday and we all had a great time. Service was good and I was surprised that even the lunch was quite good too. One of the floor host, Trexie was very nice, showed me around, even taught me how to use the locker, lol!

It was my first time there but it will definitely won't be the last. Looking forward to try their massage next time, can't wait to go back :-)

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to Elmwood Spa, and that we will have the chance to welcome you again! It is delightful that you had a day of pampering with your friends, and had a wonderful lunch and were guided through your visit. We will pass along you compliments to the Guest Service Representative, Trixie, and are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Another great visit to Elmwood last Saturday. Went with my adult daughter and from the moment you walk in to your check out time they know how to make you feel special! All the staff are awesome! We have been coming for years and have never had a therapist we didn’t enjoy.
The weekends can get busy and wait times for a spot near the mirror and the hair dryer can occur which is understandable. But we always find the clients so considerate it doesn’t take long to get a spot to do your thing and be on your way.
They are always updating the spa and the staff are continually cleaning no matter where you go in the spa.
Thanks for another great experience Elmwood!

ElmwoodSpa, Manager at Elmwood Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent visit to Elmwood Spa. We are truly glad to hear that you and your daughter had a lovely time, and thank you for your loyalty over the years. Looking forward to continue welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A friend and myself had a few spa services at the Elmwood Spa. We had heard so much about the Spa we thought we'd give it a try. The check in lobby is modern and serene. The Spa is located on 3 additional floors. The water services aren't even average. Its hard to believe they charge extra for these. They consist of a SMALL pool, hot tub and steam room. Very blah! The spa services themselves were good and the therapist were friendly. The atmosphere of the spa is not great. Areas of the spa are run down (including some of the therapy rooms). There isn't anywhere to relax, no lounge chairs. They do have a waiting room with chairs which one is directed to between spa services. The lunch is excellent! However, they are full meals. The change rooms are horrible. Small and cramped. Not enough benches to lay out clothes or bags when the spa is busy. The showers are nothing special. The stations to dry hair and put on makeup are not well appointed and inconvenient. They are large enough for two women to get ready but there is only one hair dryer per station , one curling iron and one hot iron - odd. So, two women who need to dry their hair will be taking up two separate stations yet the counters are big enough for two. Can't say enough about the staff though. They are very friendly and work HARD! Won't return. There are too many spa's in the Toronto area to even consider returning.

Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your visit at Elmwood Spa, and are sorry to hear that you did not find it to be enjoyable. Our Water Therapies consist of a swimming pool, whirlpool, and steam room as well as a sun room and licenced pool-side lounge. These have recently been upgraded and have plush seating where guests can lounge in their robe, as well as enjoy beverages or snacks from our Juice Bar. In addition, our maintenance team works hard to regularly to ensure that our facilities are well-kept. We will certainly pass along your feedback to them, and thank you for reaching out to us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been going to Elmwood since 1992 and continue to go at least 4-6 times a year. It is a calm, well-organization, very clean, comfortable setting with a lot of great services. I've been seeing my esthetician since 2000 and will keep her name secret because I don't want to share her--she's that good and that booked. It has a few nice areas to congregate quietly. The steam room is perfect and you don't miss the sauna. If you're shy there's a women's hot tub in the change room that is large enough for a wedding party. For those couples or not so shy, the 3rd floor pool, steam room and hot tub is there to share. Little details like apples, flavoured waters and teas are nice little details. Even things like the quiet room are great little touches. There are couples rooms with fireplaces if you book in advance for a couples massage--did one with gal pal and another with the BF and it was really nice. So yup, I'd recommend. (Go at least an hour before your appointment if you like to hot tub and float about in the pool.)

ElmwoodSpa, Manager at Elmwood Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience over the years at Elmwood Spa, and we value your loyalty! It is so wonderful to hear that you continue enjoying your visits with us, including our amenities such as the Water Therapies, and services with your aesthetician. We always look forward to welcoming you back and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fabulous day at Elmwood! Had massages and lunch. Ronald RMT provided an excellent massage, asking me my comfort level and making sure my needs were met. Lunch was delicious, with high quality, friendly servers. Been awhile since I have been at Elmwood, and it is truly a class act. Spa was clean, all the individuals working were both friendly and knowledgeable. I do not know why it took me so long to come back, but I will definitely be coming back here soon!