“What a relaxing 'mini day getaway'”
Review of Elmwood Spa

Elmwood Spa
Ranked #5 of 111 Spas & Wellness in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Canada's favourite urban oasis, located in the heart of downtown Toronto. With four floors of treatment and renewal options, retreat packages, couples retreats, Water Therapies (swimming pool, whirlpool and steam), two restaurants and a juice bar, Elmwood Spa offers more than any other day spa in Toronto.
Villafranca di Verona, Italy
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“What a relaxing 'mini day getaway'”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The atmosphere is great, service exceptional. My boyfriend and I went for a deep tissue couples massage for Valentines Day and loved every moment of it. Would highly recommend this place!

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Spa day before vacation”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I ended up getting a couple's spa massage certificate from work and decided to use it with my bestfriend before we left for our weekend getaway to Miami. I haven't gotten a massage in years and this was such an amazing experience. The spa itself was gorgeous and located perfectly downtown. The ambiance was perfect with a nice fireplace during the massage. Lia and Victor were great! The water therapies was excellent. This will definitely be a place I get my massages from here on out!

2 Thank Annie C
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great services.....”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have had several facials but this was one of my best ever! My therapist has been with Elmwood for 20 yrs + and customized my facial specifically for me. She explained everything she was doing and why....I also had a body treatment which was also very good.

The only negative part of my experience was that the reception and the individuals at the desks when you get off the elevators at each floor were not very friendly. If it wasn't for that I would have rated my visit a 5....ps...the 3 course lunch was very good as well.

2 Thank L T
Toronto, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great spa services, go elsewhere for mani-pedi”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was treated to the Great Escape package as a birthday gift from a friend who also joined me for the day. The massage and facial were excellent. Lunch was delicious, although my friend thought it was included in the escape package, so the pricing was not very clear. The gluten free pancakes were so fluffy I am not convinced they were gluten free! The staff were friendly and I actually enjoyed all the natural light in the water therapies and pool area, I find the windowless spaces and dim lighting in most other spas to be dreary rather than relaxing.
The manicure and pedicure were fine, but the space is in the basement and the facilities are really basic. Quite a contrast to the rest of the space, they really need to spruce it up.
They tended to marshall you from one session to the next, but that's understandable otherwise they would get quite behind in their schedule. I thought they were taking this a little far upon check in - they sounded quite discouraging when I said I would wait for my friend after filling out all the forms but before heading to the first appointment.
I would also suggest that they tell you a little more about the snack bar facilities upon check in.
Overall, a lovely day.

2 Thank KBPtravels
Halifax, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Pedicure at Elmwood”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This spa is very convenient to the Delta Chelsea hotel (next door). I went for a pedicure so only saw the lobby and the basement but there are 5 or 6 levels to the spa depending on the service you're getting.

The pedicure (and manicure) area is in the basement, and is in dire need of a makeover. The pedicure chairs are not very comfortable, I was expecting the pedicure chairs that are similar to "lazy boy" chairs where you lie back and relax while getting your pedi done. Not so here, I had to sit up and the seat was not very comfortable at all.

My experience with spas has always been complete with soothing music in the background allowing one to relax and enjoy after a long day, but there was no music in the mani/pedi area, just the constant chatter of the other customers as there are approximately 20 stations on this level.

Overall a very disappointing experience for me.

2 Thank Louisbean