“Enjoyable time!”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Enjoyable time!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Did not disappoint. Sat out in the patio since the weather was lovely. We went as family of four and yet not one of us had smoked meat. We had the bbq smoked brisket which was excellent and juicy. The smokey beef ribs was large but mainly bones and not as much meat as expected. The liver and onions were quite tasty and the Leo (smoked salmon and scrambled eggs) were also good. One of our favourites was the garlic mashed potatoes which was very flavourful. Of course we couldn't leave without trying out the maple beef bacon donuts and the cheese blintzes which was a great way to end the evening. Overall, an enjoyable experience and will probably return again to try the other items.

• Visited June 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Fried chicken with maple syrup. Who knew?”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I might be the only reviewer who hasn't tried the smoked meat sandwich. Instead, during my one visit to Caplansky's (which I'd been told is a Toronto institution) I decided to try the fried chicken. I was not disappointed. First off, the chicken is great on its own. But then they give you a small cup of maple syrup, eh? (little Canadian joke there for you). And man oh man is the combo of friend chicken and maple syrup ever a winner! I will go back and check out the smoked meat.

• Visited August 2013
Edina MN
“Basically Good”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

For us Americans, smoked meat is hard to come by. We came Caplansky's for this reason only and we were very pleased with our focus of attention. However, the side dishes were hit and miss (knish, fries). The service was just fine and the place looks like a deli should look!

Visited April 2014
Ancaster, Canada
“For Deli its tough to beat this place!!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ok this lived up to the hype , classic deli stop. The sandwich smoked meat is incredible , coleslaw pickles sides all soooo good. I tried most of the menu and you wont be disappointed prices are also very reasonable and has patio seating. Its a busy place so plan your timing.

• Visited March 2014
Royal Oak, MI
“Absolutely Amazing Deli”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We were told about Caplanski's by a friend of mine that lives in Kensington Market. The folks at the deli told us most people from the U.S. Hear about them from the Food Network - lots of positive press, and I can see why.

I had the Geddy, which was simply delicious, with a side of beef bacon. I'm a bacon fanatic, and almost never a fan of turkey bacon and such, but this stuff was almost as good as the real thing, and worth trying.

My wife had the brisket sandwich, which was also delicious. We have a lot of great Jewish delis in the Metro Detroit area, but nothing this good.

The staff was incredibly friendly, the neighborhood is cool. We'll eat here again next time we're in Toronto.